Laramie Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Laramie

• Jefferys Bistro: Just Horrible People and Food

by JohnJohnsons808 Written Aug 9, 2012

Walked in and everyone staired at us as if we were aliens from another planet. We are spanish. Kinda sad for Aug 7th 2012. $10 bucks for a one kims portabello sandwhich that is the size of a McDonalds $1 Cheeseburger. accompanied by 8 Count them 8 Kettle Cooked potato chips. I asked to see if there was a mistake and the said this was the correct serving. This is exactly true of what took place folks and to top it off I am not a soda pop drinker. So, we asked for water and received a container of water which we poured ourselves for two people/a couple and water was warm. Had to request a ice and another glass and we waved for the waiter to come back and he took another 10 min and we did not touch or eat anything and stated this is not good service and portions are way to small for the price which they were asking and gave a review of all the problems. I would not go here people.

Favorite Dish: none

• Business Travel

• atufft's Profile Photo

Jefferys Bistro: Authentic and Updated Laramie Cuisine

by atufft Written Apr 4, 2008

Jeffery's Bistro

After eating corporate roadside junk food for two weeks, I had to walk into an old downtown for a locally prepared meal. Jeffery's had been recommended by a bookstore clerk, and I wasn't disappointed. The atmosphere of red brick inside that looks out past a canopy to the historic downtown was quite pleasant. I had a full meal for about $20, which turned out to be a real culinary bargain. Three days later in Salinas, for example, my co-driver says to me, "Let's go to Outback. That's my favorite restaurant!" Outback Salinas by comparison was a rip off meal for $34-, and though the exuberent juvenile service was good, I won't visit that place for a long time to come. The Jeffery's chefs in contrast, prepare an eclectic menu of dishes with ample proportions, and then the full meal option includes soup or salad, a drink, and one of the freshly baked desserts. It was bitter cold outside so I choose to sip hot green tea and consume a cup of a gorgonzola and feta cheeze soup that was rich in fresh tomato flavors. I ate a pasta with chicken chunks and a light cream sauce that was described as being Hungarian, probably because of the garnish of freshly sliced red onions on top. For dessert, I chose the Jackson Walnut pie, which was sort of like a pecan pie with chocolate and walnuts. There is a fine list of wines and beers, and the main dinner and dessert menus are much more full that I can describe here. See the link below.

• Architecture

• rockonkash's Profile Photo

Love Joys: Creamy Potatoes!

by rockonkash Written May 17, 2007

Love Joys is a decently-priced, decently-decorated, and decent-tasting restaurant in Laramie, Wyoming. The only thing that makes it special is its delicious mashed potatoes! Yum! Also, the entire restaurant turns into a bar around 10pm every night and the ambience is a lot more enjoyable during this time. Also, it's one of the other good places open on Sunday! Compared to the other places to eat in Laramie, Love Joys is definitely one of the top places.

Favorite Dish: My favorite DISH is probably the Sunshine Crunch sandwhich with a side of mashed potatoes and water with lemon. It's a nice twist on the ordinary turkey sandwhich and, for only $7.50, it's pretty nicely priced.

• JKSmithPE's Profile Photo

Altitude Chophouse & Brewery: Great Food - Snooty Service

by JKSmithPE Written Jan 26, 2007

We were driving from Alabama to Washington State - On night 3 we stopped in Laramie and read an ad for the Altitude Chophouse. My Wife had a steak and I had the Chipote Honey Pork Tenderloin preceeded by lobster bisque - the food was really good, great actually.

The food was overshadowed by the service. We were seated by a snooty gal. My seat faced a blank wall. The waiter took forever to take and fill orders. He glowered at us when we failed to order booze. Normally I would think, this is just slow, bad service, however it seemed that some customers got better treatment than others- We got the less then premium "others" treatment.

The food was so good I would suggest that you go there, but if you get seated in the corner at a postage stamp table - get in their face and demand better.

Favorite Dish: New York Strip
    Twelve ounce New York, grilled to your liking and served with creamy mashed potatoes. Topped with fried onion slivers. $17

Chipote Pork Lion $13

• toonsarah's Profile Photo

Lovejoy's Bar & Grill: Good beer and food

by toonsarah Written Oct 5, 2006

Sunday night in Lovejoys

We found ourselves in Laramie on a Sunday evening and the place wasn't exactly buzzing! There were only two downtown restaurants open: Overland and Lovejoys. We'd already eaten in the Overland earlier in the day, and I like a bit of variety, so we chose Lovejoys and weren't disappointed.

There was a great atmosphere with a varied clientele: students, familes, couples. Our server was friendly and apologetic when there was a short delay in bringing our food (a delay we hadn't even noticed!)

The bar serves microbrews from Altitude - I had the wheat beer which was very good.

Favorite Dish: There was a wide choice including burgers, wraps, tex-mex, salads. I went for the enchilladas which were very good.

• toonsarah's Profile Photo

The Overland: Sunny patio

by toonsarah Updated Oct 5, 2006

Mural overlooking the patio

We had brunch in the Overland, a cafe/restaurant in the downtown area near the railroad tracks. We sat outside on the patio which was sunny and sheltered from the breeze. The food was very good, and the service was friendly but rather slow - this might not be a good place to come if you're in a hurry.

Although at midday on a Sunday the atmosphere was quite casual, the restaurant has a licence and seemed to do a good range of more elaborate meals in the evening.

Favorite Dish: I had a great mushroom and swiss cheese omelette and my husband enthused about his andouille scramble (said the sausage was good and spicy!)

• 78Eva's Profile Photo

Altitude: Excellent happy hour, good beer and food

by 78Eva Written Feb 9, 2005

I really going going to "Altitude", an appropriate name considering Laramie is 7200 feet high.
    It's a bar and restaurant downtown, and the best thing about it is that it brews its own beer! And it's excellent beer, too. they have a few kins - our personal favourite is the India Pale Ale. But the "High Plains" one is good, too, as is the "7200"/
    The food is good, too. although perhaps not excellent, they have pasta, burgers, some suhshi and nice desserts.

Favorite Dish: I like the beer and the other drinks the best. They have decent burgers and desserts.

• Beer Tasting

• jarik's Profile Photo

Altitude Chophouse and Brewery: Best pint you'll find!

by jarik Written Feb 24, 2004

The food at Altitude is a wonderful combination of the simple and the complex. The lunch menu consists of your standard fare of burgers, salads and sandwiches but with a few extras thrown in.
    The dinner menu though takes a turn for the better with wonderful meals. The chef responsible for all meals at Altitude has got to be the most imaginitive and talented person in the culinary arts. There is such a wide variety of meal options from steak to seafood to the truly unique.

Favorite Dish: My current favorite is the blacken shrimp tacos. They are on both the lunch and dinner menus. With just the right combination of seasonings and spark they can fulfill even the most descerning pallet.

• Beer Tasting

Instant Answers: Laramie

Comments

Laramie Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Laramie restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Laramie sightseeing.