Wisconsin Dells Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Wisconsin Dells

• Dabs's Profile Photo

Monk's: Burgers and sandwiches along Broadway

by Dabs Written Aug 12, 2012

I had printed out a few option for dinner, pizza wasn't holding my interest and my husband didn't want to eat at the more upscale place I picked out so I was left with Monk's pub. When we walked in there seemed like there was a lot of room but by the time we left it was pretty crowded although we didn't go up to the upper levels.

Favorite Dish: I ordered a bacon cheeseburger and we split a small order of cheese curds. Lettuce and tomato were charged as extras. The burger was fine but after we were done I thought I could have just as easily gone to Culver's down the street, paid 1/2 as much, gotten a custard for dessert and been just as satisfied. The only reason I'd recommend this place is if you want alcohol with your meal, we didn't as we had to keep driving. With tax the meal was $25

• Buffalo Phil's: Trains don't overcome the terrible service or food

by FamilyManIowa Written Jul 11, 2011

Long story short: your time, money, and appetite will be better served elsewhere. We had great food at Uno's, and at Moosejaw - go to those places numerous times for good food and service, and a friendly kids atmosphere. Stay away from Buffalo Phil's, even though it's conveniently located next to Knuckleheads Indoor Amusement park, and across from Great Wolf.

Our party of eight (2 kids, 6 adults) were at Buffalo Phil's at 7:45 pm on Saturday, July 9, 2011. The restaurant was not that busy, and we got to sit in the "train room" right next to the track. The kids really enjoyed seeing the trains coming around, and that gave us some time to visit.

Well, it turns out we would have plenty of time to visit. We were seated, our server said he would be right over, and 15 minutes later, our server came to take drink orders. The only reason I waited that long was because we were with extended family, and nobody wanted a scene.

After ordering drinks, we waited 10 minutes to get them. Not by train, but by server...it was that slow. 2 milks, 2 waters, four beers. Pretty tricky order.

We finally got our drinks, then our server took our order. Seemed like thing might be getting "on track." Nope. He came back 10 minutes after taking our order, and wanted to "finish taking our order." He already had the whole thing - what?!?

Nobody ordered appetizers, and drinks were never refilled before food started arriving after a 25-30 minute wait. Two of the adults got their food first. Then, two minutes later, the kids' pizza came; four minutes later, two more adults got their food. The server said, "Can I get you anything else?" Well, if you're still following along, two of the adults still didn't have food - so we politely asked for our dinners. Those came about six minutes later. Pretty amazing - an eight top to 10 minutes to deliver simple food.

The food, unfortunately, is terrible. I've had better food in hospital cafeterias, or high school lunch rooms. Presentation was awful, the mexcian "signature" dishes were unrecognizable, the "amazing" rotisserie chicken bland and unseasoned, and the pizza crust was burnt.

We weren't the only table having issues. A six-top across from us left after waiting over 40 minutes to get food, and a table on the other side of the restaurant was sending food back to the kitchen.

I will never go back. I would rather stop at a gas station for a can of Pringles and a pop, or pick up a pizza-to-go somewhere. Please don't subject your family to such terrible food and service. Our kids liked the trains, but didn't eat their food. None of the adults enjoyed the dinner, and the bad service caused tension in our family - I wanted to leave, Grandma didn't want to make a scene. It really was a downer on the night.

• Trains

• Paul Bunyan Restaurant: Great breakfast!

by jduzki Written Aug 8, 2010

We were seated at a family sized table. Started off with hot and yummy sugar doughnuts, sausage, scrambled eggs, biscuits and gravy, pancakes. Service was great! Loved the food. Will make it a must stop every time we go.

Favorite Dish: We only have eaten breakfast, and our family loved it.

• indigoiris's Profile Photo

Port Vista: Local color and great flavor

by indigoiris Written Dec 29, 2009

This is long-established typical Wisconsin restaurant/bar. Items on the menu range from onion rings and cheese curds to walleye and burgers along with the "World Famous 32 oz Steak". Summer or winter this is a place that you will find the locals as well as tourists from all over the planet.

Favorite Dish: We split three of the 32 oz. steaks between 5 hungry eaters and there were still left overs. It seems seems the burgers here are a "local favorites" and for a Wisconsin tradition try the Friday night fish fry-- the place is hopping.

Prices depend on what you order but are very reasonable.

• Pizza Pub: Give It A Pass

by SavyTraveling Written Aug 16, 2008

Don't waste your time.
    Your in-restaurant experience will be loud beyond your ability to hold a conversation and the pizza's, well - most anything that comes out of a grocery store's freezer section will be better and cheaper.
    Don't even think about ordering it for delivery! After being told it would be '30-45 minutes', we called when an hour came and went and were told 'it's on its way.' After an hour and a half we called back and were told that WE told them the wrong hotel - twice, and that it'd be another half an hour if we wanted it / 'do you want it or not' [as per 'Nate'. Obviously, we opted for 'not.'
    Don't waste your time!

Favorite Dish: Anywhere else but this... Really, anywhere!

• Buffalo Phils: Avoid it, go elsewhere

by richterbunch Updated Jul 30, 2007

Yes it is close to Tanger's Outlet Mall, unfortunately not convenient. The food is very lacking in good taste and quality. I ordered a 1/4 Rotissery Chicken, the meal consisted of a chicken leg and thigh, instant mashed potatoes, and a piece of dried out corn bread. I asked the server if the dish would be a combination for white and dark meat before ordering and she said yes. When I received the dish I said that a leg and thigh was not a mix of white and dark meat and she said "I thought that the thigh was white meat". I told her that white meat was usually in the breast area of the chicken and she said Oh! and walked away. Needless to say I should of ordered all white meat to be safe which of course was a upcharge, but if the server did not know what white meat was who knows what I would of wound up with.

Also if you do eat here and have left overs that you want to take with you guard them because they will just clear your plate and not ask you if you are done and throw out your food. My daughter meal was okay she had the Cod sandwich and fries, she barely ate any of it and had intended to take it with her. The server took her plate and before she could say anything scampered away and threw out her food.

If you want a good meal and good service go elsewhere to Famous Dave's or Moose Jaw you would be much happier.

Favorite Dish: None

• R Place Italian Restaurant: Terrible

by pictish Written Apr 11, 2007

Did not smell like an Italian restaurant. Oil in cruet was some light "salad oil" and the same was used for cooking. No garlic or oregano or other herbs in anything. Four people had four different entrees and agreed worst food in years. Shrimp d' Jhong was sauteed shrimp with a tasteless gravy; Calamari Pomidoro had only the flavor of red pepper flakes.

"Chef" came out and asked how everything was. When I asked about the oil, he argued that "people do not like heavy olive oil" and the then complained that waitress did not keep the little plate full.

Waitress was friendly and competent; beer and wine selections limited but adequate; food was absolutely terrible.

Favorite Dish: The four we tried were all equally bad.

• simcard's Profile Photo

Ho Chunk Casino's Buffet: Great Buffet

by simcard Updated Oct 30, 2005

The buffet restaurant on the 2nd floor of Ho Chunk Casino has been on the best buffet I have been to.. They serve great food. Price is reasonably cheap. Service is 5-star and environment is wonderful too.

Don't forget to register for the member card - it is free to register but will bring you discount!

• Ci_Ci_Ro_Ro's Profile Photo

Del Bar: Were you raised on a "Golden fork"

by Ci_Ci_Ro_Ro Updated Aug 2, 2005

Del Bar is a high class resturaunt so if you like to be pampered then go there. They were packed when I went there and our server was already at the table waiting to take our drink orders. Very on top of things as I'd like to call it. Very fancy and warm atmosphere. Food was more then delicious!!! I had filet mignon and it just melted in my mouth. Also had crab legs and they were packed full of meat!! All of the servers were nice, friendly, and energetic. It was worth every dollar I spent there & I cant wait to go back! I recommend this place to every tourist in The Dells!!

Favorite Dish: My 12 oz. Filet Mignon was worth dying for it was sooooooooo good!!! It cut like butter and taste better then anything Ive ever eaten before....... I only had a tiny piece of crab because thats all my glutton friend would let me eat.. You get salads, potatoes, veggies, ect. as other sides also.... So you leave saying " Ohhh I ate tooo much!!"

PS... Also heard House Of Embers was very good but didnt get the chance to experience firsthand.....

• Luxury Travel
    • Casino and Gambling
    • Spa and Resort

Mr. Pancake, Wisconsin Dells: Come for the brekkie

by kahunaaccidentale Updated Jul 21, 2005

You know--that place on Dells Parkway across from Noah's Ark as looks like a beached giant steamboat?

THAT happens to be Mr. Pancake, something of a Dells brekkie institution since 1962. (They do serve some lunch items, but not much else, as they close @ 1:30 for the day.)

In any case, it's a place worth trying for their breakfasts, and if only because of its appearence. Four diffrerent syrups on each table for those of you fond of pancakes or Belgian waffles, free refills on tea and coffee--what more could you want for the most important meal of the day when you don't want fast food?

Favorite Dish: That's a hard one to digress, but then again, you've got plenty of variety.

One favourite item I'm fond of are the Belgian waffles--light, crisp, and holding butter and syrup well. Try the pecan waffles especially.

As for their Hot Fudge Banana Split Waffle--don't laugh; they actually have it on the brekkie menu.

It may be rather difficult trying to figure out just what you want, so take your time over the menu.

(This past summer, I tried the Farmer's Omelet--ham, potato cubes, cheese and mild herbs, with two pancakes as well. And a side of hash browns with cheese and onions.)

Denny's Diner: Nostalgia, pop culture--and comfort food

by kahunaaccidentale Updated Jul 21, 2005

What an interesting mix of nostalgia (notice plenty of pop-culture allusions, especially a Grinch doll dolled up in sunglasses and Ray Nitschke's old #66 jersey and an oversized Tazmanian Devil seeming to "crash" through the ceiling, head-first) and "comfort food" as makes this eatery (which, BTW, should not be confused with the Denny's chain of restaurants; they have a warning to that effect as you enter) a worthwhile stop, if only for ...

Favorite Dish: One especially-recommended favourite (according to a local taxicab company) is their Bone-In Ham Breakfast, complete with two eggs to order and choice of hash-browned or American-fry potatoes.

(Oh, yes--and toast.)

Also try their oversized cinnamon rolls; these are worth it, and then some.

Riverwalk Pub & Restaurant, Wisconsin Dells: The cafe on the Dells Riverwalk

by kahunaaccidentale Updated Jun 17, 2005

As if the Dells RiverWalk (close to downtown, with decent views of the Upper Dells) wasn't interesting enough, there's the RiverWalk Pub & Restaurant--something no Wisconsin Dells visitor ought to miss.

A decent North Woods ambience blends in well with the RiverWalk district, which makes the feel all the more worthwhile ... and makes the place worth a visit.

And the menu's pretty simple and uncomplicated, not to mention pretty much in the "hornbook" stylee. Waitstaff are rather helpful to assist.

Favorite Dish: I'd say the patty melt, if for no other reason than....

(I understand they have elk burgers on the menu, among other menu specialities.)

Country Keg & Feed Mill: Their brekkies come highly recommended

by kahunaaccidentale Written Jun 1, 2005

Close to (but not quite in) downtown Wisconsin Dells, the Country Keg happens to be about the only halfway-decent place downtown for brekkie, and decent brekkie @ that.

Don't let the fact that it's otherwise a tavern fool you; they serve some good breakfasts that are recommended by pretty much everybody in the shoobie trade that I've run into in Wisconsin Dells.

Favorite Dish: For some reason, I can't help but resist the Country Fried Steak and Eggs platter. It just happens to be rather interesting eating for brekkie, and especially so with whole wheat toast and tea. (I acknowledge being a tea person more than anything.)

• Moose-Jaw Pizza and Brewery: Pizza & Brewery and much more!

by debjones Updated Aug 15, 2004

This restauraunt was very service-friendly which is very important to this family. Especially my husband who is bottomless pit when it comes to drinking iced-tea. It is much more than a pizza, pub and brewery they have something for everyone on their menu. My family of four each had something different and we liked them all. My husband had a mushroom & swiss burger, I had a philly cheese-steak sandwich, one son had shredded bbq pork and the other a burger. We all had fries which were very tasty. Other people around were eating a variety of other things and seemed to really be enjoying them. They have delivery to anywhere in town and their delivery vehicles are PT cruisers with mooses laying on top! They were adorable and their eyes lit up after dark! Pretty COOL! It was very affordable. They also have a gift shop and I purchased a T-shirt with their logo as I am proud to advertise their product. The atomosphere and decorum was really wonderful too! If you go to the Dells be sure to eat their at least once!

Favorite Dish: Philly cheese steak. Very Satifying! It was very filling and piled high with plenty of mushrooms, onions, cheese and peppers and steak. The fries on the side were also tasty not just something to fill the rest of the plate!

• Theme Park Trips

• Paul Bunyan's: FORGET ABOUT IT!

by debjones Written Aug 15, 2004

This place is just all around terrible! They serve you family style all-you-can-eat. Which when we were their was fried chicken (ok), bbq pork ribs (NASTY), home-made bread (GOOD), vegetable/pasta (broccoli) alfredo (which kids hate), and tastless potato cakes. If you wanted something to drink besides water, coffee or milk it was a dollar extra and no free refills. Not that anyone bothered to ask if we wanted a refill. Dessert was dry white cake w/vanilla icing and colored sprinkles. My husband paid extra for a very thin slice of mediocre prime rib. It just wasn't a very good place to eat and was EXTREMELY overpriced. We happened to ask the people seated next to us just as they were leaving how the liked it and they mumbled it was o.k.

Favorite Dish: NONE. if we had to pick it was the home-made bread.

Instant Answers: Wisconsin Dells

Comments

Wisconsin Dells Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Wisconsin Dells restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Wisconsin Dells sightseeing.

View all Wisconsin Dells hotels