Keshena Travel Guide

Veterans Park

Keshena Things to Do

sullvan falls

by minkota Updated Jul 4, 2003

Here is a photo of sullvan falls. Try and go over facing foward but if you want a little challenge, go over backwards.
    I went down in a raft, which is much easier than a kayak.

• Kayaking

by minkota Updated Jun 25, 2003

You wouldn't think of white water rafting in Wisconsin but the Wolf river has some great rapids. There are several companies on the Wolf that offer rafting. I have been down the river several times and have only used Big Smokey Falls. For about 25 $ you get a raft, lifejacket and a paddel. The boats are can hold 3 but it works best with 2. If you like bring some money cause there are two places you can stop and get some food and drink.

by minkota Written Jun 18, 2003

Fun on the water. Along with rapids there are plenty of calm waters to play in. Much of it is shallow enough to touch. Bring a football or other flotable toy to play with.

Keshena Local Customs

by minkota Written Jun 25, 2003

At one of the food stops along the way. Not the very first one but the second. Some of the locals will go under a small waterfall. The waterfall is about 4 ft and the water is moving that fast and if you ask nicely they might take you under. There is only room under there for 2 people and it is so wierd to watch someone go under cause you cant see them at all.

• Adventure Travel

Keshena What to Pack

Big smokey falls

by minkota Written Jun 18, 2003

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: Water shoes,

Toiletries and Medical Supplies: Sunscreen

Photo Equipment: Water proof camara

Miscellaneous: Water jugs filled with what ever you want ;)
    Also bring someway of strapping them to your raft other wise they will float away.
    Money for the two bars along the way.

Keshena Off The Beaten Path

• minkota's Profile Photo
    photo from above the canyon run

by minkota Updated Jul 4, 2003

After the cannon run there is usually a gathering of rafts. Here you can go to the left side and climb up the cliff run and jump off. I have never tried it my self. (I broke my tailbone cliff jumping in Hawaii) My brother and a friend have. If you want to do this, jump as far out as you can and watch out for rafts underneath.

• Adventure Travel

Keshena Favorites

Big smokey falls

by minkota Updated Aug 1, 2003

Favorite thing: Most of all have fun, this is a great way to spend an afternoon.

Fondest memory: Well on of the more interesting things that happened while on one of the many trips I have taken down the Wolf is at the last waterfall, our raft was kinda stuck on a rock and another raft came along and ran into us. I didn’t see it coming so I fell out of the raft. I just kept thinking to my self “feet first, feet first” cause I didn’t want to hit my head on any rocks. I could hear the crowd of people that gather at the last falls to watch gasp as I went over the falls. I hit my butt on a few rocks but wasn’t hurt. I popped up with a smile on my face, that was really intense!!

They don't look so big in the photo but they do when you are about to go over them.

• School Holidays

Instant Answers: Keshena

Comments

Keshena Travel Guide
Map of Keshena