Cutters Bayhouse, Seattle

• RAINBOWWINGS's Profile Photo

Cutters Bayhouse Restaurant: Perfect setting for perfect food

by RAINBOWWINGS Written Jul 19, 2009
    Beautiful setting

With so many seafood restaurants to choose from in Seattle, I decided on giving Cutters Bayhouse a chance....and I wasnt wrong!
    With Pike Street Market for a backdrop this was a truly special setting. As always we started with cocktails in the bar, while we watched the little sushi chef prepare his wares at the separate Sushi bar just inside the entrance.
    We´d asked for a good table and were given one with a spectacular view of the Puget Sound. Staff were friendly and attentive but not overbearing, and on leaving we asked for them to ring for a taxi for us and immediately the Maitre d´ rang for their own courtesy bus to take us back to our hotel. Great service

Favorite Dish: Pan fried oysters, crispy calamari, seafood fettuccini ( to die for) seared scallops...it was all good!

• Cutters Bayhouse: Awesome!

by bublee Written Jan 24, 2008

Excellent food. I had the clam linguine coupled with a glass of pinot noir from Oregon...absolutely fantastic. The waiter was a bit distant at first, but improved after my expressed interest in their extensive wine list.

Did I mention the abundance of clams in my linguine? Very impressed.

As for pricing, I'm from Calgary (Canada), where the oil boom is driving restaurant prices through the roof...so any dinner under US$50 is reasonable to me.

Will go again next weekend...even if it's only by myself. Perhaps will finish off with a coffee from the first Starbucks, just down the street.

Cheers!

• sunshinejo's Profile Photo

Cutters Bayhouse: It's worth the extra few pennies!

by sunshinejo Updated Aug 11, 2005

Although I would normally consider this restaurant to be way beyond the limits of my very tight budget, my friend and I had both agreed that while we were in Seattle we wanted to try some really good seafood. After wandering around for a while and only succeeding in finding cheap fish & chip shops crammed with tourists, we eventually gave in to our rumbling tummies and decided to go with "Cutters". Located near Pike Place Market, this restaurant has marvellous views over Elliot Bay, and from the moment we walked through the door we knew this would be a good meal. The main focus of the restaurant is on seafood, the service was fantastic, the food delicious, and the atmosphere just right - fancy but not snobby! I cannot fault this restaurant, if you're looking for a good meal, come here!

Favorite Dish: We were lucky enough to be there at the time when they were serving Alaskan Kings River Salmon, which apparently is only served for 3 weeks of the year when the salmon is jumping upstream, and is the best salmon in the world - or at least that's what they told us! My salmon was served with potato gratin and fresh veggies, including asparagus. It was quickly prepared, beautifully presented and absolutely delicious! They also have a good selection of starters deserts and wines.

• Agraichen's Profile Photo

Cutters Bayhouse: GREAT Crab Cakes

by Agraichen Written Dec 23, 2004

Great view of the waterfront with wonderful service Cutters is a great place for lunch or dinner. the food is incredible and the service matchs.

Favorite Dish: I always have the crab cakes at any seafood restaurant just so I can compare. These are among the best I've had.

• Cutters Bayhouse: Cutters Bayhouse

by dzni Written Aug 26, 2002

Another great restaurant right around Pike Place Market. This one is a little more up-class from Ivar's, and I felt almost a little underdressed when I ate here. But that's ok, there are plenty of other tourists in the area who were dressed like me, so it wasn't bad at all. But dress is casual here.. you know, long pants and a golf shirt, or something similar. ANYWAY, the food was excellent and served very nicely. Plus, the views fom the restaurant of Puget Sound/Elliot Bay were very nice. Expect to pay a lot here, though... it's expensive! :)

• Deborah_Bagg's Profile Photo

I'm a pretty down-to-earth...

by Deborah_Bagg Written Aug 24, 2002

I'm a pretty down-to-earth eater, so don't expect gourmet recommendations here.

1. Beso del Sol
    2. Pasta Bella
    3. Cutter's Bayhouse
    1. Beso del Sol has salsa dancing on Friday & Saturday nights. Prices are pretty good, and you get a ton of food. Bring your appetite.
    2. Pasta Bella has two locations, both are tiny with loads of character. The service is usually really good, and the food is always fantastic.
    3. Cutter's Bayhouse has gorgeous views that accompany very professional service, and exquisite seafood. Never overdone, flavor is fresh and uncomplicated. A bit pricey, for a nice evening out.

Favorite Dish: 1. Enchiladas de Queso
    2. Walnut and Gorgonzola Ravioli
    3. Any fish item

Instant Answers: Seattle

Comments

Hotels Near Cutters Bayhouse
4.0 out of 5 stars