Shepherdstown Restaurants

yellow brick bank
    by doug48

Most Recent Restaurants in Shepherdstown

• doug48's Profile Photo

yellow brick bank restaurant: downtown

by doug48 Written Jan 18, 2012
    yellow brick bank

the yellow brick bank restaurant is located in the historic 1906 beau arts style shepherdstown security bank building. good sandwich selection on their lunch menu. their dinner menu offers steak, seafood, and pasta. i had lunch there and was very satisfied with the food and service.

• Architecture

• The Press Room: Italian the locals love!

by Atrya Updated Jan 16, 2008

A relative newcomer to Shepherdstown, the Press Room opened a year and a half ago and has quickly become a favorite among locals. Comfortable booths and leather chairs make the cozy space perfect for a romantic dinner. The staff is friendly and helpful, willing to explain the specials which, on my last visit, ran from a seafood paella to a free-range veal osso buco. Chef/owner Mike Luksa, formerly of the Yellow Brick Bank down the street, seems committed to fresh, locally sourced produce. On my last visit, I had oysters on the half shell from Washington State that were divine! Sometimes it can be difficult to get in at the last minute, so I usually try to make a reservation.

Favorite Dish: The veal chop with a creamy mushroom sauce and traditional risotto milanese - yum!

• Wine Tasting

• The Yellow Brick Bank: Lovely Brunch

by nikkidish Updated Jul 1, 2007

This was a very nice restaurant, housed in what I would assume used to be a bank. Lovely, eclectic paintings/posters on the walls, as well as outside seating. They seemed to have a variety on the menu too. The brunch menu included shephard's pie, French toast, and BBQ.

Favorite Dish: I had the orange stuffed French toast with blueberry compote. Very, very nice, as well as a massive serving. Well worth the $10. I definitely couldn't finish it by myself. They also give you a dollop of what tasted like real whipped cream. The French toast was made from some sort of artisan bread also, not your average white loaf. Overall a very pleasant experience and a wonderful start to an afternoon wandering around the little town. If I go again, I may have to order the French toast again--it was that good.

• The Yellow Brick Bank offers...

by noahsdad Written Oct 4, 2002

The Yellow Brick Bank offers amazing breakfasts--we had awesome frittatas! It's also a B&B, although we didn't stay. We'll be back, though! The Old Pharmacy Cafe had a varied lunch menu--and the berry pie was fantastic! The Bavarian Inn really can satisfy your hankering for hasenpfeffer and other German specialties...

• soccergrrl's Profile Photo

Yellow Brick Bank: Yellow Brick Bank

by soccergrrl Written Oct 28, 2002

It is located in (as you may have guessed) and old bank building. It's very Beaux Arts-looking.

Favorite Dish: I can't even remember what I had, but there were nearly 20 of us and no one was disappointed with what they ordered.

Instant Answers: Shepherdstown

Comments

Shepherdstown Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Shepherdstown restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Shepherdstown sightseeing.

View all Shepherdstown hotels