Harpers Ferry Restaurants

by mdranger

Most Recent Restaurants in Harpers Ferry

• Armory Pub: Give this place a wide berth

by Studmuffin1 Updated Apr 4, 2011

The logo of this restuarant uses the CURRENT Great Seal of the United States but uses the name, Armory Pub. There are pictures of the Great Seal of the United States, two versions, that were in use during the time that the Armory was operating, 1800-1861. They were not interested. Thus, the logo is a historical inaccuracy.

I had the Southwestern Sandwich, it was okay but the french fries were barely cooked.

• The Cannonball Deli: The Only Place To Eat In Town That I'd Recommend

by jaydock Updated Aug 10, 2009

Every time I go to Harpers Ferry I always get my meals here. The food is delicious, the prices are actually extremely reasonable and I refuse to waste my money going anywhere else. The menu includes subs, salads, pasta, pizza, gyros, and desserts. Some standouts: the Greek salad, vegetarian quesadilla, the gyros, and any of the pizzas (unless you have a seriously big appetite, split an order with someone). The menu items seem to have varying degrees of Greek influence, which for me is a plus. If you are a picky eater or have young kids with you, err on the side of caution and ask an employee about the ingredients and if needed, have them tailor the food more to your liking. They are especially generous with their (fresh!) vegetable portions, which can include green peppers, onions, black olives, tomatoes, cucumbers, etc.

A couple downsides: The seating. There are about 8 tables crammed into a very small space. On weekends during the lunchtime hours it can get insufferably crowded, especially if a large group comes in. I would recommend eating early or if it a nice day, get the food to-go and eat at the picnic tables by the river. The decor of the deli is Civil War related but nothing to write home about, if you care about that kind of thing. Also, since you have to go down a narrow set of stairs in order to get to it, it's not very convenient for baby strollers, elderly people, etc.

For me, the positives far outweigh the negatives. Until any of the other restaurant managements get it together, this would be the only place to eat a meal in the lower historic part of the town that I'd recommend.

• Greggor58's Profile Photo

The Town's Inn Pub and Eatery...: Streetside cafe...

by Greggor58 Updated Nov 1, 2007

Harper's Ferry,West Virginia,U.S.A.

The terrace is right beside the street ....pros and cons....there was a Budweiser Trailer truck parked right in front of the place on the opposite side of the street while we were there eating....so the view at the time SUKED!!

The food was ok and the woman that served us was GREAT...smiley and friendly...

Favorite Dish: I had a "potatoe" soup....and it was delicious and reasonably priced....I made the mistake of ordering one of the "specials" and quickly had eaten ENUFF!

The "special" was a bbq beef sandwich and came with fries and coleslaw!

It was all good...just tooooooo much!

• Museum Visits

• Family Inn: Terrible and Overpriced Food

by famof4 Written Oct 30, 2007

The Family Inn seems to be a new establishment. Understanding that all restaurants in Harper's Ferry are expensive, I accepted the $10.00 hamburger and $5.00 kid's meal that didn't include a drink, but thought for a really good burger it might be worth it. When the hamburger arrived in only about two minutes I was surprised. Turns out that it is apparently not really ground beef but some kind of processed meat by-product that was microwaved. For your $10 you also get potato chips (I must've been lucky and had them reach deep into the bag because I received potato crumbs, not chips) and a small wedge of a pickle.

Favorite Dish: None.

• Secret six: don't waste your time

by bluezlover Written Aug 8, 2007

$28 for a cheeseburger, ff, crabcake sandwich, salad and two iced teas? Way too much for less than average food. Cheeseburger advertised as half pound but not more than 4-5 ounces. Crabcake was all filler and cold. Waitress never checked back and waited 15 minutes for refill which was never offered with no apology. Waited another 10-15 minutes for the bill. Worst service ever. Microbrew drafts are about $5.50. If you like less than average food at bistro prices this is your place, otherwise go eat barbecue at the Little Ponderosa.

Favorite Dish: French fries were the only good part of our meal.

• mdranger's Profile Photo

Secret Six Tavern: History with your meal

by mdranger Written Oct 29, 2006
    Good soup on a cold October night

Local history that ties in with John Browns Raid is found here. Lots of wood and stone for a earthy feel. Small and intimate. Food is above average but alittle pricey. Microbrews seem especially so. A local folk/country singer was playing the night we were there. Good times as we waiting to start the Ghost Tour of Harpers Ferry (late October).

Favorite Dish: My wife had a veggie burger with pesto that was good. Soups are usually good here too. We've only been here twice so we aren't that familiar with the menu.

• Evelyn's: Great Seaford

by doc48 Written Sep 2, 2006

Evelyn's Restaurant is a very local seaford restaurant on Main Road in Tiverton, RI. Open just six months a year, it features inside seating and outside waterfront covered picnic tables. The food is first rate and is where the locals eat. The scenery Nonquit Pond (an arm of Narragansett Bay) is as good as the food. Many people tie their boats at the dock and visit the restaurant.

Favorite Dish: The fish and chips is the best in this area of New England.

• Beaches
    • Sailing and Boating

• Armory Pub: Steer clear of this restaurant

by AkaPeanut4 Written Jul 9, 2006

The food is overpriced and the general manager is not friendly. I ordered "Jumbo" shrimp for $13 (no sides) and received 5 very small, dry, bland shrimp that I could have purchased at the local grocery store for about $2. When I informed the waiter I was unhappy, he asked if I wanted something else, I said no as I had already eaten half of my friend's sandwich. I over heard someone, I assumed the manager, tell the waiter that if I didn't eat it, it would be removed from my bill. I ate only one, that's how I knew they were not good. When I received my bill and the $13 for the shrimp was on it, I informed the waiter I would not pay it. The "general manager" came to the table and said he would not remove it from the bill as I had not sent the shrimp back to the kitchen. My plate and only my plate, not the other four on the table, had been removed.

• National/State Park

• Geoff_Wright's Profile Photo

Armory Pub: Somewhere to Eat?

by Geoff_Wright Updated Apr 4, 2004

There are two or three places to eat in Harpers Ferry, but we never actually went inside any of them. I would suggest that the meals might be pretty basic, and that opening hours would be restricted to daytime visitors' hours. The area certainly wasn't buzzing with trade when we visited.

• Geoff_Wright's Profile Photo

Cafe (Something??): Somewhere Else to Eat?

by Geoff_Wright Written Nov 16, 2003

Walking up High Street from Shenandoah Street you will find this Cafe, on the left hand side, next to the book shop. From the photo, you can see there weren't too many people sitting outside.

In Potomac Street, just opposite the Railroad Station entrance, you will find a coffee bar.

Instant Answers: Harpers Ferry

Comments

Harpers Ferry Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Harpers Ferry restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Harpers Ferry sightseeing.

View all Harpers Ferry hotels