Wisconsin Dells Restaurants

Best Rated Restaurants in Wisconsin Dells

• simcard's Profile Photo

Ho Chunk Casino's Buffet: Great Buffet

by simcard Updated Oct 30, 2005

The buffet restaurant on the 2nd floor of Ho Chunk Casino has been on the best buffet I have been to.. They serve great food. Price is reasonably cheap. Service is 5-star and environment is wonderful too.

Don't forget to register for the member card - it is free to register but will bring you discount!

Mr. Pancake, Wisconsin Dells: Come for the brekkie

by kahunaaccidentale Updated Jul 21, 2005

You know--that place on Dells Parkway across from Noah's Ark as looks like a beached giant steamboat?

THAT happens to be Mr. Pancake, something of a Dells brekkie institution since 1962. (They do serve some lunch items, but not much else, as they close @ 1:30 for the day.)

In any case, it's a place worth trying for their breakfasts, and if only because of its appearence. Four diffrerent syrups on each table for those of you fond of pancakes or Belgian waffles, free refills on tea and coffee--what more could you want for the most important meal of the day when you don't want fast food?

Favorite Dish: That's a hard one to digress, but then again, you've got plenty of variety.

One favourite item I'm fond of are the Belgian waffles--light, crisp, and holding butter and syrup well. Try the pecan waffles especially.

As for their Hot Fudge Banana Split Waffle--don't laugh; they actually have it on the brekkie menu.

It may be rather difficult trying to figure out just what you want, so take your time over the menu.

(This past summer, I tried the Farmer's Omelet--ham, potato cubes, cheese and mild herbs, with two pancakes as well. And a side of hash browns with cheese and onions.)

Denny's Diner: Nostalgia, pop culture--and comfort food

by kahunaaccidentale Updated Jul 21, 2005

What an interesting mix of nostalgia (notice plenty of pop-culture allusions, especially a Grinch doll dolled up in sunglasses and Ray Nitschke's old #66 jersey and an oversized Tazmanian Devil seeming to "crash" through the ceiling, head-first) and "comfort food" as makes this eatery (which, BTW, should not be confused with the Denny's chain of restaurants; they have a warning to that effect as you enter) a worthwhile stop, if only for ...

Favorite Dish: One especially-recommended favourite (according to a local taxicab company) is their Bone-In Ham Breakfast, complete with two eggs to order and choice of hash-browned or American-fry potatoes.

(Oh, yes--and toast.)

Also try their oversized cinnamon rolls; these are worth it, and then some.

Riverwalk Pub & Restaurant, Wisconsin Dells: The cafe on the Dells Riverwalk

by kahunaaccidentale Updated Jun 17, 2005

As if the Dells RiverWalk (close to downtown, with decent views of the Upper Dells) wasn't interesting enough, there's the RiverWalk Pub & Restaurant--something no Wisconsin Dells visitor ought to miss.

A decent North Woods ambience blends in well with the RiverWalk district, which makes the feel all the more worthwhile ... and makes the place worth a visit.

And the menu's pretty simple and uncomplicated, not to mention pretty much in the "hornbook" stylee. Waitstaff are rather helpful to assist.

Favorite Dish: I'd say the patty melt, if for no other reason than....

(I understand they have elk burgers on the menu, among other menu specialities.)

Country Keg & Feed Mill: Their brekkies come highly recommended

by kahunaaccidentale Written Jun 1, 2005

Close to (but not quite in) downtown Wisconsin Dells, the Country Keg happens to be about the only halfway-decent place downtown for brekkie, and decent brekkie @ that.

Don't let the fact that it's otherwise a tavern fool you; they serve some good breakfasts that are recommended by pretty much everybody in the shoobie trade that I've run into in Wisconsin Dells.

Favorite Dish: For some reason, I can't help but resist the Country Fried Steak and Eggs platter. It just happens to be rather interesting eating for brekkie, and especially so with whole wheat toast and tea. (I acknowledge being a tea person more than anything.)

• indigoiris's Profile Photo

Port Vista: Local color and great flavor

by indigoiris Written Dec 29, 2009

This is long-established typical Wisconsin restaurant/bar. Items on the menu range from onion rings and cheese curds to walleye and burgers along with the "World Famous 32 oz Steak". Summer or winter this is a place that you will find the locals as well as tourists from all over the planet.

Favorite Dish: We split three of the 32 oz. steaks between 5 hungry eaters and there were still left overs. It seems seems the burgers here are a "local favorites" and for a Wisconsin tradition try the Friday night fish fry-- the place is hopping.

Prices depend on what you order but are very reasonable.

• Moose-Jaw Pizza and Brewery: Pizza & Brewery and much more!

by debjones Updated Aug 15, 2004

This restauraunt was very service-friendly which is very important to this family. Especially my husband who is bottomless pit when it comes to drinking iced-tea. It is much more than a pizza, pub and brewery they have something for everyone on their menu. My family of four each had something different and we liked them all. My husband had a mushroom & swiss burger, I had a philly cheese-steak sandwich, one son had shredded bbq pork and the other a burger. We all had fries which were very tasty. Other people around were eating a variety of other things and seemed to really be enjoying them. They have delivery to anywhere in town and their delivery vehicles are PT cruisers with mooses laying on top! They were adorable and their eyes lit up after dark! Pretty COOL! It was very affordable. They also have a gift shop and I purchased a T-shirt with their logo as I am proud to advertise their product. The atomosphere and decorum was really wonderful too! If you go to the Dells be sure to eat their at least once!

Favorite Dish: Philly cheese steak. Very Satifying! It was very filling and piled high with plenty of mushrooms, onions, cheese and peppers and steak. The fries on the side were also tasty not just something to fill the rest of the plate!

• Theme Park Trips

• Paul Bunyan's: FORGET ABOUT IT!

by debjones Written Aug 15, 2004

This place is just all around terrible! They serve you family style all-you-can-eat. Which when we were their was fried chicken (ok), bbq pork ribs (NASTY), home-made bread (GOOD), vegetable/pasta (broccoli) alfredo (which kids hate), and tastless potato cakes. If you wanted something to drink besides water, coffee or milk it was a dollar extra and no free refills. Not that anyone bothered to ask if we wanted a refill. Dessert was dry white cake w/vanilla icing and colored sprinkles. My husband paid extra for a very thin slice of mediocre prime rib. It just wasn't a very good place to eat and was EXTREMELY overpriced. We happened to ask the people seated next to us just as they were leaving how the liked it and they mumbled it was o.k.

Favorite Dish: NONE. if we had to pick it was the home-made bread.

• Theme Park Trips

Family Chef Restaurant: Comfort food--and then some

by kahunaaccidentale Written Oct 24, 2002

Just your typical family restaurant in a typcial family-oriented place like Wisconsin Dells--yet one whose surroundings are bright, breezy and homelike. Plenty of glass with which to view the passing scene along with your meal.

Basically your roadside comfort food, but it's rather decently served. Well worth the time.

Favorite Dish: Try the burgers there. Made from scratch (not frozen patties), they are just oozing with deliciousness.

Save room for dessert: Their strawberry pie is said to be a Dells institution.

• Ci_Ci_Ro_Ro's Profile Photo

Del Bar: Were you raised on a "Golden fork"

by Ci_Ci_Ro_Ro Updated Aug 2, 2005

Del Bar is a high class resturaunt so if you like to be pampered then go there. They were packed when I went there and our server was already at the table waiting to take our drink orders. Very on top of things as I'd like to call it. Very fancy and warm atmosphere. Food was more then delicious!!! I had filet mignon and it just melted in my mouth. Also had crab legs and they were packed full of meat!! All of the servers were nice, friendly, and energetic. It was worth every dollar I spent there & I cant wait to go back! I recommend this place to every tourist in The Dells!!

Favorite Dish: My 12 oz. Filet Mignon was worth dying for it was sooooooooo good!!! It cut like butter and taste better then anything Ive ever eaten before....... I only had a tiny piece of crab because thats all my glutton friend would let me eat.. You get salads, potatoes, veggies, ect. as other sides also.... So you leave saying " Ohhh I ate tooo much!!"

PS... Also heard House Of Embers was very good but didnt get the chance to experience firsthand.....

• Spa and Resort
    • Luxury Travel
    • Casino and Gambling

• The restataurant that at ...

by roxy_17_hon Written Sep 7, 2002

The restataurant that at the one inside Great Wolf Lodge.
    It had a buffalo head that moved back and forth. Also, it had a moose head that sang.

Favorite Dish: At the Great Wolf Lodge restaurant I had a grilled cheese sandwich and french fries. And I tried some of my friend's shrimp scampee. It was wonderful.

Pizza Pub: Chicago deepdish meets Wisconsin Dells

by kahunaaccidentale Written Oct 23, 2002

On Wisconsin Dells Parkway, it just so happens to be "right in the middle of the action," as it were.

A real interesting combination of pizzas, pasta and a 70-item salad bar are among the main attractions for diners. All made from scratch and from family recipes.

Is it any wonder that many Chicagoans as visit the Dells every summer make Pizza Pub a regular habit every summer?

Favorite Dish: I'd have to say their deep-dish pizzas, especially all-meat combis. The crust is so dense, so chewy, and so tasty; the sauce is spiced just perfectly; and while it may take some time to get through it all, it's worth the effort.

I also find their midday buffet very good: Several choices of pizza, breadsticks and pasta, and the salad bar. Try this buffet at least once.

• kahunaaccidentale's Profile Photo

Monk's Bar and Grill: THE sports bar in Wisconsin Dells!

by kahunaaccidentale Updated Oct 23, 2002

A motif celebrating UW Badgers football (as witness the cardinal red-and-white throughout).

Flame-grilled hamburgers as are beyond compare.

No less than nine TV screens with sport on almost constantly.

And yet not losing the charm of your typical neighbourhood bar "back home."

Which pretty much sums up Monk's Bar and Grill, a Wisconsin Dells tradition since 1947 on The Broadway.

Expect close quarters at times during the summer, but be prepared to enjoy something rather typically Wisconsin Dells.

Favorite Dish: None other than the English Monkburger--basically your 1/3 lb. (pre-cooked weight) hamburger with a slice of cheese and grilled ham (with grilled onions on top, it's all the more interesting). Add fries to the whole and BBQ sauce, and I swear you're enjoying a high-end burger in some high-class steakhouse!!

• Paul Bunyan Restaurant: Great breakfast!

by jduzki Written Aug 8, 2010

We were seated at a family sized table. Started off with hot and yummy sugar doughnuts, sausage, scrambled eggs, biscuits and gravy, pancakes. Service was great! Loved the food. Will make it a must stop every time we go.

Favorite Dish: We only have eaten breakfast, and our family loved it.

• Dabs's Profile Photo

Monk's: Burgers and sandwiches along Broadway

by Dabs Written Aug 12, 2012

I had printed out a few option for dinner, pizza wasn't holding my interest and my husband didn't want to eat at the more upscale place I picked out so I was left with Monk's pub. When we walked in there seemed like there was a lot of room but by the time we left it was pretty crowded although we didn't go up to the upper levels.

Favorite Dish: I ordered a bacon cheeseburger and we split a small order of cheese curds. Lettuce and tomato were charged as extras. The burger was fine but after we were done I thought I could have just as easily gone to Culver's down the street, paid 1/2 as much, gotten a custard for dessert and been just as satisfied. The only reason I'd recommend this place is if you want alcohol with your meal, we didn't as we had to keep driving. With tax the meal was $25

Instant Answers: Wisconsin Dells

Comments

Wisconsin Dells Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Wisconsin Dells restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Wisconsin Dells sightseeing.

View all Wisconsin Dells hotels