Know about this? Rate It!
What are hot springs?
Favorite thing: Hot Springs are deep channels through which water flows from the molten interior of the earth; closer to the surface in Yellowstone than anywhere else on the planet!
The Park's headquarters & largest visitor center are at Mammoth.
MAMMOTH HOT SPRING
Favorite thing: See for yourself the amazing MAMMOTH HOT SPRING: In the northwest corner of the park, hot water rises through beds of limestone (instead of lava) & shaped balconies & colorful steaming terraces of Travertine (Calcium Carbonate).
Favorite thing: CANARY SPRINGS: Part of the MAMMOTH HOT SPRINGS. Named for its yellow algae growing along the edges, it is the most active of the springs in the main terrace.
Favorite thing: MINERVA SPRINGS: Located within the lower terrace group. One of the most beautiful in the park because of its array of brilliant colors & ornate travertine formations.
Mammoth Hot Springs
Favorite thing: this is an extremely interesting and photogenic thermal area. This photo comes from the internet, since my old ones have faded miserably.
- Low rate guaranteed!
- Otel.com No booking or cancellation fees! Book with otel.com & get 5% bonus
- Huge discounts - Book online!
- Hotelsclick.com The Best Hotel Rates on the Internet Great rates always include taxes. Secure booking.
Yellowstone National Park Travel Guide
Explore the World
- El Matador State Beach Hotels
- Ranjangaon Ganpati Hotels
- Ang Mo Kio New Town Hotels
- Mauritius Hotels
- Steptoe Butte State Park
- High Point State Park Hotels
- Pass Christian Hotels
- Lake Koshkonong Hotels