Havanna, Buenos Aires

4.5 out of 5 stars 2 Reviews

Caffe Mocha Blanca and Alafjor!
    by spidermiss
    Havanna
    by spidermiss
  • spidermiss's Profile Photo

Havanna: Famous for the Alafjores!

by spidermiss Updated May 1, 2011

I always thought Havanna was a cigar chain shop! But I was very wrong when I learnt that the shop is famous for the alofjores! On a rainy afternoon in Buenos Aires and to avoid gettting wet, I nipped in the cafe/shop for a cafe mocha blanca and one of their yummy alofjor. It wasn't cheap but I appreciate the quality of the coffee and the alofjores.

Favorite Dish: I had a cafe mocha blanca, which I never had before, and a alofjar, which was delicious.

Havanna Caffe Mocha Blanca and Alafjor!

• Dabs's Profile Photo

Havanna: Alfajores

by Dabs Written Apr 3, 2006

People in Buenos Aires must eat tons of alfajores, two cookies with dulce de leche in between two biscuits, there are Havanna shops selling these confections all over Buenos Aires and also sell them prepackaged in supermarkets.

We brought home a box as a gift for my mother in law, my sister in law took one bite and crinkled her nose, too sweet she said. So I finished it off for her, too sweet doesn't exist in my world LOL

I also tried one of their coconut cookies sold in a triangular wrapper, this was just like a macroon and I wasn't crazy about it.

Instant Answers: Buenos Aires