Jackson Restaurants

• Restaurants
    by Tom_In_Madison

Most Recent Restaurants in Jackson

• Xspecht's Profile Photo

Bubba's BBQ: One of Wyoming's Best BBQ Places!

by Xspecht Updated Dec 30, 2014

Excellent barbeque restaurant with reasonable prices. The only downside is that Bubba's is almost always crowded, so if you come during prime dinner hours, be prepared to wait a while. It is well worth the wait though! They also have a salad bar for those that aren't into meat. That is the only way I can get my wife to go with me! Excellent value for what you get!

Favorite Dish: Baby back ribs are meaty and tasty! Great sauce and excellent prices!

Bubba's

• Xspecht's Profile Photo

Cafe Genevieve: Jackson's Best Restaurant

by Xspecht Written Dec 30, 2014

This place is Jackson all the way. It is in an old log cabin with a large deck in front of it that is great for the summer time. The food is outstanding as the restaurant is owned and operate by Josh Governale, the best chef in town bar none. The menu has a very local flavor and the food is outstanding. If you want a real treat, order the "Pig Candy" appetizer, as the candied bacon is to die for.

Favorite Dish: My favorite dish is the seared prok tenderloin. It is simply delicious. Don't miss out on the macaroni and cheese, as it is the best I have ever tasted. I also love the spaghetti and the rib eye, they are fantastic as well.

Front of the Restaurant
    • Business Travel

• KimberlyAnn's Profile Photo

Million Dollar Cowboy Steak House: Fine Dining, Pricy but Delicious!

by KimberlyAnn Updated Nov 10, 2014

The Million Dollar Cowboy Steak House, opened in 1995, and is a restaurant to try if you want to have something special, and aren’t on a tight budget. The dining room is rustic, trimmed in knobby pine like the Million Dollar Bar. Their specialty is steaks, but you will also find some game, seafood, fish, chicken, and a number of delicious desserts. Their hand cut steaks and game are aged a minimum of 35 days, and are prime beef. The restaurant is open for dinners, and reservations are recommended.

The only negative thing I have to say, is that since it is located right below the bar, if it is a noisy night, with lots of dancing and loud music, some of this noise does filter down to the diners. You can avoid this by going earlier rather than later.

Favorite Dish: They are best known for their beef, however, when we were there the restaurant had a wonderful, dry aged buffalo rib eye steak which I loved. Their menu varies, however, so this may not always be available.

Million Dollar Cowboy Bar and Steak House Entrance Door

• charlenemixa's Profile Photo

Mangy Moose Restaurant: Good Dining Experience at Teton Village

by charlenemixa Written May 28, 2014

We stopped at the Mangy Moose as it was the only place open on the base of the mountain. Our meals were both very good. Can be a little pricey but this is a resort area. Our visit was after Labor Day so there was minimal activity in the Village and basically only this dining option that time of year.

Note: We were glad we did not stay at Teton Village for our trip. We had other friends who had and also attempted to see Yellowstone NP from there and found it was not convenient for seeing Yellowstone. I guess my recommendation is remember it is a Ski Resort attempting to have more summer activities.

• travelgourmet's Profile Photo

THE BUNNERY: BEST BREAKFAST IN TOWN

by travelgourmet Updated Aug 30, 2011

Stuck in the back of the Hole in the Wall Mall, it is found by the lines of patrons waiting to get their fill of the best breakfast in town. A quaint courtyard eatery sits out front for the summer and inside are a couple of rooms filled with tables to sit the hungry local or traveller. You can purchase items to go as well.

The interior is very clean and even though crowded, it is easy to relax over a hot cup of coffee and try to decide what mouthwatering dish to order from the menu. If you really become addicted to the pancakes, no need to worry when you get home. Just put up their website and order on line. Flapjacks coming up, table number 3.

Favorite Dish: You can't go wrong with any of the dishes offered, but for me the most fantastic buttermilk pancakes filled the bill. Well, I had a couple of basted eggs and some bacon to go with it, oh and a side of hash brown potatoes. Yep, pardner, this is the old west and you pack it in for a full day ahead.

Breakfast is calling
    • Seniors

• Bob_Shan's Profile Photo

Snake River Grill: Snake River Grill

by Bob_Shan Updated Apr 4, 2011

Great services and food, the restaurant has been in operation for more than 25 years and still expecting long queues every evening.

Kitchen closed 10pm everyday

Favorite Dish: The SRG special potato pancake with smoked salmon, Slow-roasted pork and sea food.

Balcony

• rstary's Profile Photo

Couloir: Top of the mountain

by rstary Updated Apr 4, 2011

We enjoyed the cuisine and we appreciated the ability to mix and match menu items. They had a four course $65 offering or a five course $75 offering. This allowed you to pick one entree and any other matching menu items. If you wanted two starters and a dessert with your entree, you were able to do that! If you want an entree and three desserts, go for it!

Favorite Dish: I would suggest the buffalo tenderloin. The soup du jour was squash which I thoroughly enjoyed. MAKE SURE THAT THE LAVA CAKE IS ONE OF YOUR FOUR OR FIVE COURSES! Unless you don't like chocolate. Then there is no hope for you!

• Skiing and Boarding

• pbud01's Profile Photo

The Bunnery: World famous bread!! OSM

by pbud01 Updated Apr 4, 2011

The bunnery is a great bakery that does all sorts of breakfasts and lunches (check out their website listed below), but they're most famous for their OSM Bread, a 3 grain bread that is unbelievable

Favorite Dish: I buy the bread and use it for french toast, toast, sandwiches, You name it.

• Fishing
    • Skiing and Boarding

• KimberlyAnn's Profile Photo

Cadillac Grille: My Experience Didn’t Match the Reviews

by KimberlyAnn Updated Dec 7, 2010

I had read reviews for the Cadillac Grille on the Tripadvisor website, and out of the 59 reviews that were posted, 29 rated the restaurant as excellent, and 11 as very good. Only 10 people thought the restaurant was below average. AAA gave it a three star rating, plus the restaurant has been written up in Bon Appetit twice, but I was less than impressed. Maybe I just ordered the wrong thing, or maybe we had a substitute cook, or a lesser cook, as we only ate a lunch here, but I would be hesitant to try it again. It wasn’t a terrible lunch, but far from outstanding. My husband had fried calamari, and it was a huge serving, so I shared a little with him. It was good, but we have had better. We both had the French Onion Soup. He liked it better than I did. It was very salty, and had so much melted cheese in it, that it was hard to eat. I had a chicken satay, and although the sauces were quite nice, the chicken was way over cooked, dry and tough. If I ever went again, which is highly doubtful, I would definitely stay away from chicken.

Some of the other items that I could have chosen from were Buffalo, Elk, and beef burgers, a large variety of sandwiches, and salads. I checked out their dinner menu while I waited for my lunch. It looked quite interesting with steaks, braised bison brisket, a number of fish choices, lamb, and a wild game mix that looked really interesting. This mix included buffalo ribs, elk steak strips, and wild boar sausage.

The decor was contemporary and casual.

The prices were about average for this type of restaurant.

Tables Inside the Cadillac Grille Tables Inside the Cadillac Grille

• Tom_In_Madison's Profile Photo

Dornan's: Best possible view

by Tom_In_Madison Written Jun 1, 2010

Great location inside Grand Teton Nat'l Park, and not too expensive considering...
    Had a roasted vegetable sandwich.
    They have seating inside, on a deck and upstairs on the roof. I sat up there with one couple. View can't be beat.

Nice view?

• travelgourmet's Profile Photo

MILLION DOLLAR COWBOY BAR: SADDLE UP FOR A DRINK

by travelgourmet Updated Apr 19, 2010

Put on your cowboy boots and grab your 10 gallon hat, we are off to the Million Dollar Cowboy Bar. This is one saloon you should not miss if you are in Jackson Hole, Wyoming. In fact, if you are going anywhere within 100 miles, this is the place to wet your whistle, blow your horn, or dance a jig. The beautiful Knobbled Pine interior comes from western Wyoming forests. The horse saddle seats at the bar take some getting use to if you don't ride horses but after a Jack Daniels, neat, no rocks, you should be able to settle into the saddle and whoop it up. True western bar, true drinking.

This location has everything western. The memorabilia collection to view is great and the paintings and decor are pure americana. Dancing and live music every night. A gift store is at the front of the bar with logo items to remember your visit. Downstairs is the Million Dollar Steakhouse with a little bit of something for everyone. Even the interior and exterior was filmed with Clint Eastwood in the 1980's movie "Any Which Way You Can". Be a cowboy for a day, stop by the Million Dollar Bar and saddle up.

Favorite Dish: The "Bar" is noted for serving Jack Daniels whiskey and the Million Dollar Bar is the largest outlet for single barrel in the northwest. So far, over 10 barrels have been drunk. (one barrel is equal to 240/750ml bottles).

Downstairs is the Steakhouse with a collection of starters and main course dishes that you may have never tried. For starters try the Buffalo Stuffed Ravioli or the Rocky Mountain Elk & Huckleberry Sausage. Hey, try them both. Nothing beats a great Rib-Eye Steak and the 20 oz. Cowboy Cut is the one to try, if you are a really hungry cowpoke.

SADDLE UP AND DOWN A JACK, DANIEL'S THAT IS.
    • Singles

• pfsmalo's Profile Photo

The Bunnery, Jackson.: Lovely breakfast.

by pfsmalo Written Dec 19, 2009

I don't know why bakeries in this part of the world are also excellent restaurants, but they do seem to make it a speciality here. The Bunnery is no exception, serving a fine breakfast at reasonable prices.

Favorite Dish: Lovely buttermilk pancakes with a couple of easy-over eggs on top!!!!!

• pfsmalo's Profile Photo

Nani's genuine Pasta House.: Disappointed!!!!

by pfsmalo Written Dec 19, 2009

Quite frankly, if it hadn't been for the pretty waitress and the service, I'm not sure that I would have paid for what we had. The pasta was re-warmed and the sauce was over-cooked. I've eaten some pretty dire stuff in Africa but not at these prices. The place itself is nice enough with a nice atmosphere and as it is right next to El Rancho motel where we were staying, after a hard day's walking in the park, we thought, great!!!! Unfortunately the food is not up to the standard of the surroundings.

• pfsmalo's Profile Photo

Billy's Giant Hamburgers.: Best hamburger for years.

by pfsmalo Written Dec 19, 2009

Not much room to move about in this burger joint, but well worth the crush for the "Burgers to die for". A long time since I tasted burgers this good and so much meat in it I had trouble fitting it in my mouth. Really delicious. Same price as McDonalds but twice as filling.

Favorite Dish: See above.

Inside Billy's.

• richiecdisc's Profile Photo

Snake River Brewing: Jackson's Living Room

by richiecdisc Updated Dec 17, 2009

Snake River Brewing kind of snuck up on me. Oddly enough, I had been there in 1994 but it didn't ring a bell as being all that great. As it turns out, it had opened that year and breweries change over time and the best ones get better. This was the case with Snake River. Maybe they got a better brewer or the one they had improved with practice but it won Small Brewery of the Year at the Great American Beer Festival in 2000 and 2001. Many of their beers have won many awards too but enough of the accolades, how about the place?

Well, Snake River is affectionately called “Jackson's living room” due to its popularity with locals. This is one place that bases its business on serving its own and not a rip-off tourist operation. Tourists flock here too. We sure did-three times! It was that good. Ok, maybe we were just thirsty from all that backpacking.

The pub is a fair-sized place but not so big you're going to get lost. Ceilings are high and kettles are visible through big glass windows that seem to go from floor to ceiling. The bar is long and snake-like but as big as it was, there were no spaces at it either time we visited. The first visit, we sat at a table as this was to be a reward meal for our first backpacking trip in the Tetons. Service was friendly and quick. The atmosphere was boisterous and pretty loud. It wasn't music, it was people talking in highly animated fashion.

We ordered The Ropper to split and a Truffle Mushroom Pizza. The Ropper was stacked high house-braised brisket, applewood-smoked bacon, caramelized onions, white cheddar & horseradish mayo on a freshly baked bun. It was big and it was tasty. We were hungry. We devoured it. The pizza was no slouch either and had fire-roasted mushrooms, fresh sage, summer peppers with marinara sauce, mozzarella and goat cheese. We finished up by splitting their freshly backed on the premises Molten Chocolate Zonker Cake which incorporates their lovely stout in the recipe.

Favorite Dish: Of course, the reason for coming was the beer and we enjoyed quite a few of their many beers on tap: 1) AK Session-on cask-Amber w/creamy head and malty nose. Well-balanced English-style w/ nice balance and clean finish. Nice especially after thee days of backpacking in the Tetons! 2) Ber-Lander Weisse-unfiltered lemony looking brew in Berliner Weisse family. Very refreshing tart flavor and a fine example of a dying style. Very surprising. 3) Dim-Wit-Light golden brew w/ fruity grainy palate. Thinner on flavor than first two beers but still nice. 4) Vienna Style Lager-Deep amber w/ tan head. Great example of a Marzen or Vienna lager with malty, spicy palate. Clean but not overly dry finish. This is the kind of beer that Munich should be serving at its famed Oktoberfest and what those brewers used so make. Excellent. 5) Guido's Kolnerbrau-Light golden w/ fluffy lasting head. Crisp, clean hoppy palate w/ great fruity malt balance. This place can really brew German style beers! 6) Pale Ale-Deep golden w/ creamy head and great floral hop nose. More of an IPA than a simple pale ale & no wonder it won a gold medal at World Beer Cup. Big malt, enough to balance ample hops. Dry but not overly bitter. Long floral finish. Quite nice. 7)Zonkers Stout-Black w/ tan head & coffee nose. Rich bitter palate w/ espresso notes well-balanced w/ chocolate malt & fair hops. Well-matched with their Molten Chocolate Zonker Cake. The beer was so good, we picked up a six-pack of a beer they did not have on draft that day. In bottle: OB-1-their organic brown ale-mahogany w/ creamy tannish head. Roast malty brew w/ rich mouthfeel & enough hops to dry out offset any over sweetness. Very easy to drink.

The two meals, many beers, and generous tip came to $55.

The Ropper & Truffle Mushroom Pizza
    • Beer Tasting

Instant Answers: Jackson

Comments

Jackson Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Jackson restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Jackson sightseeing.