El Mirasol, Buenos Aires

by Dizzyhead
  • sfphototraveller's Profile Photo

EL MIRASOL: EL MIRASOL STEAKS

by sfphototraveller Updated Oct 11, 2009

I ordered the Lomo 300 grains 53 and a pepsi 9 Cubiertos 9=71 Total= around $ 18

The Steak was thick hot juicy a bit rare in center but juicy soft tender=Excellent.
    Table bread was include I just ate the bread sticks. They did not give me butter or Chumchurri sauce.
    I arrived on a Sunday around 3 pm. It was full I waited inside front when bonita chica directed me to a waiter. Waiter ask if I wanted to sit upstiars I said ok.
    It was less crowded upstairs and most people were getting there steaks or about to leave. when I got my steak.

• Dizzyhead's Profile Photo

El Mirasol: Try the Cojones.

by Dizzyhead Updated Jan 28, 2009

Good food and little too much service for a backpacker as me. I enjoyed it, but I would never have enough money to go here every day or night.

Favorite Dish: The meat from the cows in Argentina. I also tried criadillas (cojones) , balls from a bull. Good. I am not usually used to eat other's balls! But now I have done and it was really delicious.

• El Mirasol: Best parilla in the city

by elderc Written Nov 11, 2006

It's a restaurant chain with three addresses. They have a big menu with a lot of options from good salads to giant argentinian meat cuts. Try the "panqueque de dulce de leche" as a dessert. The service was wonderful and they even gave us a little gift after we payed the bill.

• midnight_mike's Profile Photo

El Mirasol: Great steak in a swank restaurant

by midnight_mike Written May 15, 2006

I heard about this steakhouse/parrilla from Frommer's. If you want to know why Argentina is so famous for its beef, come here with an empty stomach and indulge. Many business people come here, so you might have to make reservations. If not, you can wait at the bar for a table. You should also wear your best clothes, as almost everyone there is dressed up. Steaks do not come with anything, so if you want a baked potato or something else you will have to order it separately. El Mirasol has a very good wine selection as well. The wait staff is friendly and very helpful.

Like most things in Argentina, the prices are amazingly low for Americans and Western Europeans. A bottle of wine, a 12-ounce steak, a 24-ounce steak and two baked potatos cost $40!

• Business Travel

• Matravel's Profile Photo

El Mirasol del Puerto: Come see the sun

by Matravel Written Nov 7, 2005

The location of this restaurant is Puerto Madero which mixes the architectural design of the old docks with the modern features installed during the renovation of the port.
    El Mirasol is a very pleasant modern restaurant with big windows overlooking the dock. Some areas of the restaurant are well lit but others can get a little bit dark. Noise has never been a problem, music is kept low.
    The staff is very efficient even when asked for something atypical. However, if luck is not on your side, you might get a new waiter that might not change your cup in between different wines, or give you a wrong cup (He eventually confessed he was new). This of course is a bit irritating since we were top price for both wines.
    This is the only restaurant I’ve visited where the non-smoking section is really enforced.

Favorite Dish: Argentinian meat is the best choice in this pleasant restaurant. It’s kind of elegant, so try to dress up a little (everybody seems to be very well dressed in Buenos Aires anyway).
    The menu comes with an English translation, so it’s very easy to order. As soon as you sit down you get a complementary small empanada or if you have to wait for the table, a glass of champagne.
    Try to get a small appetizer, remember you MUST save room for the meat. But if you can’t help it, I recommend the Chinchulines de Cordero (Veal tripes) usually for 2 or Morcilla (you could share but I usually eat it all by myself), both rather “exotic” but yummy.
    I enjoy rather small "cortes" basically because I’m able to finish all. The Asado de Tira or the Lomo are both 300-400 grms. My husband usually gets the Butterfly Beef, or Baby Beef, both ENORMOUS (about 1kg).
    The menu also has good selection of salads which are fresh and well prepared. I should warn you that the vinaigrettes might be a little too sweet.
    If you still have room for dessert, try the Dulce de Leche Crepes or a dish of cheese.
    The wine list is superb, although a bit expensive. And the maitre d is always around to help you decide.

There are also other options in the menu in case there’s a Vegan in your group (chicken, salads, soups, fish, etc) .

• Luxury Travel

Instant Answers: Buenos Aires

Comments

Hotels Near El Mirasol
3.5 out of 5 stars