Charleston Restaurants

Chuck E. Cheese in Charleston, WV

Most Recent Restaurants in Charleston

Olive Garden: Olive Garden

by butterflykizzez04 Written Feb 3, 2014

Great food at a Great Price !!
    I used to be a big fan of " Olive Garden" but not so much anymore...but Noelle (my lovely daughter) loves it..so we go!!! I love their Salad with the Italian dressing (house blend) with black olives and peppers...and they add the grated cheese freshly grated to your cheese happiness level!!!!

Also they give you about 5 garlic bread sticks and you can get more!!! They used to come around with a basket and serve the refills but not any longer ( I like the basket days..bring them back)) I always order the Alfredo Sauce on the side to dip our bread sticks into..It makes the meal and I could eat just the bread and salad alone and be very full and be very happy!!! I love their Iced Tea (unsweetened with lemon and lime) and Noelle gets the Raspberry Lemonade

Now she has her usual...Chicken Alfredo and I usually try something new each time and this time I went with the New Lasagna Primavera with Veggie filling ...it gave me heartburn but that was my own fault..I know that tomato based sauces do that too me but I wanted to try it..next time...Alfredo sauce...It also had some chunks of Chicken on top and really cheese with my level of extra cheese happiness freshly grated !!!

I am giving them a five.!!! The food was good, I am just not a big Olive Garden fan...the decorations are lovely. They greeted and seated us immediately and for a Saturday afternoon, it wasn't that bad..and our waitress was very friendly and fast!!!
    I would recommend this chain restaurant...my only complaint is that its like a semi-fast food ((( cookie cutter format))) but most chain locations are that way!!!

• Wine Tasting

• mikelisaanna's Profile Photo

Little India: Good Indian Food in West Virginia

by mikelisaanna Written Jun 3, 2011

Little India serves good Indian Food, which is not a commonly available dining option in West Virginia. It has a buffet for lunch and menu for dinner.

We decided to meet some friends for a meal there during a recent visit after hearing two different families rave about the restaurant. We were there for the buffet, which offered a good mix of meat and vegetarian dishes, with a variety of spice levels ranging from mild to hot. We enjoyed our meals. I had chicken masala and tandoori chicken, along with salad, rice, and naan bread. All were good.

The restaurant is very family friendly, however there is no kids menu during the buffet meals. Our 10-year old still managed to find plenty of food that she liked.

Little India is located in an old firehouse located one block from the state capitol. The restaurant's most interesting feature is a stained glass mural on its back wall. It apparently dates from a previous restaurant that was located in the space, but the theme still fits with the Indian theme.

(photos to come)

Quaker Steak and Lube: New restaurant in Charleston

by butterflykizzez04 Written Apr 16, 2006

Quaker Steak and Lube in Charleston

This is a lovely restaurant. The inside looks like the pits of one of the NASCAR racers. The food is a typical man's fare: Hot Wings and beer..the wings comes in many different hot flavors. There are also lots of different sandwiches and burgers. They also offer fries and onion rings.. the onion rings they serve on an "antenna" and they are lined up vertically on the antenna rod. very unique..

The inside is all cars, car parts, black and white checkered floors, signs and flashing lights..a great place for the guys in your life..MUSIC very LOUD !!!!

Favorite Dish: I had a steak sandwich with fries. They didn't really offer my usual eats, but the food was good. Slightly overpriced for my budget, and I don't believe I will go back there..
    I paid over $10 for the sandwich and fries with an unsweetened Iced Tea...I definitely would have rather ate somewhere else..

Chuck E. Cheese Pizza and Games: Kids Love Chucky Cheese

Chuck E. Cheese in Charleston, WV

My kids love to go here. They can play games and dance around, scream and shout and it is all in FUN!!!

Located right beside TOYS R'US...so you can make a whole day just for the KIDS!!!

They have many games which gives coupons/tickets that you can exchange for toys and such..You can buy tokens for extra fee. You can get tokens with your food purchases. You can take in the kids report cards and get extra tokens also.

I personally go to SHOE CARNIVAL and they have a machine for a quarter that gives you 10 tokesn for Chuck E. Cheese. Plus the local paper sometimes have coupons specials that help you out with the prices and the extra tokens. We try to go at least once a month.

Favorite Dish: I usually purchase a large pizza half everything and half pepperoni/cheese. Then we get four drinks and i use a coupon that cost me $19.99 and i also get 50 tokens for the kids..a great bargain.

Logan's Roadhouse: Logan's Roadhouse Steakhouse

Tiffany (blue) Noel (pink) at Logan's Roadhouse

I have only been to this restaurant once with my daughter Noel and my niece, Tiffany. They are both 10 yrs old. We just loved this restaurant. It was decorated lovely..lots of neon lights and heavy wooden tables and booths.. they give you a bucket of peanuts...which the girls loved.

They give you not only the bucket of peanuts but also a basket of great dinner rolls with ample sweet butter,,they are very good

I have to admit, our waitress wasn't very good. But, that is not the restaurant's fault. I still recommend the restaurant the food was awesome..

Favorite Dish: The girls got their standard fare of child's meal of fries and chicken tenders. They loved them.. They also drank mountain dew and the meal was $4.50 each including the drinks.

I got a great 9oz Sirlion steak with baked potatoe and salad for only $9.99 and then my unsweetened ice tea was extra. The food was prepared terrific..no complaints..
    I can't wait to go back again..

• butterflykizzez04's Profile Photo

Texas Steakhouse: Don't miss "TEXAS"

Larry and Noel at Texas Steakhouse

This is one of our absolute favorite restaurants. We have two in Charleston, and the original one is about four years old while the one in Kanawha City is about 1 1/2 yrs old.

They are both decorated with mounded animal heads, like deers and buffalos. There are lots of photos around, very western looking. It has soft lighting with alot of natural light from the windows with dark wood booths and tables..very heavy tables..

They give you these awesome dinner rolls with ample sweet honey butter, and if you finish the rolls they will bring you more...no extra charge. My kids love them..they are very good!!!

There used to be alot of metal licenses tags from around the USA but they took them down..
    it is very nice and they have a full stocked bar.

Favorite Dish: I love to get their Onion Soup and Ceasar Salad combo. It is very good and cost only $6.49 plus drink. I usually drink unsweetened iced tea with lemon.

Now if I am very hungry then I go with either the Steak or Chicken Skillet meal. It is chunks of steak or chicken grilled with onions, cherry tomatoes, green peppers and whole mushrooms...sooooo very good. The aroma is to die for and it comes to the table sizzling hot..I mean sizzling...It is soo good. It cost $7.99 for chicken and $8.99 for steak plus drink.

You have to try it!!!!

Benningan's Restaurant: Benningan's Restaurant

by butterflykizzez04 Written Apr 5, 2006

Bennigan's Restaurant in the Town Center Mall

Bennigan's Restaurant is located inside the Town Center Mall in Charleston. It is my favorite place to eat. I go there sometimes 3-4 times a month. I enjoy meeting my friends there for dinner or drinks, and I enjoy taking my children there for lunches while shopping in the mall.
    The restaurant offers cafe style seating if you enjoy sitting out in the mall area, but I prefer to be inside. The lighting is dimmed for a soothing feel. The insides are dark paneled wood walls, brass fixtures, lots of mirrors and green is the main color (due to Irish theme).
    There is plenty of lighting though so you are not sitting in the dark.

My 10 yr old loves this restaurant. I also brought my mother-in-law here to dine once, she had never been in a (fancy) restaurant as she calls it.. we enjoy ourselves at Bennigan's...we know most of the wait staff by name.
    Clifford is our favorite, so if you get a chance to enjoy the dining experience, ask if he is working and if you can sit in his area..He is a fine person and will treat you right. He loves the kids also, and gives them "extra" cookies at the end of their meals.

This restaurant is located directly across from the Charleston Civic Center, so if you're going for a concert, game or show, then stop in before or after at Bennigan's..They offer a full bar serve also with many traditional and tropical drinks. (alcoholic and non)

Favorite Dish: I have many favorited dishes at Bennigan's..so I am going to name three...lol
    My all time favorite is: Soup and salad combo...I am constantly on a diet and this suits my mood well many times. I get the side Ceasar with Ceasar dressing and the Onion Soup. The Onion Soup is too die for..It is perfect..I actually can't find anywhere that makes Onion Soup this well...but you must love Onion Soup. My daughter Noel prefers the Baked Potato and Cheddar soup which is delicious also...you must try them both. This meal usually runs $6.49 plus drink.

My second favorite; if I am feeling alittle more hungry than the normal is the pick two or three combos;
    you have your choices from (8) different items but I usually only pick the same two (2)..the ultimate nachos and the boneless buffalo wings. They give you a generous portion and I can never eat my entire meal. The Nachos are smoothered with cheese, beef, beans and jalapeno peppers, they give you sour cream and guaq (if you choose) and I always ask for some pico sauce on the side (very hot)..with the Wings you get about 6-8 of them and they give you either Ranch or Bleu Cheese for dipping..then of course some Celery sticks to top it off...I get the Bleu Cheese personally...I love this combo meal. This meal usually runs $6.99 plus drink

My third favorite is when I am very hungry...I get the combo Beef and Chicken Fajita combo..it is awesome...they bring you out a huge portion of steaming meats with onions, green and red peppers that have been all saute together in a terrific tex-mex seasoning..then on another platter they bring you the sides of cheese, guaq, sour cream, tomatoes and lettuce and then the tortilla shells in a covered dish...The smell alone makes you swoon...I love this but I can never eat it all. This meal runs about $10.99 plus drinks.

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

Fifth Quarter: Near the Convention Center

by grandmaR Updated Mar 21, 2006

Salad Bar

We walked across the bridge from the Hampton Inn to eat here. It is across the street from another restaurant

Favorite Dish: The salad bar would have been an option, but we both had steak. I had a dessert - apple crunch - pictured.

• Seniors

• Stephen-KarenConn's Profile Photo

Mykonos Cafe: Authentic Greek Lunch Buffet

by Stephen-KarenConn Updated Jul 22, 2005

Mykonos Cafe

It was lunchtime and I was walking down Charleston's Capitol Street when the steaming pans of chicken, beef and vegetables in the window at Mykonos Cafe grabbed my eye. I went in and enjoyed the lunch buffet special. The food was abundant and tasty, however the service was somewhat lacking. After my server took my order for the buffet, I did not see her again until, with much difficulty, I flagged her down toward the end of my meal to get my iced tea, which she had forgotten. I needed the drink at least 20 minutes earlier, and getting a refill was equally as difficult. Fortunately I was able to serve myself the food.

• Stephen-KarenConn's Profile Photo

Soho's Italian Restaurant: Real Italian Food

by Stephen-KarenConn Updated Jul 13, 2005

Enjoying Dinner at Soho's

For my dinner in Charleston I chose Soho's Italian Restaurant, located in the Capitol Market. It was a busy but friendly place, obviously popular with locals as well as tourists. I enjoyed the atmosphere, being surrounded by big bright windows and lots of greenery. I wish I could have been there for the live jazz on Friday evenings.

Soho's is open for lunch and dinner daily.

Favorite Dish: Since I was in a real Italian restaurant I decided to try the real Italian pizza (Pepperoni & Salsiccia with tomatoes, mozzarella and Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese and spices, thin crusted and fried in a stone oven). It was definitely a couple of notches above franchise pizza. The hot-from-the-oven homemade bread was also wonderful - and I'm not a big bread eater.

• Valhalla11's Profile Photo

BUS STATION GRILL: Situated...

by Valhalla11 Written Aug 25, 2002

BUS STATION GRILL: Situated downtown, the Bus Station Grill has two old London buses that have been transformed into eating areas. You can actually sit on the top deck and eat your meal while watching the world go by!

Favorite Dish: I had Kensington Kebabs (basically a chicken kebab) with baked potato and julienne vegetables. My only complaint was the size of the portions. In contrast the salad that started the main course was quite large.

I also started with a bowl of tomato soup which tasted great but again was lacking in portion.

A meal for two with three alcoholic beverages came to $50.77.

• Chef Dan's, An American Eatery...

by tb55 Written Aug 24, 2002

Chef Dan's, An American Eatery
    Chef Dan Ferguson is one of a handful of certified executive chefs in West Virginia. The place is small, seating only about 50. But the service is generally top notch.

Favorite Dish: The focaccia, an Italian hearth bread that comes in seven flavors, including artichoke or portabella mushroom or Tex-Mex. Also, the place offers 20 variations of pasta dishes. The most expensive item, a gourmet pizza, is only $12.

• Lowery's - Otis Lowery is a...

by JPWV Written Aug 24, 2002

Lowery's - Otis Lowery is a very good chef. Pricey;

Tarragon Room - Marriott Hotel - excellent food a little stuffy atmosphere but great service. Pricey;

Chef Dan's - great variety of well prepared pastas, sandwiches and pizzas. Unique combinations...very good quality.;

Blossom Dairy - Very good lunch or dinner menu. Some unique offerings many quite healthy.

• davecallahan's Profile Photo

McDonalds Restaurant: quick bite to eat

by davecallahan Updated Oct 11, 2008

Golden Arches of Mickey D

Stopped in for a coke, a coffee, some french fries and a hot applepie.... to go.

Fast Food, cheap price, wash hands, use restrooms. and we were back on the road again.

Instant Answers: Charleston

Comments

Charleston Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Charleston restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Charleston sightseeing.