Appleton Nightlife

Best Rated Nightlife in Appleton

• babybird's Profile Photo

Peabody's Ale House in Oshkosh: Peabody's Sunday Night Jazz Jam

by babybird Updated Jan 6, 2008

If you can stay up late on a Sunday Night and enjoy live jazz, Peabody's in Oshkosh has some great music. THE JAZZ ORGY is the
    anchor group, featuring extremely talented musicians and guests who frequently have ties to Lawrence University's and UWO's excellent music programs. Good musicians are usually welcome to sit in and play a few tunes. The
    music generally kicks off between 9 and 10 on Sunday nights.

Peabody's itself has a relaxed "come as you are" atmosphere. Nothing fancy, but they do have nearly 100 foreign and domestic bottled
    beers to sample and a friendly local staff. Worth making a trip down to Oshkosh for!!!

Dress Code: Come as you are.

• ollever906's Profile Photo

Shark's Club Billiard Bar: Billiards or pool hall

by ollever906 Written Jun 6, 2004

Its a great place to hang out and play some pool. The bartenders and staff are very friendly and may even strike up a conversation with you. The regulars there are easy to get along with and in the 2 years ive been going there ive only heard of one fight that went by so quick that even though i was 10 feet away from where it was going on i didnt even notice. from what i hear their drinks are good, and i like their food.

Dress Code: No super baggy pants, bandannas, hats must be worn straight foreward or backward

• Shark's Club Pool Hall or Billiards: Shark's

by amyleej07 Written Mar 4, 2007

I was very disappointed with the management there. I went there with my boyfriend the evening of March 3, 2007 to shoot some pool. We were having a great time and we got hungry and wanting a snack. We went up to the bar and decided we wanted onion rings. We were waiting for quite a while before we received any "service". Two bartenders were busy with customers up to their elbows, but one bartender, the manager, with he shirt unbuttoned so low you could see her bra, stood directly in front of us to the right, casually talking with the customers next to us. 5 minutes went by. That turned into 10. She looked directly at my boyfriend and I several times, but ignored us and continued to talk, while these two other poor bartenders were running around wearing themselves out. It finally took the customers next us to point out that we may need to be helped. She sighed and asked what she could get for us. I replied onion rings, and she looked at me as though she had never heard of them before. She bluntly said, "No." Just no. Then she continued to say that deep frying is done for the night, and tried to get us to buy a pizza. I was extremely irritated at this point because a manager had the attitude of a 16-year-old. First off, you don't sit around like a lazy sloth and make smalltalk with other customers if clearly there are other customers to be helped. Second, you don't tell a customer a flat out no, a simple, "Sorry, we're not deep-frying tonight anymore tonight" would have sufficed. Don't go unless you want to be treated like you're causing someone a bother by wanting to contribute to their business.

Instant Answers: Appleton

Comments

Appleton Nightlife

Reviews and photos of Appleton nightlife posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Appleton sightseeing.