Green Bay Sports & Outdoors

The thrill of victory. . .
    by yooperprof
    Matt Rohde
    by rstary
    Walleye
    by rstary

Most Recent Sports & Outdoors in Green Bay

UWGB Phoenix

by rstary Updated Apr 4, 2011

There's more to Green Bay sports than just football. We have D-1 basketball with the UWGB Phoenix. We have to do something in the winter!

The new coach, Todd Kowalczyk, was an assistant with Tom Crean from Marquette and is now building his own championship team at UWGB.

Matt Rohde

Great Bike Trails

by rstary Written Aug 7, 2006

There are three trails that you can ride in the Green Bay Area. The Mountain Bay trail on the west side of town, the East River trail on the east side and the Fox River trail on the east side of the Fox River. There is no fee to use the East River Trail but it's only about 5 miles long. The other trails require a pass which can be purchased at local bike shops and some businesses (convenience centers) nearby.

Equipment: Bring your bicycle. It doesn't matter if it's a mountain bike or a touring bike. The paths are either black top or crushed granite.

• Cycling
    • Hiking and Walking

Walleye Fishing

by rstary Updated Sep 7, 2004

The Fox River sports one of the best Walleye Fisheries in the country. I rarely get skunked when I head out on the river. My kids and I have had more success catching walleye here than anywhere else we've fished. We fish purely for sport. Catch and release. Eating fish from the river is still a bit risky.

Equipment: We typically troll with Rapala's. I'm not an experienced fisherman. I see plenty of the pros trolling, but they also jig minnows.

Walleye
    • Fishing

• yooperprof's Profile Photo

Green Bay Marathon!

by yooperprof Written May 29, 2003

I was in Green Bay for the Marathon - not that I was running it myself, but for my mother. It was a "big deal" for her - with the Green Bay Marathon completed, she completed her goal of running a marathon in each of the 50 States. She's now a member of the elite "Fifty Stater Club" - not bad for a woman in her mid 60s! Everyone in my family is really proud of her accomplishment, so it was an opportunity for us all to gather in Green Bay and cheer her on. Here she is close to the end of the marathon - mile 23 - running with some of her friends along the Fox River Trail. Go Mom! (My mother is the one with the blue shirt.)

The thrill of victory. . .

• Green Bay Packers

by pumpkin915 Written Apr 18, 2003

There is no place like Lambeau Field! Home of the beloved Green Bay Packers= winners of Super Bowl 1, 2, and 31. The Packers have a long tradition of winning and have won several championships even before the Super Bowl was created. Packer fans are loads of fun and love their team with a passion that is second to none. Unfortunately finding a ticket to a home game will be quite difficult since they have been sold out since the 60's. In December and January the field is often referred to as "The Frozen Tundra" because it is freezing and would be better to watch the game on the tv anyway. Go Bret Favre!

• Packers Football

by bliu Written Apr 9, 2003

Going to a Green Bay Packers home game is the thrill of a lifetime, with 70,000 loyal fans screaming their lungs out. Get your tickets through a package deal at a Travel Agency or plan on standing in the parking lot hoping for a deal. There are NO tickets available for sell to the general public - the Packers are owned by the citizens of Green Bay, and all season tickets are owned by private families.
    We were lucky - and were one of four families in Brown County who won (the right to purchase) four tickets to one regular season game the first year we moved to Green Bay.

Equipment: Bring your cheesehead, but don't worry about the beer - there are more bars per capita in Green Bay than any other city in the nation.

Instant Answers: Green Bay

Comments

Green Bay Sports & Outdoors

Reviews and photos of Green Bay sports & outdoors posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Green Bay sightseeing.