Salty's, Seattle

• joiwatani's Profile Photo

Salty's: Salty's Restaurant

by joiwatani Updated Nov 23, 2008

%cbSalty's Restaurant

The backdrop is the whole City of Seattle. (Please see my Seattle front page). That picture was taken while dining at the Salty's Restaurant. The view is excellent!

The restaurant is voted as the best restaurant in Washington State for 2006. The restaurant is nestled in a corner of Alki Beach where you can see the whole of the City of Seattle! While dining at this restaurant, you can see the ferries, the kayakers, the seaguls flying and most of all, you can have a 180 degree view of the city! Half of the restaurant are all windows. It has a deck where you can go out and have a drink and just watch the view! It is absolutely gorgeous!

The food at Salty's is excellent. Try their clam chowder, crab cakes and their seafood menu!

Favorite Dish: I was at this restaurant several times. In fact, I had my first date and my wedding reception here. All my guests enjoyed the brunch! We had seafood, salmon steak, crab cakes, clams, etc.

• joiwatani's Profile Photo

Salty's Restaurant: Eat and dine with a view of the City of Seattle

by joiwatani Written Sep 30, 2007

The front of Salty's

Salty's Restaurant location is very sought for since the restaurant is perched on Alki Point where you can see the water and the whole downtown Seattle! Not only that you have a beautiful view, the restaurant serves delicious food- whether steak or seafood!

Salty's has been voted many times as the best restaurant in Seattle and in Washington State! The restaurant is for fine dining. It's very beautiful and romantic to come to this restaurant. Whether you have a date, a family get-together or have an occasion, Salty's can satisfy that need!

I had my wedding reception in this restaurant so I can truly tell that it is one of the finest restaurant in Seattle! We had our lunch reception it at the State Room. The reason why my husband and I chose Salty's is because we actually first dated in this restaurant - we had a candle light dinner, champagne, roses and had sumptous meal of a combination of seafood!

Favorite Dish: I love their steak and their combo seafood!

• Summer33's Profile Photo

Salty's: An unforgettable experience!

by Summer33 Written Feb 2, 2004

The view alone is worth the 15 minute drive from downtown and add the amazing food, environment and you can't forget live jazz and it's practically unbeatable. I celebrated my 21st birthday there and although it's a little pricey (above average) it was worth it and then some.

Favorite Dish: Any fish entree

• davequ's Profile Photo

Salty's: For the view

by davequ Updated Dec 23, 2008

SpaceNeedle from Saltys

And the food's good too,
    but for me it is the fabulous view from West Seattle / Alki Point of the beautiful night Seattle skyline of Seattle Elliott bay that makes Salty's so special.

Pic I took from the park next door to the N. of Salty's.

Salty's has a complimentary "limo" shuttle that will give you a ride from a downtown hotel, and during good seasonal weather you can take Elliott Bay Water Taxi from Pier 55

Bring your camera and a couple wide and or telefoto lenses, even a tripod. It's a view you won't forget, accompanied by good dinner & drinks.

Wow! - Check out Salty's awesome view from the new
    Live Elliott Bay Webcam!

Favorite Dish: Seafood specials. All good quality. I like grilled prawns, cioppino, seared scallops, and of course, as always in Seattle, the king salmon. If it swims, Salty's does it pretty well.
    Here are some menus to peruse
    And the view is a knockout.

Here are some Salty-pix and virtual tours.

• Erin74's Profile Photo

Salty's: Great seafood and an excellent view

by Erin74 Written Dec 2, 2003

Salty's is located in West Seattle, a perfect location to enjoy sweeping views of Seattle and the Sound. Ask for a table near a window or outside on the deck (if it is warm enough). You'll be treated to amazing city views and the sight of passing ferrys. This is a great place to dine on the 4th of July if you want a spectacular view of the fireworks.

It's not just the setting that is wonderful at Salty's. The food is truly delicious and the service is quite attentive. Try any one of their fresh seafood dishes for a memorable meal. You can also enjoy live jazz in the restaurant several times a week.

Favorite Dish: Try the seared salmon with granny smith apples or the macadamia nut crusted snapper!

• Business Travel

• Agraichen's Profile Photo

Salty's on Alki: Incredible Buffet

by Agraichen Updated Jul 17, 2011

Salty's on Alki is located on the water providing an incredible view of down town Seattle. Just the view alone is worth the visit. Arrive early and hungry as it is typically crowded and has one of the largest and best brunch buffets I've ever seen.

Service is excellent and every dish our party tried was excellent.

Drinks were heavily poured and only the best was used.

Favorite Dish: It's hard not to like all of the dishes. I'm not a great sea food lover and even I enjoyed trying some of the fish. The beef was done to perfection as was the chicken. Salads were fresh and crisp as were all of the fruit dishes. There was over a hundred feet of food that was changed out constantly to ensure it was fresh and hot/cold, depending on the dish.

All dishes tried were great.

• RAINBOWWINGS's Profile Photo

Saltys: Famous and worth it!

by RAINBOWWINGS Written Sep 28, 2009

View from table

Id read several reviews of this restaurant and was a little worried that it may have been just a bit too touristy, but I neednt have worried as it turned out to be one of the best restaurants we had visited in Seattle.
    We rang them a few days earlier to book and to reserve their complimentary limo service which picked us up at our hotel door on the dot! It looked like a small bus but on entering it was a complete limo with leather sofas, drinks cabinet and soft music. The driver was great and also gave us a guided tour en route to the restaurant. He told us to tell our server approx.20 minutes before we were due to leave and he would pick us up and take us back to our hotel
    We had a perfect table and the restaurant was very busy as predicted but the service was excellent as were the cocktails that had now become a tradition and part of the holiday. The views were breathtaking as we were across the Sound looking at the city and as dusk fell and the city lit up it was amazing.

Favorite Dish: Lots of lovely fish and seafood here. Two of us had Paella and although I live in Spain and love this dish I must say it was good but it wasnt Paella!! Served in its cast iron pan there was a whole lot of seafood and very little rice, but the flavours were good.
    The other two in the party had scallops and were becoming experts on these delicious molluscs, eating them whenever they could. their verdict was Great!

• Minnieg's Profile Photo

Salty's: Good Ambience on top of great food!

by Minnieg Written Jul 26, 2005

What a beautiful setting.. a restuarant just along the waterfront front and has the view of Seattle skyline.. Enjoy the tasty dinner or even a luscious lunch with friends and family..

Prices ranges from 30 to 50 dollars per person (depends on what you order)

• Salty's on Alki: THE best!

by CarrieHinWA Written Oct 8, 2006

This is my favorite restaurant in all of Seattle. Not only is the food excellent, but the view is breathtaking from any table. You are actually sitting across Puget Sound from the downtown Seattle skyline. It's beautiful at night or on a nice sunny day. However, I've been there on a rainy day and it's just as beautiful.

Favorite Dish: I tend to go for the brunch at this restaurant. It's served both Saturday and Sunday. I can't even go into the details of the different types of food they serve at this event, because there are just so many. Some of the highlights are oysters on the halfshell, peel and eat shrimp, crab legs, fresh waffles, crepes...and the best thing of all - a chocolate fountain in which you can coat virtually anything you want in chocolate.

• Seattlejhn's Profile Photo

Salty's on Alkai: These people really make it happen!

by Seattlejhn Updated Apr 4, 2011

The staff the food and the atmosphere, you'll love it!

Favorite Dish: I prefer what is called a "surf n turf " type entree with a 6oz.filet and 6oz. broiled salmon with a side of bernase sauce. However they did not have exactly that but recommended the lobster and filet platter. So I took that and it was pretty good. They even had the side of bernase sauce too howabout that!

• glabah's Profile Photo

Salty's: Well-Known Good Food and View, but You Pay for It

by glabah Updated Aug 23, 2012
    Salty's from Outside: Typical Water-side Building

First off I want to say that Salty's has excellent food, and that the service provided to our group of VirtualTourist members during the Seattle Worldmeet in 2012 was wonderful, right down to allowing us to occupy some of the prime real estate in the restaurant before some of the group arrived, as otherwise there is no way to reserve a specific table location.

However, the fact is also this is an expensive place to eat, and one restaurant to the north you will find another place right on the waterfront that has the same great view. The food quality isn't quite as nice, but then it is also nowhere near as expensive.

That being the case, however, Salty's is definitely a great place to eat and as long as you understand that it isn't cheap to eat here you should be able to enjoy just about anything on the menu here. They have won a number of awards for their food and for their service. It is possible to order some of the lesser expensive things on the menu, such as the chowders and appetizers, and there really is a huge range of prices here. However, most of the true dinner items are in the $40 or more range.

Take time, if possible, to take a look at some of the eccentric artworks that are scattered about the inside and outside of the restaurant. Some of these are big metal sculptures.

Favorite Dish: What I had was a Shirley Temple for $3.25 (and a refill that apparently came free of charge), the Halibut Oscar for $40.00, and a piece of White Chocolate Mousse Cake for $8. This comes to a total of $51.25 and toss in $5.75 in taxes and the automatic 18% gratuity because we were a group of 9 people, the total came to $66.23 even before any additional tip was added.

Instant Answers: Seattle