Mammoth Hot Springs Hotel, Yellowstone National Park

• KimberlyAnn's Profile Photo

Mammoth Hot Springs Hotel: A Wonderful Restaurant in Mammoth Hot Springs

by KimberlyAnn Updated Aug 21, 2011

Mammoth Inn, Taken By My Husband

Mammoth Hot Springs Dinning Room has great meals in an attractive dinning room. Located near the historic parade grounds of the Mammoth Area, we have never been disappointed with our meals here. The last time we ate lunch here, my husband had bratwurst boiled in beer, then grilled with apple sauerkraut. I had a wonderful Chicken Curry Pot, which contained shredded chicken, carrot, and potato pieces with mild curry wrapped inside a flaky pastry shell. It was delicious! These menus may change from year to year, but if they have this dish next time we eat here, I would get it again. This restaurant is open early May through early October, and also has a short winter season.

• Dymphna1's Profile Photo

Ice cream shop

by Dymphna1 Updated Aug 27, 2009

peeling paint

Just had a snack here. But was amazed to find that they ask guests to separate out garbage for recycling. That needs to happen in more places before recycling can be a reality. But then we need more places to take the recycling to make that happen.

Outside needs paint!

• PALLINA's Profile Photo

Mammoth Hot Spring Dining: ok for park standards

by PALLINA Updated Jul 22, 2009

It's the nicest dining option in Mammoth; the ambience is quite big but the service is rather accurate and tables are not to close. Menu does not differ a lot from the standard park's average but prices are honest and the choice is rather wide. Opens at 6.30 am in the morning, good for early birds (in general it's good to get up early in the park, the light is better to take photos and places and walking paths are not so crowded).

Favorite Dish: I had a good vegetarian hamburger (but I am not vegetarian at all)

• Segolily's Profile Photo

Mammoth Hot Springs Hotel: The best of the trip

by Segolily Written Mar 3, 2008

In a separate building

We thoroughly enjoyed the friendly service and great tasting food at the dining room in Mammoth. Maybe it had something to do with the fact that it was our only option, but even so, it outshone the Obsidian at the Snowlodge in Old Faithful by a mile.

• kazander's Profile Photo

Mammoth Hot Springs Hotel: Dining at Mammoth

by kazander Updated Sep 29, 2005

Mammoth Dining Room

Mammoth is pretty smiliar to all the other big resturants in the park. Spacious main room with high ceilings, dinner rolls they must crank out by the thousands, same drink menu with names like "Morning Glory Cocktail" (it's blue...surprise!) ect... Xanterra runs these places like well oiled machines. I guess they figure if it ain't broke don't fix it. I must say though, the food is really not bad at all. It just gets a bit monotonous after you have been in the park awhile.
    I think since the atmosphere is "eh" you might as well go to the cafeterias for some meals, save yourself some money, the food is all pretty simliar....

Favorite Dish: I think, if I remember correctly, that Lou and I just shared some appetizers here. All I can really remember is the rolls....

• pulgaron's Profile Photo

Mammoth Grill: Mammoth Springs Restaurant and Lounge

by pulgaron Updated Sep 12, 2002

Mammoth Springs Restaurant

This building houses the Mammoth area restaurant, Lounge, and grill. One can ususally find something to quiet the stomach in one of these three places.

Favorite Dish: Believe it or not the restaurant serves a serious prime rib, and the lounge has the only TV I saw in seven days.

Instant Answers: Yellowstone National Park

Comments

Hotels Near Mammoth Hot Springs Hotel
4.0 out of 5 stars