Nightclubs and bars in Wyoming

Most Viewed Nightlife in Wyoming

• richiecdisc's Profile Photo

Snake River Brewing Patio: forget the Moose, head to Snake River

by richiecdisc Updated Dec 17, 2009

The best nightlife in Wyoming is the great outdoors. There's no better place to be at sunset than out in nature, enjoying the abundant beauty that is this wide open state. There are times I guess when you want to mosey into civilization and enjoy some creature comforts. My first time in the area I checked out the Mangy Moose. It was a big boisterous place in Teton Village, some ski resort kind of place with typical pub grub and an fair selection of local beers.

On this most recent trip, there was no need to return there. Though I had been to Snake River Brewing on that trip also, it had gotten so much better since that first trip that every night spent in the civilized town of Jackson was spent at Snake River Brewing. The had a great patio that was a perfect place to sit as the sun went down. You could sort of be in nature while enjoying their great happy hours snacks and of course, their superlative house-brewed beers. Prost!

Along with some inexpensive appetizers, pints are only $2.50 between 4-6:00. Nice homemade soft pretzels are only $1 and come with very good homemade beer mustard. We ordered another almost immediately. We also had a fair sized plate of nachos which was good quality and very inexpensive at $3. These proved perfect accompaniments to their super high quality beer which at $2.50 a pint is a steal. It's on wonder we came back a third time.

This time we tried the following beers on tap along with some favorites from the first visit, of course: 1) Rolling Thunder Dortmunder0Light golden & full-bodies Germanic lager w/ ample malt & a fine, crisp, dry finish. Who said lagers were for lightweights? I was disappointed that they did not have their Kolsch on tap this day but this one made me forget it. 2) Golden Buck-Light golden & fairly full-bodied English style pale ale. Thirst quenching & fruity w/ nice semi-dry finish. Nice. 3) Custard's Last Ale-Deep golden maltier big brother of their Golden Buck. Very full-bodied w/ rich bready malt balanced with ample dry hops. Bitterness prevails in the end. Not quite as nice as their normal pale ale which was disappointingly not on tap our last two afternoons.

We spent $22 and $40 for food/beer with tip respectively on our second and third visits.

Dress Code: Outdoorsy does the trick.

house-baked pretzels & house-brewed beer

• 807Wheaton's Profile Photo

Bar J Chuckwagon Ranch: Dinner and laughs at the Bar J Chuckwagon

by 807Wheaton Written Jul 8, 2007

We went to the Bar J Ranch for a Chuckwagon Dinner and live entertainment. What a great show. We got there in plenty of time to purchase our ticket look around at their outdoor acitivities and gift shops.
    We were ushered in and seated family style on long benches and long tables. We got acquainted with most of the folks around us and behind us, exchanging information about where we were from, what to see and how to best see it. The couple next to us was celebrating their 42nd anniversary as were we. They were married on the 5th and we were married on the 4th of September.
    We lined up and walked through the building to get our own food. I got the chicken and my husband got the ribs. All meals included beans, applesauce, bisucits, spice cake and lemonade and coffee. Brian and the other owners of the Bar J served us the lemonade and coffee.
    After dinner we saw the show which was wonderful western music and funny skits.
    Brian was a real hoot dressed as "Granny". I can laugh about it now, a year later when I think about how funny it was. They offer CDs of their music and the show.
    We made reservations for this show about two months ahead of time.

Dress Code: None

Entrance to the Bar J The Bar J Chuckwagon Ranch Bar J Chuckwagon Ranch, Wilson, Wy Dinner at the Bar J Entertainment at the Bar J
    • Seniors
    • National/State Park

• Erin09340's Profile Photo

The Million Dollar Cowboy Bar: A fine place to saddle up to the bar

by Erin09340 Written Jun 9, 2005

The Million Dollar Cowboy Bar is well known. They have saddles instead of barstools, have a varied beer selection, and make a decent cocktail. They also have a full restaurant, but I've never eaten there.

It's a fine place to have a cocktail or beer, enjoy the atmosphere, and chit-chat. I don't think I'd make a night of the place though, Those saddles aren't terribly comfortable.

• Got_Snow's Profile Photo

Know as the LB to locals: The Lander Bar Halloween 2002

by Got_Snow Updated Apr 21, 2004

Here is a pic of my friends and I (Big Pimpin on the right) at the Lander Bar this Halloween. It was quite the party! A good time here is not too hard to come by. Local yet tourist friendly hangout. Local micro beer, Snake River, is brewed next door and is always on tap.

Mike, Becky, Cecilie, Got_Snow
    • Music

• Got_Snow's Profile Photo

The Lander Bar and Grill: The Lander Bar and Grill

by Got_Snow Updated Apr 21, 2004

Live music every Friday and Saturday night. Great locals hangout, and friendly mellow atmosphere for 'out-of-towners.'

Dress Code: When it is warm: Shorts, t-shirt, sandles or you may dress up if you prefer.

When it is cold: Down jackets, jeans, hiking boots, or whatever keeps you warm and happy!

The Cowfish Restraunt and Bar nextdoor to the Lander Bar offers fine dining and a smoke-free environment.

Lander Bar and Grill

• Hobbitual's Profile Photo

Only got two places worth a...

by Hobbitual Written Aug 26, 2002

Only got two places worth a drink or two. The Rancher and the Cowboy Bar. Good music at the Rancher and you can sit on saddles at the Cowboy. And if you feel up to it, try the mechanical bull at the Cowboy. It'll get ya.

• Pawtuxet's Profile Photo

The Playhouse in Jackson Hole: Saloon show

by Pawtuxet Updated Jan 18, 2003

We enjoyed an evening at a charming little saloon type theatre in the old western town. The show was hilarious. I'm sure you could find it...town is so small...

• Theater Travel

4 Reviews - 13 Photos
South Pass City Hotels
10 Reviews - 45 Photos

Instant Answers: Wyoming

Comments

Wyoming Nightlife

Reviews and photos of Wyoming nightlife posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Wyoming sightseeing.
Map of Wyoming