Chugwater Travel Guide

Chugwater Hotels

Chugwater Restaurants

• johngayton's Profile Photo

by johngayton Written Mar 10, 2006

This was an interesting little find and well worth a visit, though perhaps I wouldn't go out of my way to make its reaquaintance. But as a stop-off The Buffalo Grill is ideal and quite idiosyncratic as well. The place, and its neighbouring Super8 motel, seems to be run by 2 old guys, who may or may not be brothers, with identical little moustaches.

The diner is immaculately clean and each table has a small selection of amusing little books and pamphlets to leaf through - the one I picked up was something to do with "How to be a Country Boy in 10 Easy Lessons!" OK that's probably not the real title, but you get the idea. There is also a gift shop where the books are on sale, along with momentoes of Chugwater, such as T-shirts and baseball caps - these I should imagine are serious collectors items as I doubt that many people own them!

Favorite Dish: We only stopped for a beer and a coffee but the old boy serving us was friendly and provided us with a bit of background info on Wyoming, such as that it is the 7th largest state but has the smallest population (at about 500,000). I found out later that he was right about the population but not quite accurate regards the size ranking - Ach who'se counting?

The beer was cold and the coffee was hot and I really shouldn't be so churlish as to complain about the beer being too cold!

Suffice it to say that this was a pleasant, characterful, stopover and has, obviously, stuck in my mind.

As Busy As It Gets? Collectors Items?
    • Beer Tasting

Instant Answers: Chugwater

Comments

Chugwater Travel Guide
Map of Chugwater