Belltown Pub and Cafe, Seattle

4 out of 5 stars 3 Reviews

2322 1st Avenue (in Belltown)

w/ my cousin des
    by machomikemd
  • Sunshine64's Profile Photo

Belltown Bistro: The Once Wonderful Belltown Pub is now....

by Sunshine64 Updated Apr 4, 2011

So, now this place is open again, called Belltown Bistro. It's part of a local chain that also owns the BluWater Bistro on Lake Union, in Greenlake, and in Leschi. Pretty good food, but I was hoping for an independent.

The atmosphere has changed from the old pub, and it's now more restaurant/club. The menu is costlier, and they play foreground club music a little to loudly for a restaurant. I understand the music becomes unbearable after 10 (unless, of course, you enjoy that atmosphere), when they used to also allow smoking - before the ban..

The web page seems to still be under construction, but I added a link for future reference. You can see the menu items from the other BluWater restaurants, as I understand they're pretty much the same.

Old review:
    The pub closed, I moved out of the neighborhood. Actually there was no correlation between the two, but I was back in the old neighboorhood and noticed the pub is open again - same furnishing, same food (from what I could see - I didn't actually eat there) just a different name, and maybe a different owner...Oh... And still NO SMOKING :)

After 10 years of service the Belltown neighborhood, The Belltown Pub closed on 30 Sept 2003 due to a dispute over the lease. I walked past the other day and saw that someone has applied for a liquor license, so maybe it will be back in another form....

It's kind of upscale pub fare. They used to have the best burger I've found in Seattle (unfortunately, that doesn't say much, as burgers in Seattle aren't that great), but the last time I was there, the burger was pretty average. And they have dinners, like flank steak with yummy gravy. They have daily specials for lunch and dinner. NON-SMOKING :)

Favorite Dish: NEW: They do have a really good burger - said by some to be the best in Seattle, and I would probably concur, although that's not saying much. To a girl who was raised in the midwest and grew up eating corn-fed beef, nothing else really compares. Oh... but they did let me substitute salad for fries, which is always a plus.

My friend had the fish Tacos, and she like them.

The best part may be the slices of whole grain bread and olive oil they serve as instant gratification.

The Burger was ~$9 and the Fish tacos were ~$13. Almost everything else on the menu was siginificantly higher priced - high teens to low 20's.

Update: I had the calms as an appetizer at the BluWater Leshi, and they were good. I believe they are on the Belltown Bistro menu, as well, but it is not yet on line.

OLD:Flank steak dinner. Guinness.

• machomikemd's Profile Photo

Belltown Pub: easy on the budget

by machomikemd Updated Oct 2, 2008

w/ my cousin des

this is a typical Bar that serves everyday fare sans the smoke (no smoking area inside). They have quite a large selection of dishes like burgers, sea food, bar chow and meats.

Opens: 11:00 am to 12:00 am everyday

Favorite Dish: besides the awesome microbrewed beers they offer at $ 6 a bottle, they also have the regulat stuffs like Coors or Michelob or Budweiser at $ 6 a bottle. Cocktails like Long Island Iced Tea or Pina Colada or Mai Tai starts at $ 8 an order. Crab Cakes at $ 15 an order and sea food linguini at $ 14 an order.

• marca's Profile Photo

Belltown Pub and Cafe: Belltown Pub and Cafe

by marca Written Aug 25, 2002

They have sidewalk tables w/umbrellas on nice days.

Favorite Dish: I got a fish dish that was the special of the day and by wife got one of the burgers. We had read that the burgers are the 'best in town'. This was the only place we ordered burgers while in Seattle so we cannot compare...but it was good!

Instant Answers: Seattle

Comments

Hotels Near Belltown Pub and Cafe
0.1 miles away