Washington Island Things to Do

Most Recent Things to Do in Washington Island

Schoolhouse Beach

by lar-n-me Updated Aug 7, 2004

This is a fun place even if you don't swim.... there's picnic areas but more importantly, what it's famous for, are the rocks on the beach. Smooth as a baby's butt, all of them. It's hard to imagine until you see it.
    Don't try to take them home as souvenirs though... you'll be fined.

• lar-n-me's Profile Photo

Norwegian Stavkirke (Stave Church)

by lar-n-me Written Aug 7, 2004

Across the street from the Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Church, a replica of a Stave Church in Borgund, Norway. A beautiful "prayer path" through the northern forest leads you to it. In July & August there's a wednesday evening service held here at 7:30pm.

Overlook Tower

by lar-n-me Written Apr 18, 2004

If you want a good workout, climb the stairs of the tower that gives the view you see on our first Washington Island page. By the time you get to the top, you'll try to play it cool... no big deal.. I'm not tired.. that was nothing... this is pretty , I think I'll stay awhile.... lest it be known you're staying to catch your breath. Good thing it IS a great view.

Scandanavian Festival

by lar-n-me Written Apr 18, 2004

If you're there the right time of year, check out the festival. It's pretty endearing. A lot of hard work and talent. For some reason I couldn't stop laughing (not sure why.....I guess because it was so..... island'ish/foreign'ish/cute'ish/small-town'ish)?? I honestly don't know. It's a good time though.

• moneysavr's Profile Photo

Do a fish boil they are...

by moneysavr Written Feb 25, 2003

Do a fish boil they are great!ask were it is!The Island has a great rec center for the rainy days! with a great pool!weight room,and other things,and is cheap to get in to,they have like a family pass! They have a fishing Museum,the Jacobsen museum a must see with a lot of Island history,small but packed full kids will love,Local art museum,small zoo,horse back riding&trail and many more things to do.
    This is a quiet small Island that is away from the stress of the big city come to relax!stay and have fun!

• Cycling

Instant Answers: Washington Island

Comments

Washington Island Things to Do

Reviews and photos of Washington Island things to do posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Washington Island sightseeing.

View all Washington Island hotels