Lander Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Lander

• Basaic's Profile Photo

Cowfish: Don't Be Fooled; Good Food

by Basaic Written Mar 14, 2015

Cowfish. $22 as of March 2015. Cowfish does not look like much from the outside but they have a varied menu of tempting dishes that include pasta steaks, chicken and seafood. The food is well-prepared and well-presented but like many "fancy/trendy" restaurants could have bigger portions. They have a microbrewery on site so you can try some beers too. My waitress was good and professional. Probably the best food in Lander! Not cheap!! Hours are 5 PM to 9 PM Monday through Thursday, and 5 PM to 10 PM Friday and Saturday.

Favorite Dish: I enjoyed Grandma's Spaghetti and Meatballs.

Cowfish
    • Beer Tasting
    • Luxury Travel

• basstbn's Profile Photo

Gannett Grill: A Great Find!!

by basstbn Updated Apr 4, 2011

There weren't many places open on a Sunday evening in very early June, but that turned out to be NO PROBLEM, as we found the Gannett Grill with its delightful patio. Months have passed since our visit, so I don't remember exactly what we had to eat (a burger perhaps), but what did not escape me was that it was really good. Pizzas are their menu specialties, but there are plenty of other choices, too. Our service was quite slow, but I believe it was due to a mix-up, and not a regular occurrence. The menu states that each order is cooked to order, so to not be in a hurry.

If you check out their website, you will discover that I have downloaded their image for use on this page, as mine was bad due to poor light at the time.

Gannett Grill (photo from their web site)

• toonsarah's Profile Photo

Gannet Grill: Casual open-air dining

by toonsarah Updated Apr 4, 2011

The Gannet Grill is part of the complex known as the Coulter Block, towards the eastern end of Main Street. The block also includes the Lander Bar and Cowfish Restaurant, which was shut on our Memorial Day visit. The Grill is quite a casual dining experience. You place your order at the counter and find a seat inside or on the outdoor patio, and pretty quickly the food will come to you! There's a decent range of staples such as burgers, pizzas, salads etc., and the prices are very reasonable.

Favorite Dish: I had one of the daily specials, a tasty wrap with chicken, bacon, spinach and blue cheese. My husband enjoyed his Reuben, and we had a couple of soft drinks. The bill for this simple but good meal was just $19.

Lander Bar at the Gannet Grill

• CThomasB's Profile Photo

Cowfish: Small Town Excellence

by CThomasB Updated Apr 4, 2011

Cowfish is a restaurant/brewery/bar with high quality food and atmosphere. As the title suggests, they serve beef and seafood dishes, but they also have chicken, pasta, and more. The restaurant combines great style and art in a historic building. You can come here for anything from a fancy dress-up dinner in the dining room to a casual chat at the bar (Snake River Brewery shares the building) to a family gathering outside on the porch. The service was very friendly and attentive and even gladly changed one of their standard dishes when I asked.
    Cowfish is part of the Coulter Block, which also includes Gannett Grill (a more casual place with a great original menu) and Lander Bar in the building next door. You're likely to run into people from all over the country and world here, because both places are favorites of NOLS students and staff (the National Outdoor Leadership School's national headquarters and hotel are a block away).

Favorite Dish: I arrived at NOLS a couple days early and explored the town for a while and the first day there I went to Cowfish just as they were opening during the day and I was the only person there, so I was greeted by the whole staff and had all the service I wanted. I sat outside on the porch and started with the Chicken Quesadillas, which were maybe the best quesadillas I've ever had. For the main course, I had the Pasta With Salmon, and they added shrimp to it for me, and it was unbelievable.

Cowfish Restaurant
    • Study Abroad

• Cowfish: Wonderful Trout, Flank Steak, Beer

by samiam67 Written Aug 7, 2006

We had wonderful personal service from the Owner. Plus, the food was wonderful! We had been on vacation for two weeks and were quiet surprised by this little town!

Favorite Dish: Flank Steak, tender and favorful and Trout, moist and clean tasting!

• Beer Tasting
    • Business Travel

• the highway man cafe and...

by john-coleman Written Aug 26, 2002

the highway man cafe and truckstop and taco johns and taco bell and dairy land drive-in
    these resturaunts are all quiet family type resturaunts that aren't crowded and the service is personable and professional but yet homey

Favorite Dish: their home cooked buffet at the highway man
    soft shelled tacos at taco bell and taco johns
    and the chocolate malts and senior burger at dairyland drive-in

Instant Answers: Lander

Comments

Lander Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Lander restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Lander sightseeing.