Space Needle, Seattle

by grandmaR
    Seattle Corn Clam Chowder $9.00
    by grandmaR
  • tracynew72's Profile Photo

Sky City Restaurant - at the Space Needle: Spectacular views!!!!

by tracynew72 Updated Dec 5, 2003

Come to SkyCity™ to partake of the natural taste treasures of the Pacific Northwest. The freshest seafoods and finest aged meats are virtually reinvented through the skill and creativity of a world-class crew of chefs. Best of all, many of these raw ingredients come right from our neighborhood. Salmon harvested from local waters. Berries picked from our abundant fields. Top it all off with mouth-watering desserts concocted from the fertile minds of our culinary masters. So come join us. Indulge yourself in Seattle's unique dining experience as you surround yourself in 360 degrees of spectacular, where every seat is a view seat, and every meal a treasure. (www.spaceneedle.com)

Favorite Dish: We went for brunch - the courses were nice, I reccommend the Butternut Squash Bisque & Ahi Tuna Cakes....

however, DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME ORDERING the decadently described brownie ala mode ---- this was a HUGE dissapointment (tasted like a dried out hockey puck drizzled with caramel and vanilla bean ice cream!)

The servers were warm and friendly and very familiar with the surrounding sites - so ask questions about the things you see from your spectacular view!
    Also -- there is no bad seat in the house!

• deWilde's Profile Photo

Sky City at the Space Needle: Fabulous View

by deWilde Updated Jan 22, 2005

Views at Sky City

One of the biggest mistakes that people make is that they wait in huge lines to get up to the observation desk of the Space Needle. For about $12.50 more not only do you not have to wait in line, but you get a direct route to the top via the private Sky City elevator and, if that wasn't good enough, a wonderful meal to boot.

The cost of eating at the Sky City is a minimum $25 per person and it's well worth it, especially since you get access to the Space Needle Observation deck free of charge. The food is great and you get a 360 degree view of the city while you are eating. The room circles around the base of the observation deck. It really is a site to see and something that everyone should try once.

Favorite Dish: I had the Seared Ahi Tuna with wasabi mashed potatoes and bok choy this time. It was great! We also ordered their famous desert, although I can’t remember the name. Basically it was a scoop of vanilla ice-cream with chocolate syrup a strawberry and one small cookie on the side. The cool thing was that they add water to the dry ice [below the ice-cream bowl] so all of this smoke comes flowing out from under it. It is very neat looking, but not worth the $7 it cost us. Save your money for another desert or a treat somewhere else.

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

SkyCity: A Free Ride to the Top

by grandmaR Updated Jun 11, 2011

Whole Fried Rockfish $55.00

SkyCity is open for lunch, dinner, and Saturday and Sunday brunch. Since I couldn't go for lunch and didn't want to waste a Saturday or Sunday on the Space Needle, I had dinner.

The main draw for me was:

"As always, your elevator ride and Observation Deck access are complimentary when dining at SkyCity." At that time the ride up was $6.00. Now it is more - others have reported that it is $12.00.

I had an early dinner so I got to sit right by the edge where I had a good chance to take photos. They do warn you not to put anything on the window sill, as it will rotate away from you.

I do not remember exactly what I had. I think I turned the bill in with my expense account. I only know from my notes that the dinner including tip was $37.05

When Bob and I came to Seattle in 2011, we did dinner at Sky City again. By this time the ride for Seniors is $15 each, but the food is relatively more expensive. This time the minimum order is $30, and our actual dinner was over $100. So not so much of a bargain.

Favorite Dish: I had made a reservation but it got attached to the wrong day. So when I went to fix it, the only time I could get was 5:15. We got there early. We got a ticket (photo 2) for our special elevator (photo 5) to take us up to the restaurant. Then we went out on the viewing platform for a little while before dinner.

I had deep fried rockfish which was a whole fish - fins, eyes and everything which was one of the specials at $55.00. Bob had Seattle Clam Corn Chowder for $9.00 (photo 2) which he practically licked the plate clean, and a pasta seafood dish (photo 4).

• Minnieg's Profile Photo

Space Needle: delicious gourmet!

by Minnieg Written Jan 16, 2005

grilled salmon with asparagus

The restuarant up top Space needle is the best place to have dinner.. the view is spectacular and the food was great.. The presentation was awesome. prices ranges from $30-$40 per person or depends on what you order.

• GracesTrips's Profile Photo

Space Needle: At least do this once in your lifetime!

by GracesTrips Written Sep 15, 2005

Where do I start? Great restaurant - food was absolutely delicious. I made reservations in advance over the internet (see web address below) and you'll receive an email confirmation. If you choose to eat at the restaurant, the fee to go up the elevator and observation deck is waived ($13/adult). The restaurant rotates ever so slightly 360 degrees to give you an all around view of Seattle. I originally asked for a window seat - they will not guarantee this but even sitting towards the inside was perfectly fine - we had a clear view. From our hotel, we walked over 1 block to the Westlake Center to ride the Monorail ($3.50 roundtrip) which drops you off right at the Space Needle and returned back the same way. By no means was the meal cheap - but well worth it.

***Go to www.spaceneedle.com - you have access to real-time webcam of Seattle from the Space Needle!

Favorite Dish: I had a seafood platter of fish, scallops and shrimp. It was a very nice variety or seafood. The bread basket was filled with wonderful artisan breads and would be refilled when empty.

• Luxury Travel

• trvlhke's Profile Photo

Space Needle: Fabulous View for a Price

by trvlhke Written Aug 24, 2004

Don't get me wrong, the food was fantastic, but it was more about the ambiance and the view. If you're simply wanting a good meal and don't care about the view (especially if the weather is bad) there are probably better restaurants for the price.

Be sure to make reservations! You can arrive up to a 1/2 hour before your reservation time and spend the waiting time on the observation deck above the restaurant. There are some really interesting facts and figures in the lounge as well.

Favorite Dish: Barbequed shrimp, ahi tuna, blue cheese crusted steak

• UKDaisy's Profile Photo

Space Needle - SkyCity: Save on the admission fee

by UKDaisy Updated Mar 5, 2007

If you dine at the SkyCity Restaurant at the top of the Space Needle, you will receive complimentary elevator ride (with a minimum restaurant purchase of $20). Normal admission to the observation deck costs $14.

We chose the crab cakes and coconut prawns. The food was good, and very filling. And the hazelnut oil provided as a bread dip was so yummy! Much nicer than olive oil!

It takes 47 minutes for one complete revolution of the restaurant. Take as many photos from the restaurant as you can, as the view is better here than on the observation deck (especially when it's raining!)

Reservations recommended. Obviously try booking on a clear weather day (and bring a camera)

• Space Needle: Romance at the top of the world

by kcbrit Written Sep 25, 2005

My boyfriend and I had a really nice dinner at this restaurant that is at the top of the Space Needle. The food was wonderful, as was the service in a cool retro setting. Even for the height fearful this is a worthwhile thing to do. However, it is pricey.

• zizquark's Profile Photo

Sky City is the revolving...

by zizquark Written Aug 25, 2002

Sky City is the revolving restaurant atop the sEattle Space needle. Here a kid was enjoying his first ice cream in a bowl of dry ice. With the fog flowing all over the table he was thrilled. The food at Sky City was excellent. I had the seared ahi tuna and it was the best fish preparation i ever had. The fish looked fleshy pink on the inside but was warm and the taste was more like filet mignon than tuna. Delicious.

• slabeaume's Profile Photo

A dinner in the revolving...

by slabeaume Written Aug 26, 2002

A dinner in the revolving restaurant in the Space Needle overlooking Seattle is a dinner not to forget!
    The restaurant rotates once each hour and is 500 feet in the air.

Favorite Dish: I enjoyed the blackened steak.

• zizquark's Profile Photo

Sky city restaurant at the...

by zizquark Written Aug 25, 2002

Sky city restaurant at the Space needle. Sorry the picture is so dark The food and view is excellent.

• Space Needle: Beautiful View

by jbeltran Written Nov 16, 2003

The food is great. It is an experience. Diners can enjoy the beautiful view of Seattle and Puget Sound when it rotates 360 degrees.

Instant Answers: Seattle

Comments

Hotels Near Space Needle
4.0 out of 5 stars