Charleston Shopping

Most Recent Shopping in Charleston

• butterflykizzez04's Profile Photo

Gabriel Brothers: Gabriel Brothers

by butterflykizzez04 Written Feb 3, 2014

I am from Charleston WV and all of my family is still there so I go home as much as possible and when I do, Noelle (my daughter) and I make a quick Bee line for Gabriel Brothers at the old Kanawha Mall location in Kanawha City, Charleston, WV...

I live in Nashville, TN and we don't have a Gabe's here, but the closest thing we have is Ross (which we both love also). I never leave Gabe's without making a purchase. This particular trip on April 21st, Noelle needed some new jeans...she found two pair she liked really well...Apple Bottoms for $16.99 and Lane Bryant Jeans for $9.99 and I also bought a few onesies and outfits for my upcoming birth of my new and only grand daughter ...all in all about five outfits for her...everything totalled less than $50...plus they have a points card where you can earn points towards discounts for future purchases...
    I love this store!!!!

• davecallahan's Profile Photo

The Purple Moon: old stuff....

by davecallahan Updated Mar 15, 2007

We stopped in looking for antiques and instead found a retro furniture store.

If you are into chrome and glass, leather and suede, spindle legs on all your furniture;
    If you like sunbust clocks and colored glass and decoupage lampshades or globe lights.
    If all that sounds great then come here to shop.

It wasn't our cup of tea so we told the staff that we were "just looking" and spent a polite 10 minutes browsing and went on to the next place to shop.

• butterflykizzez04's Profile Photo

Charleston Town Center Mall: Shopping at the Mall

by butterflykizzez04 Written Apr 16, 2006

The center of the Atrium in the Mall!!!

This is a large 3 story mall. It was built in the summer of 1982, and has been the focal point for the shopping in Charleston. The anchor stores are Kaufmann's, JC Penney and Sears. We used to have a Montgomery Wards also but they went of business.

The are several jewelry, music and book stores...and lots of boutiques...
    My favorites are: Limited Too, The Disney Store, Waldenbooks, Claire's Boutique and DEBS..I love to shop at the mall..We recently acquired a "Build a Bear" Workshop..
    There are some great restaurants also: Benningan's, Chile's, The Outback, Tidewater Grill and others..
    Starbuck's Coffee is located on the first floor in the center of the atrium..

If you get a chance to go to the Mall while in Charleston, you should.

What to buy: Anything and Everything !!!

What to pay: As much or as little as needed!!!

Charleston Town Center: West Virginia's Premier Shopping Experience

by Stephen-KarenConn Updated Jul 14, 2005

Interior View of Charleston Town Center

Charleston Town Center, located in downtown Charleston, is one of the largest urban shopping malls in the eastern United States. It boasts more than 130 stores and restaurants on three levels, with a soaring atrium, greenery, and fountains. It is as pleasant a shopping venue as I could ever want, but then I don't especially enjoy shopping.

What to buy: I found the Charleston Town Center an excellent spot for a late afternoon rest during my 12 hour day in downtown Charleston. I ordered a chocolate nut sundae and sat at one of the tables in the food court to enjoy it while I read some travel brochures I had picked up from the library.

Hours
    Daily 10:00 am -9:00 pm
    Sunday 12:30 pm - 6:00 pm

What to pay: Mall prices.

The Peanut Shoppe: Great for a Mid-morning Snack

by Stephen-KarenConn Updated Jul 12, 2005

The Peanut Shoppe

While strolling along Capitol Street I found myself being drawn by an irresistable force (or perhaps a rich aroma) into this old-fashioned peanut shop. Karen wasn't with me on this particular trip, so there was nothing to help me overcome my overpowering weakness for peanuts - especially when they're covered in chocolate.

I talked with Debbie at the front counter and learned that she and her elderly mother run the shop. The business was founded by Debbie's father in 1950, as a Planters Peanut Shop, and is still owned and operated by the same family more than half a century later. If I lived in Charleston this is one great downtown tradition that I would support with my business at every opportunity.

What to buy: The double-dipped chocolate covered peanuts are to-die-for.

What to pay: Peanuts.

Capitol Market: A Fabulous Downtown Farmer's Market

by Stephen-KarenConn Written Jul 12, 2005

Charleston's Capitol Market

Located in the old downtown railroad station, Capitol Market was a delight to explore. I was there in early spring and the #1 item for sale was plants: hanging baskets, bedding plants, flowers of every type and color in profusion. There's lots more here from produce, fresh seafood, unique books, fine wines and baked goodies. There is also a very good Italian restaurant at the market where I enjoyed dinner (see my restaurant tip).

The market is open year round.

Instant Answers: Charleston

Comments

Charleston Shopping

Reviews and photos of Charleston shopping posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Charleston sightseeing.