Elkins Travel Guide

• Restaurants
  • Restaurants

Elkins Things to Do

by blueskyjohn Written Feb 24, 2013

I always take the time to watch the sunset, no matter where I am. Especially when the colors are amazing. Pictures as seen from the historic district.

• Photography

Elkins Hotels

Elkins Restaurants

by blueskyjohn Written Feb 24, 2013

Nice clean place, in the historic district. Very bright diner setting. Wait staff was efficient but not very friendly. I ordered the omelette with sausage and peppers. Very good. Eggs a little over cooked but plenty of sausage and peppers mixed in.

by blueskyjohn Written Feb 24, 2013

Located in the historic district. A very quaint cafe, nicely decorated. Fast service to take a to go order but the food did take a long time to get. A ordered a scrambled egg sandwich with ham and a little pepper. I liked that they mixed the pepper into the eggs instead of just seasoning the top.

by blueskyjohn Written Feb 23, 2013

Very casual place set up more like a diner than anything. The staff were friendly. Very bright lights throughout. I ordered the 7 oz. Filet Mignon medium rare. It comes with a salad, string beans, and choice of potato. I chose a sweet potato. The salad was really uneventful and bland. Just iceberg lettuces and for dressing I chose honey mustard which was too sweet. The steak came out and was rare. Not as tender as I expected. The string beans were not tasty and clearly from a can.

The highlight of the meal was the baked sweet potato. Perfectly cooked and comes with butter and brown sugar on the side. This was almost like a dessert, but very tasty.

For dessert I had the Kentucky Mud Pie. Mostly like a chocolate chip cookie and nuts formed into a pie. Very good as it was heated up. Would have been perfect with a scope of vanilla ice cream.

Favorite Dish: The sweet potato with the butter and brown sugar.

Elkins Warnings and Dangers

• by AFWifeMomof3 Written Jun 29, 2005

Please be careful in this area because several times at the local gas stations we were asked to leave our credit card with the attendant inside the store because the pumps did not have stop-n-pay service. The attendants told us it was to ward off drive-offs. This is a dangerous and unwise practice and I discourage anyone from doing this. I recommend cash for gas in this area.

Instant Answers: Elkins

Comments

Elkins Travel Guide
Map of Elkins