Yakima Nightlife

• yooperprof's Profile Photo

Bert Grant's: Local Microbrew with National Reputation

by yooperprof Updated Mar 24, 2004

It's good for what ales you

Grant's makes some fine beers, but I think there are better microbreweries in the Pacific Northwest. (Check out the DesChutes brewery in Bend OR.) I am not completely enamoured of the range of beers that Grant's brews. Some of them just don't seem very palatable to me - of course, I'm just one beer drinker. I do like their I.P.A., and their has some very good nights, but I've never been fond of the Hefeweissen they make, and their new Mandarin variety just tastes bizarre to me. But try it for yourself.

• Beer Tasting

• yooperprof's Profile Photo

Bob's Keg and Cork: Meet Yakima's Hipsters Here

by yooperprof Written Mar 23, 2004

home-spun charm?

Bob's Keg and Cork is a wonderful Wine Bar and Beer Pub in downtown Yakima. Their selection of locally produced beverages is very impressive. After all, the Yakima Valley is both a significant wine-producing region, AND one of the most bountiful and blessed hop producing areas in the entire world. The atmosphere inside Bob's is convivial and instantly attractive; and there is occasionally live jazz to accompany your enjoyment of great beers and wines. I recommend the great Mirror Pond Ale - everything a great beer should be.

• Wine Tasting
    • Beer Tasting

Instant Answers: Yakima

Comments

Yakima Nightlife

Reviews and photos of Yakima nightlife posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Yakima sightseeing.