Know about this?
Geese! Well, the geese...
Geese! Well, the geese themselves are not the problem... it's what they leave behind. Seattle is home to a very large transient population of Canada geese, which flock to freshwater lakes. In season, popular lakeshore areas such as Green Lake and Madison Beach Park are covered in -- well, you know. Although some local agencies have started taking steps to eliminate the geese, there are still plenty of them around.
So, watch your step and avoid swimming wherever you see a lot of goose poop.
Hey Seattle has all the usual...
Hey Seattle has all the usual crime dangers of a big city.
-But watch out for pigeons! they are everywhere and I got bopped in the face a couple of times just walking around :(
- Save up to 50% on hotels.
- Hotwire.com Hotwire: Get a 4-star hotel for a 2-star price.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
Seattle Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Dangerous Areas
- Columbia Warnings and Dangers
- Acapulco Warnings and Dangers
- Alexandria Warnings and Dangers
- Cape Town Warnings and Dangers
- Brunei Warnings and Dangers
- Monterrey Warnings and Dangers
- Portugal Warnings and Dangers
- Victoria Falls Warnings and Dangers
- Sint Maarten Warnings and Dangers
- Belize City Warnings and Dangers