Milwaukee What to Pack

by Kay_C

Most Recent What to Pack in Milwaukee

• morbidly hot summers

by LaFreakEgurL Written Aug 15, 2005

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: light weight, shorts, short sleeves, tanks, etc.

Miscellaneous: originally I am from GA, but i have lived in WI for 4-5 years.

personally, I think that the summers in Milwaukee WI are unbearable. It seems like they would be mild, but my first summer there I was a complete wreak, everytime I went outside of a nice, cool building the heat would smack me dead in the face, as if I had just opened a 365 degree oven and let the heat blow over me.

If you are traveling to Milwaukee in summer, stay closer to the lake, it is often 13-15 degrees cooler near the lake..

It could be 85 degrees in brookfield, or West Allis, but only 70 degrees near the lake shore. also, because we a are so close to a lake you'd think that there would be a lot of humidity... but once again I feel differently on this... I think that Milwaukee has a very dry heat in the summer... also for the past 5 years we have been under a summer drought. it seems to only rain maybe 5-7 times through out the 5-6 months of summer.

• TWO sides of winter

by LaFreakEgurL Written Aug 15, 2005

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: Winter one: Nov-Jan:
    Bring sweaters, hats, scarves, gloves, warm socks, a jacket or vest. heavy jeans, slacks. sunglasses to help block the bitterly cold wind.

Winter Two: Jan-March:
    bring all of the above including a heavier coat, a pair of long johns (if you have to be out in the weather for long periods of time) bring snow shoes, and ear muffs.

Toiletries and Medical Supplies: bring whatever standard toiletries that you normally would, but don't forget the chap stick, and or face balm :) the winter wind is murder to the skin, also bring lots of lotion, the passt two winters have cracked the back of my hands up pretty badly.

Photo Equipment: anything that will take shots on bright sunny, snowy days, or dull grey blizzard like days.

Miscellaneous: lets get ONE thing straight... Wisconsin's "Spring, and Fall" lasts maybe 2 and a half weeks. mostly Wisconsin is winter, or summer.

BUT there are TWO winters in Wisconsin.

Winter one: early November-early January...

it will be rare to see snow, at all during this time of year... for the past 4-5 years it hasn't snowed until the early-mid part of January..

this first part of winter is bitterly cold, and nasty winds.

The second winter is Early-mid January-Early March.

Early January is usually when heavy snow comes, and early march is typically when the snow melts.

Instant Answers: Milwaukee

Comments

Milwaukee What to Pack

Reviews and photos of Milwaukee what to pack posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Milwaukee sightseeing.