Skykomish Warnings and Dangers

Most Recent Warnings and Dangers in Skykomish

• Elli99fh's Profile Photo

Bring snacks!

by Elli99fh Written Jan 26, 2004

Skykomish at night. You're hungry. The restaurant at the Cascadia Hotel is closed. Indefinitely. The Whistling Post is open, but the person who makes the fried chicken isn't there. You now have the choice of a) the mini mart at the Chevron across the bridge, b) driving down the mountain for half an hour or more till you get to a restuarant or grocery store that is open, or c) driving up to Steven's Pass ski area and hitting the cafeteria.

• Elli99fh's Profile Photo

Beware of the Train!

by Elli99fh Written Jan 26, 2004

There is a train track that goes through town, which is not really the danger. We were staying at the Cascadia and the train whistle scared the **** out of me when it woke me in the middle of the night. I was sleeping so well I thought I was at home, where there are no trains, and I didn't know what the heck it was until I woke up a little. But it is not really a drawback -- if you expect that a train may go by then it is not disruptive; it is actually kind of cool. More local flavor.

Instant Answers: Skykomish

Comments

Skykomish Warnings and Dangers

Reviews and photos of Skykomish warnings and dangers posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Skykomish sightseeing.