Stores, Malls or Markets in Seattle

Most Viewed Shopping in Seattle

Fran's Chocolates: Chocolate!

by GracesTrips Written Aug 20, 2012

Had to check it out. Now, it's really not fair for me to judge chocolate because I've had the privilege to have tasted some amazing chocolates from France, England & Germany. Fran's had some good chocolate but not amazing. It was a little too sweet for my liking. But, definitely better than See's or Godiva.

A beautiful showroom looks like a jewelry store!

• GracesTrips's Profile Photo

Daiso Japan: All Things Japanese!

by GracesTrips Written Aug 16, 2012

OMG! We have Marukai stores in California but when my gyoza sandwich maker broke, I couldn't find a replacement. Ta-dah! They had it for $1.50! I should have bought a few more but I already bought lots of others things and wondered how I get everything home.

What a great store. They had everything from kitchen gadgets to tea, origami paper, fans, small dishes, so much stuff!

Penzey's Spices: Spices!

by GracesTrips Written Aug 16, 2012

We happen to be making our way to the monorail at Westlake Center and see this store! Oh, I know I would find something I need in this store! They did have some commonly found spices but some that are hard for me to come by. I bought some marjoram, white ground pepper and really hot chili flakes (for my boyfriend). I would have bought more but I brought a small suitcase (darn!).

• GracesTrips's Profile Photo

Agate Designs: Fossils, Rocks, Petrified Wood!

by GracesTrips Written Aug 16, 2012

It's not like we are collectors but we do have a few things that are pretty cool like a meteorite and a mosasaur teeth preserved in stone. So, I never get tired of looking for something worth buying that might be hard to come by. I'm fascinated by trilobites. This store had some large pieces of petrified wood that could be used as a side table or display stand. Extremely, heavy because essentially they have turned to stone but still look like wood! Lotsa fun to check out!

• Archeology

• GracesTrips's Profile Photo

Fireworks Gallery: Quality Knick Knacks and More!

by GracesTrips Written Aug 16, 2012

I loved shopping in this store on my first visit to Seattle and, once again, on my second visit. Still located in Pioneer Square and they have a store at the Westlake Center, as well. Let's see, I don't know where to start - they sell, soap, jewelry, books, hair accessories, purses, wallets, holiday - seasonal gifts, scarves, cooking gadgets, tech gear and much more! On this trip, I bought some shea butter soaps and a bangle bracelets. A similar bracelet I saw at Nordstroms was $98.00, I bought these for $38.00!

Glasshouse Studio: Glass Shop

by GracesTrips Written Aug 16, 2012

If you like Dale Chihuly, you will love this store! Very reasonably prices, they actually blow glass there at the store. Since we moved into our home two years ago, we have been searching for the right light fixtures (two) to replace the ones that came with the house. Since we have 25' ceilings, we wanted a dramatic fixture for our entry way and family room. Most of what we have seen has been super expensive.

Voila! We found the perfect fixture here! Nine bullet shaped pendants with greens, purple, a bit of yellow and brown swirls. We will stagger them in the entry way and it should look very dramatic.

Other items in the store that looked beautiful are the vases and bowls. There is even glass jewelry. Something for everyone!

• joiwatani's Profile Photo

Pacific Place at Westlake Center: Shopping at the Pacific Place

by joiwatani Written Jun 7, 2012

My sister and her daughter (my niece) and I went to the Pacific Place to check out the deals at the Bebe Store. I am an avid fan of Bebe products and luckily I found myself buying earrings for $7.00! The original price was more than that because I had a 50 percent off and then another 40 percent off from the original price...

Also, there are places to sit down here if you are not fond of shopping. This is the coolest place to relax and window shop, too. I cannot think of another place where you can stop and rest that is free!

We also checked out some stores, walked around and voila, the place to use a bathroom while walking around the Westlake Center.

(P.S. If you are with children, this is the place to use the bathroom and eat food, too...)

What to buy: The Pacific Place have many stores ranging from Bebe, Tiffany, Coach, etc. Mostly, signature stuffs...

What to pay: Depends on what you are looking for

My sister and I showing off new pair of earrings! My sister and niece at the Westlake Center

• Sunshine64's Profile Photo

ExOfficio: Great Place for Travel Clothes

by Sunshine64 Written Dec 4, 2011

If you're a seasoned (or unseasoned) traveler you've no doubt bought or at least heard of ExOfficio. They make great travel clothes and are featured in Travel catalogs and outdoor stores. Well, they're headquartered in Seattle and have 3 retails stores in the area (plus one at JFK in NY).

The store in Belltown - walking distance from Pike Place Market - is definitely worth a visit. Along with the regular retail items, the Belltown store has the big clearance section.

What to buy: All kinds of clothing for travel and outdoor activities: pants, shirts, dresses, fleeces, jackets, sweaters, socks, hats scarves, etc. Plus their world-renown quick dry underwear.

They have some guide books and accessories, as well, but clothing is the focus.

What to pay: In the clearance section I bought an $80 fleece for $39.

• staindesign's Profile Photo

World Spice Merchants: Spice Market in Seattle

by staindesign Written Nov 14, 2011

When you walk into this shop you are greeted with the smells of the world! It is amazing! Every spice you have or have not heard of in your life lines the shelves. The staff are completely helpful and brilliant! It has a bit of an old fashion feel, which I thought was special to the experience. You choose the spices, teas, and herbs as well as the amounts desired, then you take your list to the counter and they fill your order.

What to buy: I recommend their flake salts, which are tasty on salads. Or the Cuban spice rub. Or smoked paprika. You can't go wrong with anything!

What to pay: The prices range by rarity of the spice. But I'd say the average is $2 per oz.

• joiwatani's Profile Photo

Space Needle Gift Shop: The gift shop at the Space Needle

by joiwatani Updated Oct 7, 2011

There are really nice gift shops that you can buy at the Space Needle. Not only you can find t-shirts (the famous Sleepless Seattle t-shirt, Seattle, Washington, Mariners) but you can also find nice arts and crafts made by local artists.

I have found nice potteries there and bought some tile pottery with a Seattle name in front of it. I bought two of these and I hanged them at home. They also sell hand-blown glasses that are so popular in Seattle because the original artist, Chihully is from Seattle!

The regular key chains, mugs, refrigerator magnets, postcards, cups, plates, etc. are also many here. You can also find them at the top of the Space Needle. (But, you have to pay $16.00 to go to the view deck).

You can browse different kinds of arts here. You can find really beautiful original pieces of artwork that you can truly appreciate. You can buy them as gifts to your friends back home!

What to buy: Gifts like t-shirts, mementoes and Arts and Crafts

What to pay: $4.99 for keychains and refrigerator magnets, $7.99 for the tile artwork and t-shirts varies in prices.

• Jefie's Profile Photo

Theo Chocolate: Delicious chocolate in Fremont

by Jefie Updated Nov 11, 2010

Besides all the funky urban art, one thing I didn't want to miss in Fremont was Theo Chocolate. This chocolate factory is first and foremost proud to be the only fair-trade organic chocolate factory in the United States. But Theo is much more than just a nice philosophy - they actually make amazing chocolate! And when you visit their store in Fremont, you get to sample every single one of their creations. Their classic and fantasy flavor collections of chocolate bars are great - I especially liked their spicy chile dark chocolate bar and their chai tea and coconut curry milk chocolate bars. After carefully sampling each flavour, we ended up buying four chocolate bars - and now that their Christmas collection is out, I think I might even order some more online!

Theo Chocolate is open daily from 10:00 am to 6:00 pm. Factory tours are also offered, check out the Website for more details.

What to pay: The classic chocolate bars cost $4 each, while the fantasy flavor ones cost $3.25 each.

Fantasy flavor samples at Theo Chocolate Classic chocolate collection at Theo's A very happy customer at Theo Chocolate

• Jefie's Profile Photo

Elliott Bay Book Company: Seattle's biggest independent bookstore

by Jefie Written Nov 11, 2010

Even though it's not as big as Portland's Powell's Books, I must say that I had just as much fun shopping at Seattle's Elliott Bay Book Company. This bookstore originally opened in the Pioneer Square area back in 1973, but it has recently moved to the more lively Capital Hill area. The new store is pretty big, and with its wooden bookshelves, floors and ceilings, it offers the kind of cozy book warehouse atmosphere that is absolutely perfect for book shopping! Of course they offer a huge selection of books, along with really good staff recommendations, frequent author readings and book club meetings. Since I've made the resolution never to buy books at full price, I headed for their discount section and found so many good deals, I left with a bag full of classic and contemporary novels. It truly is a must-see attraction for book lovers in Seattle!

Elliott Bay Book Company in Seattle

• goodfish's Profile Photo

Various: Art of the Pacific Northwest

by goodfish Written Mar 29, 2010

We don't shop much on vacation but when we do we prefer items that are unique to a city or region, In Seattle, you'll see numerous shops and galleries that specialize in beautiful crafts by the Pacific Northwest's tribal peoples. Ranging from drums, totems, masks, plaques, jewelry and baskets, and priced from $50 to many thousands, you can't go wrong with an authentic work of art from a reputable source. My one word of caution would be making SURE your chosen treasure is the real deal and not a knock-off. Don't buy from cluttered shops with large inventories of tacky tchotchkes or from anyone who can't tell you much about your piece. A reputable dealer will be able to tell you about the artist, which tribe he/she is from, the medium used and provide a certificate of authenticity - even a printed bio about the artist. The piece should also be signed and if the price seems too good to be believed, it probably is.

One of shops we enjoyed was Northwest Tribal Art in a quieter corner of Pike Place. During the course of our browse, the dealer noticed our interest in certain pieces and gave us lots of background about those particular artists, how long he'd been working with them and lots of other insights that gave credibility to the merchandise. I'll always encourage shopping around but will include their website as they have a nice variety of pieces, backgrounds on their artists and some really interesting information about the symbolism and materials used by the various indigenous cultures: a good opportunity to learn a little before you go shopping!

Tribal craft, Seattle Masks, Seattle Art Museum shop

• goodfish's Profile Photo

Seattle Museum of Art SAM Shop: Art for All

by goodfish Updated Mar 7, 2010

We didn't make it to the exhibits at the Seattle Museum of Art 'cause it was just too nice outside to fritter away time inside but we did stop for a quick browse of the museum's store. I like museum shops as the quality of the products is always high and you can find truly unique or hand-crafted treasures far better than tacky tourist tchotchkes. This shop is no exception. Here you'll find books, clothing, toys, glassware, jewelry and a nice selection of Native American crafts created by regional artisans. Prices range from a little to a lot but this is good stuff. If nothing else, give it a spin to admire the goods.

Open Wed - Sunday, roughly 10:00AM - 5:00 PM, evening hours on Thursday and Fridays.

SAM Shop, Downtown Seattle A glass of glasses, SAM Shop Local craft, SAM Shop Wall of glass, SAM Shop
    • Museum Visits

• richiecdisc's Profile Photo

BottleWorks: the premier beer retail outlet in Seattle

by richiecdisc Written Nov 9, 2009

Bottleworks is the premier beer specialty retail outlet in town. This is no mega store but rather a small locally run shop run by people who know and obviously love beer. Though it is not particularly large, they do have a well thought out selection of largely domestic beers though expect to find a fair selection of Belgians as well. The store is well laid out and beers are easy to find. The people in the store are not pushy but certainly very willing to help you out in your selection. You can tell they have actually drank most of the beers in the store and make no pretence whether they liked a beer or not. I didn't always agree with their recommendations but I think they were honest and a reflection of what they liked.

If you have read my many brewpub tips on this page, you might wonder how I could possibly need to get even more beer, right? Well, not all craft beers are available in brewpubs. Some micros just bottle their stuff and others are in towns we did not get to. We also had a few nights when we hung out at out friends' house and I wanted to drink some local beers with them too.

Here's some I found: 1) St. Wilbur Weizen-Bayern Brewing, Missoula, MT-Honey hued w/rocky head. Nice banana clove overtone, in the Bavarian style. Not cloying and fairly clean finish. One of the better US Bavarian style weizens though lacks yeasty flavor you would expect. 2) Bayern Pilsner-A bit dark for a pils but nice fluffy head and citrusy nose. Bitter palate and clean dry finish.

What to buy: 3) Schwarzbier-Baron Brewing, Seattle-Darn brown w/ little head. Fair roasty Germanic dunkles. Nothing amazing but not bad. 4) Rauchbier-Baron Brewing-Mostly malty brew that loses its head immediately. Light smokey flavor is the only thing that makes it remotely interesting. Bland. 5) Über Weisse-Baron Brewing-8.5%-Deep garnet w/dense tan head. Dried fruit and some roasty malt but odd bitterness mars the overall impression. Better than other two Baron beers but not what I had hoped for in the brewery. 6) Dick's Hefeweizen(4%)-Centralia, WA-Looks more like a dunkleweizen but does exhibit yeasty profile typical of a weizen though lacking any fruity quality. An odd bitterness mars the overall flavor. 7) Dick's Cream Stout (4.5%)-Black w/ tan head & slight coffee nose. Bitter coffee palate w/ some chocolate. Uneven finish mars overall impression. 8) Dick's Imperial Stout (7.5%)-Black w/ fluffy head. A bit thin and simple for the style but the best of Dick's lot. 9) Dogzilla Black IPA-Laughing Dog, Sandpoint, ID-Darn brown with reddish hightlights and fluffy tan head. Dry hoppy palate w/ some roasty bitterness to boot. It's a shame they skimped on the malt for what otherwise would be a more memorable beer. 10) Moylan's Ran Sullivan Imperial Stout (10%)-Novato, CA-Black w/ garnet highlights & dense tan head. Dried fruit nose & palate that dries incredibly in the dry bitter finish. Best beer of this lot.

It seems I picked more losers than normal but Germanic beers are tough to replicate and the beers of Baron Brewing in Seattle were a major disappointment. Dick's also contributed quite a few bad beers. I'll not be buying anything from either brewery for a long time. You live and you learn. In this case, you taste and you learn. ;)

What to pay: Craft beers are not cheap, running close to $10 for a six-pack. 22 oz bottles go for $5-10 though special beers and some that are aged can be appreciably more.

ah, if only beer stores were this big
    • Photography

Silver Cloud Inn Lake Union
Marriott Seattle Waterfront
Renaissance Seattle Hotel

Instant Answers: Seattle

Comments

Seattle Shopping

Travel tips and advice posted by real travelers and Seattle locals.
Map of Seattle