La Brigada, Buenos Aires

4 out of 5 stars 4 Stars - 11 Reviews

Estados Unidos 465 4361-5557

• Beef in a peppercorn wine sauce with potatoes
    Beef in a peppercorn wine sauce with...
    Beef and Mushrooms
    Whiskey Milkshake(September 2008)
  • cjg1's Profile Photo

La Brigada: Good Dinner, Great Dessert

by cjg1 Updated Nov 12, 2008

Beef in a peppercorn wine sauce with potatoes

La Brigada is an interesting experience. I have now been here twice. Both times were very good. We were here for Sunday dinner during Cow Do II and for dinner at Cow Do VI. We were seated upstairs for Cow Do VI with 4 tables of people. It was a night of crazy conversations and general good time later it was time to focus on the food.

Note. We were run out at midnight here during Cow Do II.

Favorite Dish: My first time here I had the Bife de Chourizo. It was very good and honestly you could cut it with a spoon. But as good as the beef was I must admit once the desserts came around I asked why we bothered with dinner and didn’t just go right for the desserts. I had the Tiramisu. It was FANTASTIC. Also had a try at the whiskey milkshake. I also tried a couple other desserts. They were all being shared. And to me is the reason to come here.

My second time here I had my own entourage as well as the Flyertalk vunch. Liz, her brother Rob, Mickey, Antoinette and Rich were all with me. We had some awesome food and incredible desserts. I was pleased everyone enjoyed their food and that Liz was able to have her favorite dessert: creme brulee.

***The provoletta here is incredible!***

• Dabs's Profile Photo

La Brigada: Beef!

by Dabs Updated Apr 22, 2006

La Brigada downstairs

I saw La Brigada recommended virtually everywhere I looked, we were close to the San Telmo branch after our walking tour so we headed over to have lunch. We got there just a bit after noon and there were few patrons but it filled up as it got closer to 1 pm. There are two floors, the upstairs is covered in football memorabilia, the downstairs a bit more ranch like. The menus are furry (is that cow hair?), everything on the table is stamped with La Brigada. I noticed that they whisked away the napkin ring holders almost immediately, I'm thinking a few of these "walk" away as souvenirs!

Favorite Dish: I love schnitzel so I tried a Milanesa Loma which is more or less a steak schnitzel. I thought it was a little dry, maybe that's how they are prepared here? It might have been better with a little sauce. David has a chicken schnitzel dish (I think it had Maryland in the name?) topped with a slice of ham and a fried plantain and crisp fries on the side, I liked his better than mine.

• Gypsystravels's Profile Photo

La Brigada (CLOSED): Great place for an excellent meal (CLOSED)

by Gypsystravels Updated Mar 24, 2009

I am so saddened to learn this place has shut it's doors as we had a wonderful meal here during our first trip in November 2007. We came back in November 2008 to closed doors, the sign wasn't even there.

• trvlrtom's Profile Photo

La Brigada: A classic favorite

by trvlrtom Written Aug 7, 2007

La Brigada

This traditional parrilla restaurant shouldn't disappoint you. The food is of good quality and the atmosphere is fine: a lot of futbol uniforms etc. During my midday visit during the middle of the week, the other customers were a mix of businessmen, locals and a few tourists. It's worth a return visit.

• La Brigada: Beef Extraordinaire

by jeavery Written Feb 18, 2005

La Brigada is a "parilla" or beef grill restaurant. It has been reviewed favorably in Fodors, Virtual Tourist, and other internet forums. I just want to add another positive recommendation to the list. La Brigada is small, but has an upstairs and downstairs dining room and a gaucho decor. The waiters are skilled and helpful and, while not fluent in English, can communicate adequately.

But the attraction is the food and, in particular, the beef. We shared a bottle of good wine and the bill for 2 people came to AR$104 or about US$36.

Don't bother coming before 8:00 pm - they won't be open yet! Because we had tickets for a Tango show nearby, we went in at 8:00pm and we were the first ones seated. But the place was filled by 8:45, some English-speaking but the majority were Spanish-speaking. I wouldn't try it without reservations. I also recommend taxis to and from at night.

Favorite Dish: My wife and I both had "lomo", a large filet mignon! The meat is so tender, the waiters trimmed them at the table with a tablespoon! And delicious - hard to find the right superlatives! Even the baby spinach salad was good and fresh. Freshly made rolls. Dessert was a superb "pancaque" (crepe) filled with "dulce de leche" (sweet, caramelized condensed milk).

• MM212's Profile Photo

la Brigada: Fine dining in San Telmo

by MM212 Updated Aug 17, 2009

La Brigada's exterior

Located in San Telmo, la Brigada is the area's best parrilla (steakhouse). Service is excellent and the food exquisite, which are served in a ranch-like dining room, but with white tablecloth and uniformed waiters. This is a great restaurant to end a morning or an evening in San Telmo, if you feel like having more steak, of course.

• moonfroggy4's Profile Photo

La Brigada Parilla: A carnivore's feast, well worth the long walk

by moonfroggy4 Written Nov 8, 2008

The feast

After checking out and rejecting the overpriced, posh Cabana Las Lilas, we opted for a late afternoon lunch at La Brigada (San Telmo location). We had a fabulous feast with very attentive service from our good-humored waiter, whom we called Ernest (as in Borgnine). His recommendations were on the spot and he even whipped out a fresh napkin to protect el sombrero, a white hat of recent purchase.

We enjoyed a bottle of wine, shared ensalata, and two vast cuts of medium-rare beef. Of course he performed the obligatory spoon-cutting ceremony; without needing to ask, he halved each piece of meat so that we could each sample the goodness.

The ambiance is not swanky - a bit cluttered with futbol memorabilia - but it matched the friendly service and laid-back atmosphere. La Brigada is not a luxury restaurant, but we found it to have excellent food and attentive service: a fitting place to enjoy our last feast in Buenos Aires.

• La Brigada: Very Over-Rated

by bleeper14 Updated Apr 1, 2008

Our local guide made a reservation for the 4 of us at lunch, claiming it was one of the city's most popular and fun spots, with excellent food. Well, it turned out to be noisy, crowded, over-priced, with inattentive service. The owner cruised the tables greeting his regulars as if he was something truly special, wearing a dirty polo shirt and looking like he hadn't shaved or showered that week. The food was miserable. I ordered ribs (had to be sent back because they were so undercooked they oinked the first time), the others ordered chicken which was very ordinary. We were jostled by other patrons and ignored by waiters. I couldn't wait to get out.

• linds51's Profile Photo

La Brigada: Steak Steak Steak

by linds51 Written Jul 13, 2008

All types of food available, but order the STEAK! Best we have eaten anywhere on the planet.

Staff are excellent and good humoured. Be sure to book if eating after 7pm.

Soccer is huge in Argentina and the walls are adorned with amazing memorabilia.

Favorite Dish: Rump steak was our order, and it came out as a roast was carved by a fork and spoon, yes spoon, not a knife at the table. Absolutely tender.

4 people eating three courses, with drinks got out ofr US$60 (2006)

• morochaargentina's Profile Photo

La Brigada: overpriced

by morochaargentina Written Feb 26, 2008

the food is VERY GOOD but not "amazing" as it used to be, the service is not too good either (slow and not too friendly)

it used to be very cheap and great food and very friendly staff. over the years it's become very famous and they have been getting more tourits than anything else and they have lower the value (the food is still very good, but not as cheap as before)

Favorite Dish: parrillada!

• jakelorenzo's Profile Photo

La Brigada: Classic Parrilla

by jakelorenzo Updated Oct 20, 2009

La Brigada is another famous steakhouse in Buenos Aires. We went to the one in Barrio Norte, not the one in San Telmo. The food is good, but not great. The big deal here is that the owner raises his own beef. Certain cuts are very good like the chorizo. The short ribs just didn't work. They were very chewy and tough. The salads were of little interest and drowned in dressing. The grilled sweetbreads were excellent. Decent wine list, but pricey and they don't allow you to bring in your own wine. The service was a bit gruff and insistent. They didn't appreciate our sharing dishes, for example.

Favorite Dish: Grilled sweetbreads had a delicious smoky flavor that went perfectly with the richness of the meat.

Instant Answers: Buenos Aires

Comments

Hotels Near La Brigada
3.0 out of 5 stars