Lusk Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Lusk

• toonsarah's Profile Photo

Pizza Place: Very disappointing

by toonsarah Updated Jun 23, 2007

We'd been looking forward to visiting the Pizza Place for several days before our arrival in Lusk. Pizza is my husband's favourite food and I'd told him all about the two glowing reports on this restaurant on VT. Boy, were we disappointed!

Firstly, you need to know that you have to go to the counter to order your pizza. There weren't any signs to tell us this but the queue made it obvious enough. There were no menus on display so we couldn't use our time in the queue to decide what we wanted to eat, and on reaching the head of the line had to decide quickly. Never mind, it all sounded good so we made our choice, and grabbed a couple of sodas. No one told us that we could have ordered beer from the Pub next door although we worked that out later by watching the locals - another disappointment as we'd have preferred to do that had we known. In fact, our whole experience suggested that this restaurant isn't geared up to serve out-of-towners and didn't see them as a priority in comparison with the local clientele.

Well, we then had to find somewhere to sit, and that wasn't easy as the place was packed with noisy families. Eventually we found somewhere, and sat down to wait. We waited ... and waited ... and waited. OK it's good that the pizzas are cooked to order so we didn't expect fast food, but when 40 minutes had passed and we still had no food I went back to the counter to ask what the problem was. The very surly girl who'd served me then did what I considered the last straw for this place and lied to me. She claimed that she'd warned us at the point of ordering that the pizzas would take an hour because they were busy and short-staffed, but I know for sure that she hadn't as if she had we would have probably decided to eat elsewhere - or at least discussed it.

Finally when the food did at last arrive there was no cutlery with it and the knife dispenser was empty. It took several more minutes for anyone to respond to my request for knives before we could, at last, cut into and eat those pizzas!

Favorite Dish: And were the pizzas any good? Well, they were fine - not the best we've ever had by a long way, but OK - though certainly not worth putting up with that very poor service.

One of the reasons we love our visits to the US is the absolutely excellent customer service and the friendly welcome we get almost everywhere. I guess there had to be an exception to that rule - and I guess we just found it!

• yooperprof's Profile Photo

The Pizza Place: It's Really Really Good!

by yooperprof Written Oct 5, 2006

pizza worth stopping for

You're not going to believe how good the pizza is here! You walk in the door, and you know right away: this is a restaurant that is owned and managed by people who really care about pizza. How and why it's here in Lusk, Wyoming - that's a good question! But you should definitely check it out if you're in the neighborhood.

The crust is excellent. It comes out of the oven crisp on the outside, bready and a little chewy on the inside. Real New York pizza ovens. I was also impressed with their red sauce.

It's one of life's mysteries why some locales have good pizza - Lusk, Chicago - and other places do not - Central Florida, St. Louis. Perhaps there ought to be Congressional hearings?

• Beanamo's Profile Photo

The Pizza Place: Mouthwatering Pizza

by Beanamo Written Aug 13, 2004

How often do you expect to find a fantastic, reasonably priced pizza place in a small town? Well Lusk has one! The Pizza Place is located in one of the older buildings in the "downtown" area. The atmosphere is casual and the decor is a little bit western. There is a comfortable mix of locals and people passing through. The greatest part about the Pizza Place is that if you should happen to be drinking at the Pub next door, you can have your pizza brought to you without having to leave your beer!

Favorite Dish: My favorite menu item was by far the calzone. There was plenty of meat and cheese and the bread is yummy. If you are a fan of salad, any of them are great. Unless you are planning on sharing, I'd reccomend a half-order of salad, otherwise you can hardly see over the mound of lettuce and fixins. But no matter what you do, save room for dessert! The cinnamon bread stix are wonderful! They come to your table piping hot with a cup of sinfully good frosting for dipping. mmmmmmmm good!

Instant Answers: Lusk

Comments

Lusk Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Lusk restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Lusk sightseeing.