Indian Cuisine, Seattle

Various outlets and locations

• glabah's Profile Photo

Bengal Tiger Cuisine of India: Artful and Popular Indian Food near UW

by glabah Written Oct 5, 2011

The decorations, serving and even the utensils appear to give a definite Indian flavor. Several of the staff appear to be Indian as well, which appear to have helped the restaurant gain some votes in becoming a very good Indian restaurant.

Even the bathroom sinks have metal castings that resemble bamboo, in order to provide a bit of an Asian feel to the most basic of fixtures.

However, I am still stumbling my way through Indian cuisine, so I can't say that I have really a good feel for that which I like and that which I do not like.

There was a group of six of us, and we did some sharing of some of the food - which is easy to do in this restaurant as it is served.

Spice is asked for on a 1 to 5 scale to just about any item you ask for.

Papadums and three different sauces are served as a pre-meal platter.

Favorite Dish: I'm not sure just yet. I can tell you that the Vegetarian Baiji dish that I had was good, but not something that I had a taste for. Some of the other dishes were quite a lot closer to my liking.

The Mango Lassi is $4, and one of the most expensive drinks on the menu, but is quite good and a popular item.

• Tandoor: Awesome Indian Lunch Buffet!

by Marley96 Written Apr 26, 2008

You can't beat this place for a great Indian lunch buffet. The selection is great for vegetarians and meat eaters and lovers of spicy Indian cuisine at a reasonable price. Located a few blocks from the UW in the U-District, this place is the best Indian restaurant in the U-District. Their samosas are to die for, and their garlic naan is heavenly. And you cannot beat the price: $6.99 for the lunch buffet M-F, $7.99 on weekends.

Favorite Dish: The weekday lunch buffet at $6.99 is a real bargain, and always filled with tasty selections.

• Cedars: Excellent Indian / Veggie

by Marley96 Written Apr 26, 2008

Cedar's is a great hidden gem of an Indian Restaurant in Seattle. Located near the U-District and the Roosevelt District north of downtown, this awesome little place is worth the trip if you like great Indian food, from Tandoori to classic Indian. The staff is friendly and helpful, and the ambiance is a great neighborhood place. Check it out!

Favorite Dish: Chicken vindaloo, Aloo Gobi, and Vegetable Kofta.

• 932john's Profile Photo

Roti: A Must for Anyone who enjoys Indian Food

by 932john Written Dec 17, 2007

Roti is a fantastic Indian Food restaurant in the Queen Anne district, walking distance from the Seattle Center. An absolute must for anyone who enjoys Indian Food. This place will turn you into an Indian Food Lover. Very authentic menu and decor. We were only in Seattle 3 days and we ate at Roti twice, it was that good.

Favorite Dish: The Mango Chicken is the best Indian dish I've ever had. Tender chunks of chicken that burst with a mango chutney flavor is absolutely outstanding. Ample portions. The naan bread is also fresh and delicious.

• Cedars On Brooklyn: Cedars On Brooklyn - best Indian food in Seattle

by akilgore42 Written May 2, 2007

One of my favorite restaurants in Seattle is Cedars on Brooklyn. The dining room is elegant and formal yet also comfortable and accommodating for the casual diner. The food is fantastic, and the service is courteous. They even bring you a (single) complimentary desert, such as a small pastry or a scoop of Chai ice cream, at the end of your meal to be shared by your party.

I recommend making reservations or going during off-hours, because the wait can be very long due to the popularity of this restaurant among local university students.

Favorite Dish: I recommend Naan for an appetizer, Butter Chicken for the meal, and then Chai ice cream for desert.

Instant Answers: Seattle