Know about this? Rate It!
The Puget Sound area has several major ports. Huge cargo ships are arriving and departing at all times, carrying vast loads of every commercial item known to mankind. Obviously, logging is a big industry in the northwest and here we see the product ready for shipping to parts unknown.
One place I have always loved...
One place I have always loved to go visit is the Ballard Locks. As a kid, my dad used to take me and my sisters down to watch the boats go through and see the fish ladder. The grounds have some of the most beautiful trees, and a small rose garden. A great place to take the family for a picnic lunch.
Please see my Locks Travelogue for more photos.
- Save up to 50% on hotels.
- Hotwire.com Hotwire: Get a 4-star hotel for a 2-star price.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
Seattle Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Vanscoy Hotels
- Manatee Springs State Park Hotels
- Ventura Hotels
- Gwalior Hotels
- Jamaica Off The Beaten Path
- Atlanta Off The Beaten Path
- Nashville Off The Beaten Path
- Arizona Off The Beaten Path
- Crete Island Off The Beaten Path
- San Francisco Off The Beaten Path
- New York City Off The Beaten Path
- Quebec Off The Beaten Path
- Vermont Off The Beaten Path
- Lexington Off The Beaten Path
- Chattanooga Off The Beaten Path
- Ottawa Off The Beaten Path