Pub / Brewery, Seattle

by grasshopper_6
  • Pub / Brewery
    by grasshopper_6
  • Summer33's Profile Photo

Dad Watsons: Can't go wrong with McMenamins!!!!

by Summer33 Updated Mar 6, 2004

Dancing Dad Watson

McMenamins is a huge chain in Oregon, when I lived in Eugene we were always going to the different McMenamins each and every one with their own style usually in old cool houses with wood floors and a really relaxed setting. The beer is unbeatable and I can't even begin to explain the food! When I moved back to Seattle my boyfriend (a native of Oregon) and I were amazed to find a McMenamins on Roy St. (bottom of queen anne) although it was pretty nice inside it just didn't have the McMenamins feel, how could it being the bottom floor of an apartment building?...until we found Dad Watsons. This is located in Fremont right across from the Dubliner, you want a burger and a beer, this is the place to go!

Favorite Dish: The small basket of fries is amazing, it'll feed 3-4 people and of course a pitcher of any of their delicious brewskies!

• Summer33's Profile Photo

Elephant & Castle: The Elephant Castle

by Summer33 Written Mar 9, 2004

Inside the bar

A great pub located in the heart of downtown, you'll find all of the local business men having a beer after work here, but along with that great good and great drinks! Most importantly this restaurant has an amazing environment and energy.

• School Holidays
    • Beer Tasting

• jake22's Profile Photo

The Pike Pub and Brewery: Good local brew

by jake22 Written Dec 22, 2003

welcome flyer

We ate only seafood, which was very good and served nicely.
    The Pub is next to the Pike Place Market in downtown Seattle,

Favorite Dish: Broiled salmon, it was cooked to perfection, not overdone like some and we were allowed to share a plate, since our capacity is reached prior to completing a dish.

• Kells Irish Restaurant & Pub: Irish Drinking Songs & Guinness

by PrunedInWA Updated Jul 29, 2004

Irish Pub by Pike Place

Kells is a great place for a quiet lunch (it's in a lightly traveled alley, the hustle & bustle disappears as you round the corner) during a day of shopping at Pike Place or a bit of Irish excitement in the wee hours of the night. I was in the bathroom one time and a truely Irish, truely smashed woman in the stall next to me was singing an Irish Lullaby of sorts. This was at noon...Ahh...good times!

I'm told that later in the evening they sometimes spontaneously break into a drinking song or two...

There is also outdoor seating in the alley, sounds a little trashy to say alley, it's actually great, I've never sat indoors before!

GO...ENJOY!!!

Favorite Dish: I'm not the Irish pub fare type, but I usually order one of their fancy salads and they're always fantastic. Last time I went for their Smoked Salmon Salad and there was so much salmon that I enlisted my husband for help and between the 2 of us we were unable to eat it all. Everyone else goes for the Irish food and always says it's fabulous as well.

• Agraichen's Profile Photo

The Pike Pub & Brewery: Great food, Great Beer

by Agraichen Written Jan 6, 2005

In the "basement" of a "shopping mall" what do you expect ? Good food? Good Beer? Gotta thing about that one?

Well, head up to The Pike Pub & Brewery in Seattle. Just a block "down" from the world famous Pike's Fish Market in the Seattle Public Market, this restaurant serves up the best.

Excellent beer selection accompanies a broad pub fare to make for a great experience.

Favorite Dish: In pubs I'm partial to burgers so I tried the musroom & onion burger...OH WOW...done to perfection (and I'm very fussy) with a taste that I can still savore.

The Lookout: Some Happy Hour Selections on Monday Night

by glabah Written Aug 25, 2010

The Lookout: view not as promising as sounding

The web site and other literature claims that "The Lookout" has the best view in Capitol Hill. This may be true, but even so the view is not that impressive from here. It is kinda sorta possible to see the edge of Lake Union and a significant part of the Space Needle, but then much of Seattle has a view of the Space Needle.

We (two friends and myself) went here for a happy hour, which was advertised as happening all day Monday.

However, the happy our only applied to certain foods and certain dishes.

The food was OK, but not extremely spectacular. Granted: what can you expect in Seattle for the $5 happy hour price? However, I am also glad that we didn't pay the full price for these items, or I would have been particularly annoyed.

There is no happy hour menu, but the specials are written on the wall in chalk by the bar.

I selected "satisfied" on the selection box, but the fact is that if any of us had paid full price for what we got, we probably would have selected "Somewhat unsatisfied" and saying this place has "the best view in Capitol Hill", while technically true, doesn't really live up to expectations.

Favorite Dish: Of the $5 happy hour selections, the Pita Pizza seemed to be the best option that any of us chose.

Paddy Coynes - Seattle: Irish Pub and Grub near South Lake Union area

by glabah Updated Nov 11, 2010

Paddy Coynes Seattle Pub in very Modern Building

While there are currently three locations for Paddy Coynes, the South Lake Union location was the first. It opened in 2004, and based on the crowds at 1:30 in the afternoon on a weekday, has become a popular neighborhood spot, even during times when it has no reason to be.

While located in a very modern building, the interior has been furnished with woodwork and furniture to be a fine mixture between a modern restaurant and an old-world watering hole.

Check the calendar on the web site for various music and game nights, plus various other events.

There is a happy hour, though I wasn't there for it, and the bar appears to be reasonably well equipped, though I didn't sample anything from it.

Favorite Dish: There is an assortment of good looking treats on on the menu. I chose one of the more expensive lunch offerings - the Bangers and Mash at $11.95. Diet coke runs $2.00 here. My lunch companion seemed to enjoy the half a meat loaf, at $6.95.

Mulleady's Irish Pub: Assorted Food with Imported Drinks of Various Type

by glabah Updated Sep 1, 2009

Mulleady's Pub in the Magnolia neighborhood

Set among the varied residences of the Magnolia neighborhood, you would naturally expect a small neighborhood bar to be just that, as there isn't much other than residential in the immediately surrounding area.

The Irish Pub theme of Mulleady's certainly delivers that atmosphere, as well as serving up a variety of food. Despite the menu not being extremely extensive, it is quite impressive for a neighborhood bar type location.

Supposedly, according to the pub's propaganda, the huge urinal in the men's room is somewhat of a tourist attraction, having been saved from one of the old theatres in downtown Seattle. It is a fairly typical design from the 1920s and 1930s, however.

The downstairs part of the facility is open to minors until 9 in the evening.

There are two happy hours: 4 to 6 in the afternoon, and 10 tp 12 in the evenings.

Favorite Dish: Irish Knockers and Colcannon for $14 features sausages specially made for Mulleady's by one of the Seattle meat houses. I've been told that the Grilled Mahi Mahi Wrap ($10) is also quite good.

The Black Cherry - Chocolate Cake ($4.50) is Wonderful, but it is also large enough to split between two people.

Except for happy hour, you will find that most of the beer here starts at $4.50.

Most of the menu is on the web site, so that will give you some better idea as to what is available here.

• lolitajane's Profile Photo

Rock Bottom Seattle: Great Food

by lolitajane Updated Aug 30, 2004

The food is fresh & tasteful, service is good, beer is brewed there (There are 6 lagers & ales to choose) and the ambience is very nice.

Favorite Dish: Yum, yum! Chicken Genovese (Pasta and chicken) & Hickory Burger (A half-pound of USDA Choice sirloin topped with melted Cheddar, crisp hickory smoked bacon and Stout barbecue sauce on a bakery fresh bun).

• Carmanah's Profile Photo

T.S. McHugh's: An Irish pub and restaurant near Seattle Center

by Carmanah Updated Mar 31, 2008

We were walking around the Key Arena at Seattle Center and stumbled upon a restaurant with red paned windows, flowers, and lighted pub signs for Harp, Bushmill's, Bailey's, and Guinness. Looking for a restaurant that could accommodate a group of eight as well as provide some decent beer, it seemed to fit the bill.

As we walked inside, it was evident that we were inside a pretty authentic recreation of an Irish pub. They had Irish lagers and stouts like Harp and Guinness on tap, plus several local specialties like Mac & Jack's African Amber Ale. I noticed that most of the patrons seemed to be over 30.

We were seated immediately at two tables at the back and service was prompt and efficient. Most people ordered appetizers such as onion rings and chicken wings. They also had many traditional items on the menu like beef & Guinness pie and Irish soda bread, but I decided to stick to the non-Irish pub fare as I was just craving a burger.

Overall, I'd likely go back to T.S. McHugh's if I was in the area craving Irish comfort food for dinner. This place is equally a restaurant as it is a pub.

Favorite Dish: I had their crispy chicken burger with fries ($9.45) and a Strongbow cider. The chicken burger was very crispy (many places advertize crispy but only present you with deep-fried). It had a nice melted Swiss cheese, fresh tomato, crispy lettuce and was wrapped in red foil. On the side was a large slice of dill pickle.

The fries were thin but were double fried, meaning they were extra crispy. They tasted delicious... just like Dairy Queen fries. In fact, had you presented me that burger combo in another context, I would have sworn I was eating Dairy Queen, which is a good thing! I like Dairy Queen... but it kind of surprised me to find this at an Irish pub restaurant.

• drmorf's Profile Photo

74th Street Ale House: 74th Street Ale House

by drmorf Written Aug 26, 2002

A great selection of draughts and a great menu. I used to live in this neighborhood (Greenwood/Phiney Ridge) in the early '80's and this was a hole-in-the-wall neighborhood tavern I used to go to when I did my laundry a few doors down. The place was remodled in the late 80's to its present state-a vast improvement!

Favorite Dish: The Gumbo! Spicy and Delicious!

• joyryd's Profile Photo

Pyramid Alehouse: Local microbrewery

by joyryd Updated Nov 30, 2005

If you've got time before the game, head across the street from Safeco Field to the Pyramid Alehouse. They have several microbrews on tap, some seasonal.

Favorite Dish: Mostly typical pubfare with a Northwest flair. Everything pairs well with whatever beer you decide on. Hate decisions? Try the beer sampler!

• meliae's Profile Photo

Kell's Irish Pub: Kell's Irish Pub

by meliae Written Aug 25, 2002

Two bars, separated by a hallway/bathrooms. If you go during the day, only the front bar is open. Around 5pm they open the back bar, which is long and dark. Great place to hang out with a large group of friends, smoke, and drink beer. Front bar is non-smoking. Small outside sitting area. Love that Guiness®! Bands generally play there in the eves.

Favorite Dish: Beer. Every time I've been there with friends who have ordered hors d'ouvres, it's been a fairly long wait for their food (like we're done having beer and are ready to move on and the food hasn't arrived yet). Great place for drinking beer though. :-)

• cfritz75's Profile Photo

McMenamins Chain: A Northwest Favorite

by cfritz75 Written Oct 9, 2006

There are three of the MeMenamins chain of pubs in the Seattle area. If you check out their website the actually have quite a bed and breakfast business in Oregon as well. The usually have the usual 5 home brews and will sometimes have a seasonal. The menu rarely changes, but doesn't need to since they offer great comfort food. I love the burgers, but others will opt for Mac n Cheese or meatloaf. I've been to all three in the Seattle area, and they all have the same atmosphere. Big wooded boothes, dim lighting, and good beer. What more could you ask for?

Favorite Dish: Communication Breakdown burger & the Ruby beer

• kreutz's Profile Photo

The Ram: Great Food in Authentic College Environs

by kreutz Written Oct 29, 2004
    The Ram in Seattle's University District

They do everything right at the The Ram. It's manly enough to serve outstanding burgers and sophisticated enough to put out an eclectic variety you might expect at a top-notch steakhouse.

With a restaurant in the front and a bar in the back it can be family friendly or a little more colorful depending on what you want. You'll always find a young crowd there as it is just blocks away from the University of Washington.

The atmosphere inside is accentuated by rowing skulls hanging from the ceiling and a very open kitchen with no walls separiting it from the restaurant.

The Ram is a touch more expensive than your typical burger barn or steakhouse.

Favorite Dish: All dishes involving red meat are a sure bet.

Instant Answers: Seattle