Jackson Shopping

• Jakson Hole Buffalo Meat Co Factory Store
    Jakson Hole Buffalo Meat Co Factory...
    by travelgourmet
    Inside
    by kokoryko
    From the first storey
    by kokoryko

Best Rated Shopping in Jackson

Jackson Hole Wildlife Co.: Old Riffles

by filipdebont Updated Sep 1, 2007

Of course there were also the typical souvenir shops in the Jackson city centre, which were selling the typical souvenirs like the postcards, the magnets, all kind if gadgets with your name on, .....

But this one shop was also selling old riffles

That would be great to buy, but what with the high security at the airports, it would never work out to get these things on an airplane.

So again it was not the ideal souvenir to take home (if you are from overseas).

What to buy: an old riffle

What to pay: I have no idea

old riffles

Indian Trader: Wooden statues

by filipdebont Updated Aug 26, 2007

Opposite the Jackson Hole & Greater Yellowstone Visitor centre there was a souvenirs shop which attracted my attention, as there were a great number of wooden sculptures along the street.

So I decided to take a look across the street. There were a whole row of beautifully sculptured Indian statues, and to the sides there sculptured bear and moose statues which where holding Welcome signs - great stuff they were selling here

There was also the biggest totem pole in Wyoming (said the note on the totem pole) - and to be honest it might be possible - but I must say that it was the only totem pole that I did see during my Wyoming roundtrip, well . . . if it is the only totem pole, then it is automatically the biggest one . . . am I right or am I right?

What to buy: some wooden statue to put in your garden

What to pay: depends on the size of the wooden statue you want to buy

Wooden Indian statues the shop Moose and Bear - Welcome - sculptures

Jackson Wildlife Co.: Buying dead animals

by filipdebont Updated Sep 1, 2007

The shop which was selling the old riffles, was also selling dead animals.

Maybe they had used these riffles for killing the animals?

There were all kind of local (dead) game for sale here.

It is great to see stuffed animals in kind of a museum, but who buys these things?

Who puts a giant stuffed black bear in his living room?

I have no idea

So great to look at, not a good idea to buy, any way no chance you pass customs in Europe with such a dead animal.

What to buy: a dead animal ?

What to pay: I hope a lots of money

dead bear . . . sure he is dead ? Moose Buffalo big bear bighorn sheep

different shops: Buy a Cowboy hat

by filipdebont Updated Sep 1, 2007

It was great to walk around in Jackson and to visit all (not all, but a lot) of the typical shops which you can fins in the streets that surround the city square, lets say the city centre.

One of these shops was a shop which was only selling hats.

Wow, I did see some beautiful ones (read expensive ones) in this shop.

And no, I did not buy a typical hat because:
    1. Too expensive
    2. It was the beginning of my trip, how to keep it decent
    3. Once I come home, what I do with it? ?

What to buy: a real cowboy hat

What to pay: from 15 US$ to . . . . . . .

a real Stetson lots of choice

• kokoryko's Profile Photo

YIPPY I-O candy Co: Sweets and candies, by barrels. .

by kokoryko Written Nov 25, 2007

“Killing time” in the evening, walking in the streets you may step across this candy shop; if you are with kids, be prepared to spend some time inside and to carry heavy bags. . . I wouls have liked to have such a shop not far from my house when I was a kid!
    Colours, shapes display are just beautiful! I loved to look into the barrels, full of sweets, tens and tens of candies on the shelves and old or old fashioned boxes, metallic boxes like in the sixties. It is really worth to have a look in this shop and the personal is not at all putting pressure on the potential customers, which is for me a very good point.

What to buy: Candies, candies, candies, ah! and other sweets!

View from the entrance Barrels of candies!! And all these colors!

• travelgourmet's Profile Photo

JACKSON HOLE BUFFALO MEAT CO.: BUFFALO JERKY SENT TO YOUR HOME

by travelgourmet Updated Mar 23, 2012

Most people have tried beef jerky even turkey jerky but have you ever tried buffalo jerky, hands down the best of jerkys and the Jackson Hole Buffalo Meat Co. has it in all weight sizes. Not only great jerky but they also have almost any cut of buffalo from buffalo burgers to t-bone and filet mignon. The prices might be a bit steep for some, but there is something for everyone who craves a little buffalo.

I tried several samples from buffalo salami to buffalo roast and I could not resist buying the buffalo roast, cuts like butter, and the jerky. They even have elk jerky and cuts of elk. Gifts of these items are a hit back home. Jams and syrups abound in this store and the owner, Dan Marino, cousin to the football player same name, is a friendly, talkative person, eager to share his tales of buffalo with you. By the way, gift packs are available as well. If you stop in to try or buy, say hello to the owner, Dan Marino for travelgourmet of VT.

What to buy: Buffalo Jerky is the hot item in this shop, but hard to resist the Buffalo Salami and the Italian buffalo sausage

What to pay: Buffalo are not that plentiful and the herd is culled each year with government sanction, so the price is a bit on the high end but the high nutrition, lower fat, calories and cholesterol than beef, pork, turkey, skinless chicken, and some fish, according to Dan Marino, owner of the Jackson Hole Buffalo Meat Co. make Buffalo a gourmet's delight.

Jakson Hole Buffalo Meat Co Factory Store Rack filled with buffalo and elk jerky Dan Marino, Jackson Hole Buffalo Meat Co. owner

• kazander's Profile Photo

Ranch Shop: Fantastic Finds

by kazander Written Sep 2, 2005

I had been looking all over for the perfect Turquoise jewlery to bring back as a souvenier of my honeymoon. I searched many, many shops until I came across the Ranch Shop on my last morning in Jackson. All the pieces I had seen before were outrageously expensive, and to tell the truth not even close to being the perfect things for me. She informed me that thy purchased all of the jewlery directly from the Navajo, so I could be assured it was authentic.
    The very helpful saleswoman at the Ranch Shop helped me find a gorgeous cuff bracelet and a lovely necklace. I was so happy!

What to buy: The shop not only sells jewlery, but also a wide variety of other gifts. It's not your typical t-shirt and magnet souvenier store though. The Shop has a nice selection of "mountain and western" products and the quality is very good.

What to pay: The prices are very resonable, especially when compared to some of the other stores

Ranch Shop
    • National/State Park

• kokoryko's Profile Photo

Jack Dennis: A wonderful outdoors shop

by kokoryko Written Nov 25, 2007

If you plan to have some outdoors activities, there are several shops in Jackson which may have what you need or what you forgot before arriving there. I was looking for a propane cartridge for my French outdoor burner and of course the first shop I went in did not have what I needed; the employee told me “try Jack Daniels, opposite the city square on Broadway Avenue”. Well, strange name. . . and after few minutes I found. . .Jack Dennis! Well for outdoors, it sounds better than the famous bourbon; my French ear is not fully used to the Wyoming accent. . . . .
    All sorts of clothes, fishers equipment, maps, guides, boats, and of course all what the trekker needs, and. . . the propane cartridge I was looking for. This shop is two-storey having lots of choice and the employees made me a good competence impression. From outside, this shop looks quite nice and even for only a visit it is worth to step in.

What to buy: Outdoors gear; almost everything is there.

What to pay: From a few dollars to thousands of them !

View of the shop from the corner of Central Square Inside From the first storey
    • Adventure Travel

• KimberlyAnn's Profile Photo

Coldwater Creek: Women’s Clothing and Fashion Accessories

by KimberlyAnn Updated Dec 4, 2010

Coldwater Creek is a nice shop for quality and stylish women’s clothing, plus accessories such as purses, jewelry, belts, and scarves. You will also find items such as candles, pillows, small decorative items, and frames for photos. The interior is pleasant, with wood floors, and lighting that isn’t too bright or too dim. This is a chain, with stores in various cities, however, we do not have one in my small home town. When I saw this one in Jackson, knowing I needed an additional gift for my daughter-in-law‘s birthday, I stopped in. I found a number of items I thought she would like, and settled on a nice, stylish sweater. I also purchased a set of four square candles, and a holder, for a good friend back home.

What to buy: Anything for the women or female friend in your life, whom you would like to purchase a special gift for, or if you are a women, shop for yourself.

What to pay: This is not a discount store, but it is not the most expensive store either. I paid about $55 for my daughter-in-law’s sweater. Of those looked at, prices ranged from $40 to $100.

Coldwater Creek, My Favorite Women's Shop
    • Women's Travel

Instant Answers: Jackson

Comments

Jackson Shopping

Reviews and photos of Jackson shopping posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Jackson sightseeing.