Cross Lanes Travel Guide

Cross Lanes Hotels

Cross Lanes Restaurants

• butterflykizzez04's Profile Photo

by butterflykizzez04 Updated Feb 3, 2014

We went to lunch at Buffalo Wild Wings in Cross Lanes, WV while home on vacation with my kids, Noelle Teel, Joshua Hunt and Noki's birthday Adam McCafferty. We had a nice lunch. I have never been to this location and we enjoy their food and the Buzztime Trivia Game..
    Joshua ordered the Garlicy Mushrooms and 5pk of Parmesan Garlic Wings with a soda to drink. He loves that sauce, he always has to leave with a take home bottle for later..Adam had never been there before so he opted for the Build you own burger with Peper Jack Cheese and Potato Wedges.. Noelle and I opted to share the Sampler Appetizer Platter with Nachos, Wings, Onion Rings and Boneless Wings..we went for the Thai sauce..it was pretty good!!
    I had soda, while Noelle had Lemonade and Adam opted for water.
    We enjoyed our food. Our waitress was Sarah and she was wonderful. Very prompt to check on us, bring refills and extra napkins without even asking. I would enjoy going back to this location again!!

I recommend to everyone. This is actually a sort of larger location..which is always nice!!!

• Beer Tasting

Cross Lanes Sports & Outdoors

• davecallahan's Profile Photo

by davecallahan Updated Nov 9, 2007

This is a surprisingly difficult course. It is old mining country and the course is up and down (cart is really needed unless you are very fit).

Over the years this course has been an on-again, off-again venue depending on how well they were maintaining it. For the last five years (2006), the management has done a great job at manicuring the bent grass fairways and greens. It is a pleasure to play here when it is maintained. You get a good challenge and some great scenery too.

The course is tight fairways and well-guarded greens with hazards just around the corner. The doglegs I find difficult because they really do require fairly long and accurate shots. Long I can do; accurate is often beyond my control. Four holes have significant water on the approaches. Several holes have either raised greens or raised tees, so club selection can be a bit iffy. Overall it is a fairly difficult course if you take it too seriously. I tend to be a happy-go-lucky duffer who just enjoys his exercise in fresh air.

The tees range from a nice 5000 yards to a more grueling 6700 yards.

$30 gets you 18 holes and a cart.
    $6 gets you a bucket of balls on the practice tees.

They have a snack shack where you can get some sandwiches and chicken fingers and a cold drink.
    The pro shop has all the equipment you might need (at cost) if you forgot yours. You can also get some pointers about the course from the resident pro and other golfers there.

You are advised to call for tee times, especially on the weekends, or be prepared to wait in line.

• Golf

Instant Answers: Cross Lanes

Comments

Cross Lanes Travel Guide
Map of Cross Lanes