Ripley Restaurants

• Downtowner Restaurant, Ripley, West Virginia
    Downtowner Restaurant, Ripley, West...
  • My Lunch:  Philly Cheeze Steak Sub & Fries
    My Lunch: Philly Cheeze Steak Sub &...
    Downtowner Restaurant, Interior View

Most Recent Restaurants in Ripley

Tudor's Biscuit World: Tudor's Biscuit World

by butterflykizzez04 Written Feb 3, 2014

When You say Tudor's anyone from WEST VIRGINIA knows immediately what your talking about...When I go home I have to stop at Tudor's on Sunday morning on my way home to enjoy my favorite biscuits until I make it home again!!!
    My favorite is "The Mary B" which is a large homemade buttermilk biscuit with egg, cheese and bacon..and I mean...Large and Delicious!!! I wish I could eat 2 of them but I get so full on one I can't do it..
    Tony now he gets two...two different ones that is...He gets "The Peppy" which is pepperoni and melted cheddar cheese on a large homemade buttermilk biscuit and then he gets "The Herd" which is another large homemade buttermilk biscuit with egg, cheese, sausage and potato and he loves it...how he eats two of the monster biscuits I will never know!!!!
    If you are EVER in West Virginia, look for a Tudor's Biscuit World and you will be very happy..there are about 30 different types of Biscuits to choose from as well as platters combos and regular lunch foods also...but I love my MARY B...got to get me another one soon!!!!

Gino's Pizza & Spaghetti: Gino's Pizza & Spaghetti

by butterflykizzez04 Written Feb 3, 2014

Pizza bread to die for!!!
    I live in Nashville, TN now but I am from Ripley WV ....and in Nashville, They DO NOT KNOW what Pizza Bread is...can't find it anywhere...tons of pizza restaurants that serve calzones and subs...but NO PIZZA breads..oh they have some Pizza Subs...but Heck..it's not Gino's Pizza Breads...
    So when I go to WV for a visit..I have to stop...any location works...but I usually always go to this one since it is close to my mother's home. I love Gino's Pizza and Pizza Bread...
    I highly recommend to everyone...yes go to Gino's!!!!

Kam Bo Chinese Restaurant: Kam Bo Chinese Restaurant

by butterflykizzez04 Written Feb 3, 2014

Not many choices in Ripley WV for chinese food but if you are hankering for some Asian Cuisine and you are in Ripley WV don't hesitate for a little Kam Bo Dining!!!
    My daughter and son loves this restaurant.

I enjoy it while I am in the area. The price is not bad and the food is really good!!

Pete's Hot Dogs: Pete's Hot Dogs

by butterflykizzez04 Written Feb 3, 2014

I love this HOT DOG RESTAURANT...I live in Nashville TN now (Ripley is my hometown) and I can't find a decent Hot dog in the entire town..so every time I go home to WV for a visit (even for one day)..I have to go through the drive thru and grab me a HOT DOG with Everything...
    I love this restaurant
    I love this hot dog
    I want to eat them every day and if you ask me why I say...
    because PETE's has the best Hot Dogs in the WORLD..
    please try them if you get the chance and you are in the area!!!

Lucky Dog's: Lucky Dog Hot Dogs

by butterflykizzez04 Written Feb 3, 2014

I am a big Hot Dog enthusiast and I love to find good hot dogs anywhere I can. When I go home to West Virginia I can always count on a good hot dog at my favorite locations so sometimes, I am leery about changing..but my parents raved about the new Hot Dog establishment "Lucky Dogs"...so I said why not!!!

They have a drive thru and a slightly large inside dining area..They serve BBQ, Hamburgers, the typical sides of Onion Rings and French Fries..and then they have their Dogs...with the regular sauce or spicy sauce..I like them both...so I had to try one of each..with my favorite toppings of the sauce, onions, slaws and mustard and ketchup...I got one hot dog of each so with that much dog...I opted for no fries or rings.. I also got a few for my parents and my son...and I was very pleased.

The hot dog bun was steamed perfectly. The homemade slaw was very good. I also enjoyed the hot dog sauce both regular and spicy. I really liked the hot dogs. I have to say they are good. My favorite in Ripley is still "Pete's" but hey that is just MY PERSONAL PREFERENCE...but to me this is a good dog and a close second. Lucky's is the favorite of my parents...but its all in the sauce...and the weiner combination..You have to use a great weiner and you have to have a great sauce..if you get that combination ...YOU CAN'T go WRONG!!!
    I recommend their hot dogs and I will definitely eat here again, and again...and AGAIN !!!!

• Stephen-KarenConn's Profile Photo

Downtowner Restaurant: Eat with the Locals

by Stephen-KarenConn Updated Jul 22, 2006

I passed through Ripley on a road trip at lunch time and looked for a restaurant that would give me a bit of local flavor. Virtually every small town has a place like that. In Ripley I saw two restaurants, side by side, right across the street from the courthouse. One of them looked to me like it was trying to be trendy, which is fine, but you don't come to a town like Ripley to be trendy. I went to the Downtowner, which appeared to be a bit more old fashioned. It was a good choice.

Favorite Dish: At my server's recommendation I had the Philly steak and cheeze sub with krinkle cut fries. It was not quite as good as those you get in Philadelphia, and I didn't expect it to be, but still very tasty and satisfying.

Downtowner Restaurant, Ripley, West Virginia My Lunch:  Philly Cheeze Steak Sub & Fries Downtowner Restaurant, Interior View Downtowner Restaurant, Ripley, West Virginia

• butterflykizzez04's Profile Photo

several: Lots of restaurants to choose from

by butterflykizzez04 Written Aug 10, 2005

Here in Ripley we have many restaurants to choose from: Wendy's, Taco Bell, Arby's, Pizza Hut, Long John Silver's, KFC, McDonalds, Burger King, Dominoe's Pizza, Fat Albert's Pizza, Gino's Pizza, Fatello's Italian restaurant, Cozemel's Mexican Restaurant, McCoy's Hotel has a restaurant, Shoney's, Ponderosa, Bob Evans, Subway, Tudor's Biscuits, and Rocky's Subs

Restaurant Row on the West end of town

Instant Answers: Ripley

Comments

Ripley Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Ripley restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Ripley sightseeing.