Jackson Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Jackson

Wind River Brewing Company: A Better Microbrewery in Pinedale

by WheninRome Written Aug 14, 2009

Wind River Brewing Company

Located in Pinedale (about 45 minutes south of Jackson), I found both the beer and the food at the Wind River Brewing Company to be world's better than the Snake River Brewing Company in Jackson. I had 2 meals here, 1 before the backpacking trip and 1 immediately after. Thus, I know that the great food was not simply a result of it being the first meal I had back in civilization after a week on the trail.

I found the beer at Wind River to be excellent. Far better than Snake River's beer. And, of course, the prices in Pinedale are much less than in Jackson. This is a much better (and far less crowded) experience than the brewery in Jackson.

Favorite Dish: I found all of the food to be good. I had a Gayle Force Ale and the beef stew before the trip and a steak sandwhich and another Gayle Force Ale after the trip. Everything on the menu looked excellent.

• Beer Tasting

• Merry Piglets: Great salsa!

by KryFreeman Updated Aug 12, 2009

Just north of the square next to Ripley's, this little place has the best salsa I've had for a long time. There's a long wait for tables, but it's worth it. FYI, it's Tex-Mex. They make everything to order, and they even make their own tortillas and chips. I ordered chips and salsa to go at the end of the meal because it was so good. Cute pig murals on the walls.

I was surprised that this place was as good as it was, since Jackson is a tourist town and this location is right off the square. The waitress wasn't the most attentive, but not too bad, either. I just wish they would franchise to my state!

Favorite Dish: Wife had fish tacos and I had the mixed fajitas. Good stuff. Even better the next day as leftovers (flavors had time to meld, I guess). The chips were thin and warm, and the salsa was flavorful. I called later to ask about the recipe, and they said it's "a secret." Nice blend of fresh ingredients in all of our dishes, and plenty of food for the $$.

No hormones in the meat and it's pasture raised, and no MSG, hydrogenated oils, or lard.

• National/State Park

Million Dollar Cowboy Bar: Have a Drink for the Experience and Then Go

by WheninRome Written Aug 11, 2009

The Bar

The Million Dollar Cowboy Bar is a bar - not a brewery as the selected theme may indicate. 100% bar.

I had great memories from this place when I was in Jackson Hole in my very early twenties. This place is probably best suited for those in their early twenties, but I was amazed at how many 40 to 60 somethings were in there swilling down expensive drinks. One in this place was enough for me.

This was actually one of the first places I went into upon getting into downtown Jackson after my plane arrived. I hadn't eaten in about 8 hours and I remembered this place from my previous trip so I went in and had a seat on one of the saddles at the bar. I ordered a beer and then food (at a separate ordering window), a buffalo burger as they were out of elk, which I've never had.

The beer was a Snake River Brewing Company beer (marked up 50 cents per pint) and the buffalo burger was bad.

You have to go in and take a seat in one of the saddles at the bar for the experience. Have a beer or softdrink or whatever your thing is. And then leave.

Favorite Dish: None. It's all about the experience. Food is about average price (for bad food) and the drinks are average to a little above average.

• Motorcycle

Snake River Brewing Company: Decent Beer - Not So Decent Food

by WheninRome Updated Aug 11, 2009

Snake River Brewing Co.

I went to the Snake River Brewing Company twice while in Jackson Hole - once for a beer and dinner and once just for a beer. The brewery was packed and had a lot of locals so it must have something going for it. Personally, I thought the food was sub-mediocre and the beer to be mediocre.

For food, I had a buffalo chicken sandwhich and fries, which were both pretty pathetic. There was 4 times more bun than chicken, which was a tiny and tasteless filet. The fries were soggy and under-cooked. Perhaps just a bad night in the kitchen? The guy to the left of me at the bar had a pizza, which looked slightly better, and the guy to the right had fish and chips - he sent his meal back due to it being under-cooked and received another.

I consider myself to be an amateur connoisseur of microbrews and feel lucky to have a breweries such as Great Lakes Brewery and the Buckeye Beer Engine so close in the Cleveland area. Perhaps I am even spoiled by these microbrews and by the wide selection of U.S. and international handcrafted brews available in my area. Regardless, I was underwhelmed by Snake River Brewing Company's beers. I tried 3 different beers: their Snake River Lager, a Double Fistin IPA and their Dim Witbier. Of those, I found the Witbier to be the best, but even it far from knocked my socks off. In fairness, another local told me that their best seasonal beers are made in the winter.

Still, after a long day on the trail or in the shops, the Snake River Brewing Company offers a nice evening respite for a couple beers and snacks (eat dinner at your own risk). I particularly enjoyed taking my pint outside to enjoy in the beautiful Jackson Hole weather. It sure beats spending a fortune in 1 of the downtown establishments, where they sell Snake River's beer and mark it up 50 cents to a dollar per glass.

Favorite Dish: I did not have a favorite dish. Dinner was not worth getting. Stick with the appetizers and the beer, or just the beer.

• Beer Tasting

Bubba's: Jackson's Best Restaurant at a Reasonable Price

by WheninRome Written Aug 9, 2009

Bubba's Bar-B-Que Restaurant

Of the moderately priced restaurants I ate in while in Jackson Hole, Bubba's was the only one that I was not exceptionally disappointed in. In fact, Bubba's was quite good. Before heading to the Bridger backpacking, I had a very good dinner there of fried catfish, hushpuppies, beans and coleslaw. The morning after my return from the Bridger, I went there for breakfast and had a huge meal of biscuits and gravy with a couple eggs onthe side. Bubba's was voted best breakfast in Jackson. In my opinion, it should have been voted best lunch and dinner as well. It was the only restaurant I found in Jackson that was reasonably priced with good food. When I asked locals what they recommended, Bubba's was the most frequent response. I was surprised by how bad most of the restaurants were in Jackson, but I was impressed by Bubba's. Expect a wait, albeit a short one as they get people in fast. Also, Bubba's isn't fancy and I did not go to any high end restaurants, judging from the cost of the artwork in town, I am sure there are some good expensive restaurants around.

Favorite Dish: The southern catfish was excellent. I don't think you could go wrong with any of the BBQ. The hushpuppies were also outstanding. My biscuits and gravy for breakfast were good, but it was not the best sausage gravy I have ever had. Somebody nearby got what looked like french toast that looked very good.

• alireiner's Profile Photo

teton steak house: Jr and Senior specials

by alireiner Written Jun 19, 2009

Western, with a great salad bar. Fresh fruits, melon slices and giant strawberry's. 13.95 senior dinner "me" that includes the soup andsalad bar. and a wonderful breakfast buffet, that is kept fresh for around $5.00 coffee and juice extra.

Favorite Dish: Breakfast the home made french toast that need no syrup, and GREAT biscuits and a light gravy.
    dinner: Chicken fried steak, or popcorn shrimp.

• Seniors

• Ewingjr98's Profile Photo

Million Dollar Cowboy Bar

by Ewingjr98 Updated Jun 11, 2009

during our one night in Jackson we had dinner at the Million Dollar Cowboy Bar at the advice of my friend Laura. We quickly found this restaurant just a few blocks form our hotel. We walked in the ground floor and saw a huge bar with numerous pool tables and an dark, quiet dance floor. We wanted dinner so they staff pointed us downstairs where, they said, we could find another bar with a TV so we could watch the MLB playoffs. We wandered downstairs and back to the bar where we were greeted by a very friendly bartender who was originally from Ohio.

We started with a few beers while we helped the bartender find the game and our beers. The specials sounded great so we both quickly chose the elk chops with blueberry reduction sauce, potato, and vegetable. I was a little concerned about the blueberry sauce being too sweet, but it was a nice compliment to the salty and well-cooked elk meat. The sides were also very tasty, but no real comparison to the excellent elk. A great meal! Unfortunately we didn't realize the elk was $45 a plate until we were getting ready to pay and leave. Our total bill was $106 before tip!

On the way out of the bar we checked out the upstairs with their cowboy displays and the mounted mountain lions. Great place, but more expensive than average.

• Ewingjr98's Profile Photo

Signal Mountain Lodge, Grand Tetons National Park

by Ewingjr98 Updated Jun 11, 2009
    The view from our table

When driving from Jackson to Yellowstone via Grand Tetons, we decided to stop for food. In October, however, most park facilities including restaurants are closed, but luckily we stumbled onto the Signal Mountain Lodge. Here we had a great breakfast overlooking Jackson Lake, in a scarcely populated dining room with great service and some unique and tasty dishes.

We started with coffee, and dad ordered the pancakes. I had one of the omelets that was packed full of onions, mushrooms, and some great elk sausage. Our meals were around $20 for both.

The Signal Mountain area also has cabins, a gas station & small grocery store, and a tiny marina with boats on the lake.

Stiegler's: Stiegler's

by Bob_Shan Written Aug 7, 2008

An Austrian Restaurant and Copper Bar, run by Peter, an Austrian chief and Skier.

It is decoration is elegant while comfortable, with outdoor sundeck, and a nice bar. Restaurant opens 5:30-9:30 pm, bar opens at 5pm till late.

Favorite Dish: Wiener Schnitzel

The Cadillas Grille: The Cadillas Grille

by Bob_Shan Written Aug 7, 2008

A chic downtown restaurant right by the town square. Great settings and services, foods are fresh and very tasty.
    Recommend to try steak and fish.

Kitchen open till 10pm everyday, bar is even later.

Favorite Dish: Mixed grill plate - Bison, Elk, Fish.
    Oyster

Mani's Genuine Pasta House: Nani's Genuine Pasta House

by Bob_Shan Written Aug 7, 2008

Downtown Italian restaurant, all ingredients are imported directly from Italy. Main courses are good, however dessert is less so as they were altered towards American taste.

Favorite Dish: All antipasti & insalate choices are great. As for dessert, you may try "Grand Teton Tiramisu" - it is a huge portion, looks like the Grand Teton mountain, but tastes so so.

• travelgourmet's Profile Photo

BUBBA'S BAR-B-QUE: BAR-B-QUE HEAVEN

by travelgourmet Updated Jun 22, 2008

BUBBA'S BAR-B-QUE IS HARD TO SPOT

"Look fast, look right, and look hard while on US Highway 98 near the bend in the road heading south out of town, a joint called Bubba's". That's what I was told when I asked about a good Bar-B-Que restaurant. Also was told the place was not much to look at, but hey, the food is good.

And good it was. The wait can be a while but the line moves quickly. Go inside and put your name on the waiting list as soon as you arrive. Went twice and it was just as nice. Inside is nothing to write home about, at least for decor ( plain tables and benches), but the service and food are excellent. If I stayed longer in Jackson Hole, I might have gone more times, it was that good. Every kind of smoked, bar-b-qued meat is available as well as many other dishes.

Favorite Dish: Well, this is a tough one. Went the first time at lunch and had a pulled pork bar-b-qued sandwich. Yummy, great flavor and tender to the touch, at least my mouth did touch the pork before I devoured the sandwich. Curly fries and cowboy beans are sides not to miss. Dinner was another time consuming decision, but the combo of beef, chicken, and pork was the best choice.

• Seniors

Bubba's Barbeque: BYOB

Bubbas

One of the more popular restaurants in Jackson, I wish I had eaten here twice. I was seated pretty quickly, as I only needed a table for one and there were a lot of larger parties. The tables are packed a little tight, so you might listen in on an interesting conversation. No booze is served. I ended up with a turkey barbecue platter, which came with a couple of sides and salad bar. The meat was fantastic - tasty, tender, and moist. The salad bar was a little light on the options, but that was a minor quibble. Like most places in Jackson, the cost exceeds the perceived value of the meal, but this was really close (just under $20 after tax and tip.) Highly recommended.

Moo's Gourmet Ice Cream: Ice Cream

Moooooo!

After a disappointing dinner, at least I was able to score a decent dessert. I found some Moos in the back of a western wear store along the main street across from the park with all the antlers. They have a little "soda-shop" area in the back, where they dish out generous portions of the homemade ice cream. I tried the English toffee. It was a little light on the toffee side, but still good nonetheless. Hard to beat for $3!

• PinkFloydActuary's Profile Photo

Teton Steak House: Sizzler?

Teton Steakhouse

This place is located just off the main street through Jackson. I stopped in around 6:00 my first night there, hungry for a steak. The format is much like a Sizzler - the cuts of meat are on a big board, you order, take your drink to your table, and they'll bring out your food. I went with the fillet, which came with potato and salad bar. The salad bar was decent - the fixings were fresh and there were plenty of choices. They also had a soup bar, but I didn't try the soup of the day. The steak arrived fairly quickly after I ordered it. I was seated next to the line for taking orders, and that got a little unnerving. The steak was fair, but with tip and a beer, my bill was almost $35. This in no way was a $35 meal. So, unfortunately, I have to say it was an overpriced meal - a bit disappointing.

Instant Answers: Jackson

Comments

Jackson Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Jackson restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Jackson sightseeing.