Oshkosh Favorites

Most Recent Favorites in Oshkosh

• RACCOON1's Profile Photo

OSHKOSH Airshow

by RACCOON1 Updated Jun 8, 2004

Favorite thing: The Oshkosh Airshow takes place in late July ( early August ) . In 2004 from July 27 to Aug 3.

Its emphasis is on Recreational and Experimental aircraft but everything else is there. It is organized by the EAA , Experimental Aircraft Association .

There is a superb museum .

We scheduled two days but only needed one day .

• Kiisu's Profile Photo

The Best Air Show in the Country!

by Kiisu Updated Jul 4, 2003

Favorite thing: Attend the EAA (Experimental Aviation Association) AirVenture show in Oshkosh. This is a top-notch, annual, week-long air show which must be the best in the country, if not the world! It is a showcase of what's going on in general aviation, and is enjoyable by all members of the family. All types of planes are represented; military, warbirds, antiques, home-builts, ultralights, seaplanes, etc. There are daily air shows, lectures, displays, merchandisers, a permanent museum, etc. You can buy practically anything related to aviation, from a T-shirt to a Lear jet! I understand last year's event had over 750,000 visitors and over 10,000 planes attend. AirVenture takes place annually around the end of July/beginning of August. Check out their website - www.eaa.org. Make plans to attend, you won't be disappointed!

• Adventure Travel

• Go to Country USA if you like...

by Alakara Written Oct 5, 2002

Favorite thing: Go to Country USA if you like Country music! Go to Lifest you you like Christian music! Go to the EAA if you like airplane stuff! Go to the Great Outdoors Ducks Unlimited thing if you like hunting, fishing, or just want to learn something about either of them!

Fondest memory: My best memory was from Lifest. I was going to go camping in Wild Rose but all the campsites were taken up at our camp (we were too stupid to call for one in advance! lol). I wanted to go to Lifest SOOO bad this year, and said that I'd rather go camping than go to it. Well, I was basically crying on our way back to our house and my mom and aunt felt bad and sent me off to Lifest for a day. I got to see the Plus One concert and get my t-shirt signed by them after it!!! YAY!

Instant Answers: Oshkosh

Comments

Oshkosh Favorites

Reviews and photos of Oshkosh favorites posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Oshkosh sightseeing.