El Trapiche, Buenos Aires

by cjg1
  • vtnyc's Profile Photo

El Trapiche: Palermo Hollywood's Best Bife

by vtnyc Updated Apr 4, 2011

The grilled meat at this place was magnificent. From the fillet steaks to some really delicious pork flank.

I had the bife de lomo for lunch.

If you like spicy food, try their chimichurri sauce. I was literally sweating bullets when eating this stuff it was so hot and I have a high tolerance for hot food too.

Many locals were in this restaurant. Not many tourists around.

Good size servings too.

Favorite Dish: Spicy chimichurri.

• chrisbilal's Profile Photo

El Trapiche: Hearty and tasty comfort food

by chrisbilal Written May 22, 2010

This restraunt doesn't do anything fancy or extravagent - it gives good Argentine comfort food at reasonable prices.

The menu is large and varied with every possible kind of meat you can imagine (asking for a vegetable in Argentina will get you a slice of chicken) as well as a very thorough selection of Italian dishes.

Favorite Dish: I had the butternut squash ravioli and samples some of the beef ribs from my neighbor. It was excellent.

• sfphototraveller's Profile Photo

EL TRAPICHE: GET THEMATAMBRITO DE CERDO GRILLED PORKFLANK

by sfphototraveller Written Oct 12, 2009

I arrived on Monday Oct 12 a teachers day off holiday at noon when they opened I ordered the Matambrito de cerdo=Grilled pork flank. 47 pesos and coke= total 54 peso

The Grilled pork flank was excellent this was for 1 person and was served hot about 4 large slices on a metal plate. I could only eat 2 large slices. This is enough for 2 hungry people.
    They also have a larger version for 2 persons.
    The Grilled pork flank steak I ordered is Highly recommended in www.saltshaker.net/restaurant-review.
    They also have outside tables on the corner. When I finished a tour bus rolled up and let out around 40 persons who entered for lunch.

Favorite Dish: Grilled pork Flank steak. I also read that the Suckling Pig 140 Peso is a large excellent item.

• El Trapiche: Try the pig!

by IainJ Written Jul 7, 2009

While many go to El Trapiche for the standard parilla, its real signature dish is the suckling pig. For 140 pesos you get a salver loaded with half a pig, cooked to perfection with crackly skin and tender meat, surrounded by garnishes of roasted peppers and aubergine, onion and mushroom fry, and thick cut fries. It is meant for three, but four folks with normal appetites would struggle to finish, especially if you take starters.

We ate paired with a decent, Rutini Trumpeter Malbec, and water.

• Gypsystravels's Profile Photo

El Trapiche: One of our best meals in Buenos Aires!

by Gypsystravels Updated Mar 23, 2009

My half portion of the Bife de Lomo, YUM!

For our first dinner in Buenos Aires we decided to go to Palermo and have dinner here, another recommendation by members of FT.

We arrived sometime around 9:00pm on a Saturday evening to a restaurant 1/2 full, but by 10:00pm this restaurant was packed with people waiting outside to be seated, so if you decided to eat dinner here, my recommendation would be to come before all the Argentinians come for dinner which is before 10:00pm.

The restaurant is a nice size and they have a smoking and non-smoking section which is good. We were seated at a nice table in the back, away from all the commotion of people. The waiter brought our menu and took our dink order. I decided I wanted a glass of Malbec and ordered a small bottle of Trapiche Malbec which was quite good. Ferni decided to stay on course with Quilmes and ordered a few.

We had a large lunch at Palacio de la Pappa Frita that we decided to share a entree. The food would turn out to be the best we had during our stay in Buenos Aires.

I would definitely come back here and recommend this restaurant to anyone visiting Buenos Aires!

Favorite Dish: To start we ordered the mozzarella and olives. We decided to share a large portion of the Bife de Lomo and a side of mashed potato. The bife was huge and we were happy we decided to share it as the portion was just enough for us both. The steak was excellent, so soft and juicy that cutting it with the knife was like slicing through butter.

• Wilmera01's Profile Photo

El Trapiche: Worth the $$$

by Wilmera01 Updated Dec 13, 2007

You will not be disappointed with El Trapiche. Humongo portions and an extensive menu to satisfy any tastes. The bife de chorizo looked fab as did the bife do lomo. I saw some paellas passing by that looked deliciosos as well.

I ordered salmon with mushrooms and was quite pleased. The salmon was delicate and perfectly cooked. It came with a mushroom, onion, and round potato sauce that was scrumptious. Also came with delish mashed potatoes. They were flavored with something, but unfortunately I can't remember what! It was yellowish/orange and had a curry flavor to it.

Great place for groups, as the portions are large and there is lots of room for everyone. A bit on the pricey side for your BsAs parilla but worth it. I suggest sharing portions. My dish was big enough for two people for sure.

Being it's in palermo, there were tourists like us in the mix but the majority of people were locals. Post work crowd, decently dressed clientele. You don't have to dress up or anything to come here, just don't come in looking like a slob.

Favorite Dish: Salmone con mushrooms. MMMmmmm

• cjg1's Profile Photo

El Trapiche: Great time for large group dinner

by cjg1 Updated Sep 14, 2006

Exterior Sign

El Trapiche was a fantastic time. I am writing this a year after the fact. It was Saturday night dinner during the original Cow Do. We were a group of about 40 that night and in the back of the restaurant. A nice place with basically two rooms we had to walk all the way through and sit at the back of the back one.

Favorite Dish: The food was great here. The environment was better. I had the Bife de Lomo. Several appetizers were available and shared on the tables. My favorite was the smashed pumpkin.

The bottles the water came in were quite the work of art. I wish I had a pic of them but they were clear with either blue for “sin gas” or red for “con gas” strips and circles on them.

Instant Answers: Buenos Aires

Comments

Hotels Near El Trapiche
0 miles away