Middleton Travel Guide

by Tom_In_Madison

Middleton Hotels

Middleton Restaurants

• by Jimmyp41 Updated Apr 4, 2011

This is a family run restauraunt. I visited here for lunch. The food was good, but in my opinion the other restauraunts I visited in Madison/Middleton were better. There was nothing wrong with this restauraunt, service was good and the food tasty. There is also a bar separated from the dining area where they have live music. The all you can eat fish grill on a friday has been recomended to me.

Favorite Dish: We shared nachos and deep fried mozarella for a starters. I had the Bucky burger for my mains (8 oz burger with sour creem, fried onions and cheese) which came with crisps. It was nice.

• by Jimmyp41 Written May 12, 2004

The restauraunt is fairly new (like everything else in this area!). The food was good. Service quick and friendly. Very reasonably priced. We went here for lunch.
    I had Thai Spring rolls for starter (2.50 dollar), stir fry chicken and vedgetable with sichuan flavour, with rice (6.75 dollar).

Favorite Dish: I've only been here once. So i guess my favourite dish is the stir fry i had. The fortune cookie was nice too.

• by Jimmyp41 Written May 11, 2004

This is a fast food gourmet burritos and Tacos restaurant. Apparently its only been open for a couple of months. It was very busy when we visited at 11:30am. Although service is very fast so we didnt have to wait long for our food, approx 5 - 10 minutes. The food was delicous and very filling. You have a choice of burrito, fajita burrito (with peppers and onion), tacos and burrito with out the wrap. They cost approx 5.50 dollars each.

Favorite Dish: I had the burrito with everything, it was huge. Very tasty, Highly recomend this place.

Middleton Off The Beaten Path

• by kuhakakai Updated Apr 20, 2009

We have eaten at Prairie Cafe in Middleton WI quite a few times in 3 years. We were pleased when they started using only organic eggs, but it was a little more expensive. Still, occasionally, we'd go for breakfast. They have lunch also. I asked them to start using organic potatoes, because I had just read that you should not eat the skins of conventional produce, but they never did that. We like their home friend potatoes. And their cocoa. Then, recently, it occurred to me to ask them if they STILL were using organic eggs. I know a bakery that used to be organic but stopped. They were not. Too many people "complained" because they were charging an additional dollar for organic eggs! Their 3-egg omelet is big enough for two. I asked how long we had been eating ordinary eggs, thinking they were organic. "Months", they said. They're sometimes out of whole wheat bagels, and this week they said they wouldnt carry them anymore. I dont understand that. We liked them. Their little warm muffins with fruit are tasty. They have changing art exhibits. It's across the street from a Cub foods and other small business and UW credit union, but not in walking distance of downtown Middleton.

Instant Answers: Middleton

Comments

Middleton Travel Guide
Map of Middleton