Italian Cuisine, Seattle

by Rumi-fan
  • Italian Cuisine
    by heryanta
  • Vivanda Entrance Looking Towards Pike Market
    Vivanda Entrance Looking Towards Pike...
    by leeludalas
  • wanderlust23's Profile Photo

The Pink Door: Quaint, charming, Italian flair and food!

by wanderlust23 Written Aug 6, 2003

This restaurant can be found in Post Alley, a small little alley found near Pike Street Market and usually only known well by locals. The Pink Door is found behind a small, pink door in an unassuming part of the alley. When you walk inside, however, the atmosphere gives you the feeling that you're in some quaint, little restaurant in a small Italian town.

Down some stairs, by a fountain, past a few decorated tables - you'll notice that the walls are decorated in a colorful, Italian theme. In the summer, you'll most likely find a sign pointing to the outdoor deck asking you to 'Come around back, we're on the deck'.

Once outside, you have a lovely veiw of the Puget Sound glittering in the sunlight. A grapevine laden pergola sits atop the deck allowing for some shade.

All in all, a very pleasant dining experience!

Favorite Dish: The best dish on the menu has got to be the smoked cheese pasta. Very tasty!

Also notable is the bruschetta!

• trvlnurse's Profile Photo

Pasta Freska: Eclectic Eateries

by trvlnurse Written Jun 22, 2003

The building bills itself as a pizzeria but once inside the atmosphere is aromatically fine Italian food. Our chief surprised us by sitting with us to inquire about our favorite tastes then he went off to "prepare us something special" He did, an amazing 5 course Italian meal without the usual menu and price tag.

• Camille_W's Profile Photo

Rialto: Perfect italian food hidden in North Seattle

by Camille_W Written Apr 14, 2003

Rialto is a small neighborhood restaurant just north of Green Lake. Unlike the butter and fat laden faux-Italian food you find at Olive Garden, this is the real thing. The menu is not extensive, but what they offer is the best italian food to be found in Seattle.

The restaurant itself is small. Get there right after opening or be prepared to wait a few minutes to be seated. Meals start off with a very fresh salad. Entrees are perfectly sized - you can finish a meal and not feel like a glutton when you are done. The sauces are wonderful, and I love their manicotti! They have an ice cream sandwich for desert that is not obscenely huge and it is quite tasty and can be shared by two people.

Favorite Dish: The manicotti is a perfect size and very tasty. You get two manicottis served under Rialto's delicious red sauce.

• butte's Profile Photo

The Spagetti Factory: My favorite restaurant would...

by butte Updated Dec 15, 2002

My favorite restaurant would have to be, The Spagetti Factory, I know, I know your supposed to eat seafood in Seattle but I don't like the stuff. But if you do like sea food try either The Crab Pot or Ivars Seafood, I heard nothing but good things.
    The Spagetti Factory is located downtown in an old Spagetti Factory, hense the name. It is very rustic and antiquish. Although it has a bit of an odor at first.

Favorite Dish: Spagetti and Meatballs! YUM!

• MrGQ's Profile Photo

'La Rustica' is for those who...

by MrGQ Written Sep 8, 2002

'La Rustica' is for those who love Italian food!Period! Pardon Nico but I'm French! Ahh .. well you should try Café Campagneon Pine St. Excellent French bistro!! 'Harmon Pub & Brewery' is a a place that offers cheap beer and inexpensive meals! What more could a guy ask for huh! :)Also try 'Red Mill' Burgers. One of the best in Seattle .. in my opnion!

• drmorf's Profile Photo

Trattoria Mitchelli: Italian in Pioneer Square...

by drmorf Written Sep 3, 2002

Trattoria Mitchelli is located in Pioneer Square on Yesler Way. The first time I ate here was for a late night (early morning) bite when I was an "old" teenager out partying with some of my over-21 co-workers. I've kept coming back ever since!

Favorite Dish: The pasta dishes are my fav.

• meliae's Profile Photo

The Pink Door: The Pink Door

by meliae Written Aug 25, 2002

20-30s, hip Seattleites go here after work for drinks. Fountain inside, small wood deck outside (can be a long wait to sit on the deck).

Favorite Dish: Italian cuisine. I generally get different things each time I go there. Their risotto is delicious. Drinks on the porch are great on a hot summer evening.

Instant Answers: Seattle