Spring Green Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Spring Green

• Peterodl's Profile Photo

General Store: General Store

by Peterodl Written Aug 10, 2008

The general store is always a busy place to grab a large breakfast or a good lunch. If you're in town for the American Players Theater, you can run into the actors from the plays at the general store.
    Sit outside on the porch and enjoy the free wi-fi available or browse the store for food, drinks, clothing and collectibles or catch an occasional live-music event.
    Hours:
    9AM to 6PM, Monday thru Friday
    Saturday 8AM to 6PM;
    Sunday 8AM to 4PM

General Store General Store

• Arthur's - Spring Green, WI: Can't explain the crowds

by androidusername Updated Jul 9, 2008

Arthur's is definitely a gold mine for the owners - no question about it... The place is always packed! What I don't understand is: WHY? In the ten years we've lived in the area, we've gone there maybe 4 or 5 times and always walked out wondering where the attraction is. In fact, the last time we were there, four of us dropped $100.00 and I've honestly been more satisfied at the food court at the mall. That toasted sub place isn't half bad... but I digress.

I had a ribeye, my wife had orange roughy, our son had a rack of ribs, and our friend had a fish sandwich. Well, the ribeye was adequate - the mushrooms tasted funny; the garlic mashed potatoes were dry, oddly colored, and I needed a good-sized gulp of wine to get it down. The ribs were pasty, and the piece of fish in our friend's sandwich was twice the size of the orange roughy (which cost considerably more than the sandwich).

In past visits I've attempted seafood, and have come out just about equally unimpressed. The same people own the Round Barn/Pasta Barn, almost directly across the street. Go there!

Favorite Dish: I managed to get there once for a New Year's Day brunch/buffet. That was decent. Of course, it's hard to screw up tubs of scrambled eggs and sausages. Still, it was about $40.00 for 2 adults and a child.

• The Bank: The Bank

by androidusername Written Feb 15, 2008

My one visit to The Bank was interesting. I can't complain too much about the food, but I do have an issue with the other reviewer's point that it was something like $11-20. Nowhere near (unless they meant for a glass of wine). I thought that, especially for a small restaurant in a very small town, it was extremely expensive! In fact, three of us came out over $225.00 lighter.

I admit we had some wine, but the entrees were more like $25 to $40 each. Appetizers were $11.00. Our son had a $4.00 glass of milk. (The next day, I went to the store and bought a $2.50 GALLON of milk).

Not bad food, but the price was huge. I knew it was going to be more than most, and I braced myself for $150.00, but I must say it was quite surprised at the total.

Favorite Dish: Only had one thing so far, so I don't have much to compare to. Lamb. Also, I haven't had it before. It was tasty, so I guess I can't complain about the food. One of the appetizers was a plate of exotic mushrooms. Potential to be good, but extremely salty.

• ccdursina's Profile Photo

The Spring Bank!: don't miss visiting the new restaurant in town!

by ccdursina Written Nov 3, 2007

Recently opened the place has a great variety of wines at their wine bar, and the food is tasty and with a very professional presentation; a large menu prompted the owner to change it every week.

Favorite Dish: the stake - delicious!

• Wine Tasting

Instant Answers: Spring Green

Comments

Spring Green Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Spring Green restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Spring Green sightseeing.