Rock Springs Travel Guide

Mining Memorial
    Rock Springs Historical Museum

Rock Springs Things to Do

by filipdebont Updated Aug 18, 2007

It was a great experience to visit this Flaming Gorge Recreation Area.

Rock Springs was the ideal place for me to stay here, also the following day I needed to continue my journey towards Grand Teton and Yellowstone.

It was great loop around the Flaming gorge Recreation Area, with some splendid viewpoints, and one very dirty, dirt road.

Read more on my Flaming Gorge Recreation Area page.

Sheep Creek Canyon

Rock Springs Hotels

Rock Springs Restaurants

by filipdebont Updated Aug 15, 2007

This restaurant is located just near Exit 99 of Highway 99 in Rock Springs.

As I had passed there, I noticed that there where a lot of big trucks on the parking lot.

And that is always a good sign, as these guys who are always on the road; know for sure where you can get a descent meal, and where the service is good.

As I entered the restaurant, it was completely full, but there was the possibility to sit at the bar to eat. So that was what I did. And that was pretty funny sitting in between these professional drivers.

As the restaurant was full, the waiter told us that it would take a bit longer before our food was ready, but that was no problem, as I was in good company.

The food tasted just great, there was plenty and the service was very friendly.

Favorite Dish: I had a wagon Master Steak : over one-half pound of lean ground beef steak, topped with grilled onions, fresh sautéed onions and fresh vegetables, there was the choice of mashed potatoes or French fries - 9.19 US$

and 2 Samuel Adams beers @ 4 US$ (great beer)

Wagon Master Steak Cruel Jack's Restaurant

• by angeal Updated Jul 20, 2007

This is supposed to be a nicer restaurnt. Wow, talk about unimpressive. I asked the wait person what they could make vegan. She thinks a minute and says, "We could do a chef's salad without cheese". Uh, huh, so can I, in fact I do it every day at lunch. Okay, so since they can't be bothered to, golly, boil up some pasta or something, I guess that's what I'll be having while everybody else at the table has real food. She brings it along with some gelatinous product that was supposed to be Italian dressing. For our nice company dinner out I had a couple of slices of bread, two slices of tomato and a few shreds of onion with olive oil (that I had to ask for) left over from the bread. I will never be going back to this place. The other people's meat-er food looked all right, hardly what I'd expect for the prices though. The service was unbelievably slow. By the time everybody got served (in batches) we'd been there two hours. For me, it amounted to going to a restaurant hungry and leaving starving.

Favorite Dish: None.

• Business Travel

• by angeal Updated Mar 31, 2007

Great place for lunch, huge selection of sandwiches and burgers. They have at least two items on the menu that are vegetarian and can be made vegan if you ask for no mayo and no cheese.

Favorite Dish: Eggplant and Portobello mushroom sandwich on whole wheat.

• Business Travel
    • Desert

Rock Springs Transportation

by filipdebont Updated Aug 18, 2007

I have booked my car via the company Holiday autos.

This makes it much easier, as it is in your own language, if you have problem you can call their office.

First I was searching the internet to rent a car, but there are so many different companies, like Alamo, Hertz, Avis, Budget, ...

And they all heave different ways in giving their prices (with or without a number of assurances), that makes it really hard to compare; also there are the hidden extras.

And then after a long tiring flight you stand there for the rent a car desk, and then they propose all kind of extras and assurances, and then it is sometimes very confusing to know what you really need.

So the advantage of booking via Holiday autos was that everything was included, so no more extras, of course at the desk they always try to sell one or more extra insurances, but a simple no does it

After the booking you receive a voucher, and upon arrival you present this voucher at the rent a car desk, a few signatures, and you can explore the American Highways.

The rent a car firm was Alamo.
    And for the 21 days I paid 681 euro, which is 32.4 euro a day.

My car was a red PT Cruiser – Cryssler.

my red PT Cruiser

Instant Answers: Rock Springs

Comments

Rock Springs Travel Guide
Map of Rock Springs