Teton Village Travel Guide

• Things to Do

Teton Village Things to Do

• by TravelBoi8 Written Aug 20, 2012

WARNING
    I visited Teton Village on August 17 and upon arrival 50% of the village was closed to the public due to private events - weddings and political fundraisers. We were going to take the gondola to the Deck bar and have a drink, but was unable to. Only the tram was open and one bike lift. Many restaurants and shops where closed. Nowhere on the Teton Village website was this closure posted. This closure was not only on August 17, but also August 18 and August 19, the whole entire weekend. Money talks in Teton Village! Only the 1% get to see 100% of the resort and experience the mountain. BE AWARE! You may arrive like I did and have most of the village closed by the elite. I'll be spending my time in Jackson instead!

• boevis's Profile Photo

by boevis Written Aug 27, 2004

If you're driving you'll likely see this en route, but it was worth a special trip for me. I went on a bus trip with Alltrans and had a great time, although it cost about a hundred bucks once I'd paid extra for the pick-up from Teton Village and the park entrance fee. That said, our driver really knew his stuff and I got a lot more out of the day than I would have driving myself around.

• National/State Park

• Teton Village Hotels

18 Hotels in Teton Village

443 Reviews and Opinions

Teton Village Hotels

Teton Village Off The Beaten Path

• boevis's Profile Photo

by boevis Written Aug 27, 2004

It's a long walk at high altitude. but worth it. You can walk up the Rendezvous Mountain, down the other side into Granite Canyon and then follow the canyon around the northern end of the ridge and back along the Valley Trail. The far side of the mountain is uninhabited, which makes for great views and real quiet. I started walking at about 5am so that the big climb would be finished before the sun got too intense. You can ride the tram up for 19 bucks and walk down through the valley which cuts the distance from 20 to 13 miles and gains you 4000ft altitude painlessly, but from what I saw they put a lot in each car so you'd miss some good views.

• Hiking and Walking

Instant Answers: Teton Village

Comments

Teton Village Travel Guide
Map of Teton Village