La Cabrera, Buenos Aires

4.5 out of 5 stars 4.5 Stars - 9 Reviews

Cabrera 5127 4832-5754

• LA CABRERA on the corner in Palermo Viejo at Thame
    LA CABRERA on the corner in Palermo...
    KOBE BEEF
    SIDE DISHES WITH MY KOBE BEEF
  • jakelorenzo's Profile Photo

La Cabrera: Our Favorite Steak House

by jakelorenzo Updated Oct 20, 2009

Bife de Chorizo

La Cabrera is, hands down, our favorite steak house in Buenos Aires. It's a bit cramped and noisy, but that's half the fun. Everything we tried here was excellent, especially the morcilla Basque, the sweetbreads and the lomo. The steak is flavorful and more tender than the meat at other steakhouses. Their Ojo de Bife (rib eye) is monstrous and delicious. (Order your meat jugoso if you like it medium rare, and you'll be happy.) Most entrees come with 6-8 ramekins filled with side dishes like hearts of palm, eggplant, tapenade and tomatoes in guacamole. Sometimes there are so many ramekins brought to the table that it gets silly. Steak isn't the only thing they've got. The rabbit was delicious as was the pork. They also have wonderful salads. I recommend you split everything. Most dishes are either too large or too rich for one mortal to finish. There's a very decent wine list with wines priced from $12-35 US. There are two La Cabrera restaurants about 3 doors apart from one another. The food is the same at both. We ate once in each place. Both times the food was delicious and the meal with wine, tax and tip was less than $30 per person. The only problem here is that unless you get 8:30 reservations, you'll be waiting in line for quite a while, but it's Argentina and they pass out free Sparkling wine while you wait.

Favorite Dish: All of the steak cuts were good, but the lomo was exceptionally flavorful. The ojo de bife (rib eye) is a delicious monster. The sweetbreads are grilled, but unlike other steakhouses, these retained a lot of juicy texture along with the incredible charcoal flavor. Definitely our favorite sweetbreads in BA. A new favorite is Tira de Asado, thin cuts of ribs that are a bit chewy but so flavorful.
    The morcilla Basque is unbelieveably rich and flavorful with complex flavors and even has pine nuts. The hearts of palm salad is a huge portion comprised of large, tender palm hearts, wonderfully ripe tomatoes and 3 avocados. Just delicious.

• sfphototraveller's Profile Photo

LA CABRERA: KOBE BEEF at La Cabrera

by sfphototraveller Written Oct 15, 2009

KOBE BEEF

I arrived 12, 30pm Thursday at La Cabrera. I ordered the Kobe beef Med rare and coke = 102 pesos. The kobe beef came in 3 slices with side dishes. The Kobe beef was excellent. The table bread ok. The side dishes were excellent. Sweet potatoes, apples, mustard sauce, pears, mash potatoes, etc..

They have promo on there wine written on a board along different sides of the walls inside. They also have outside seating. I was full after eating mykobe beef and side dishes.
    The side dishes are included with my meal and were excellent. Customer starting entering around 1pm but was not full.

• MM212's Profile Photo

la Cabrera: Steak in Palermo

by MM212 Updated Aug 14, 2009

One person's order!

Although often described as a French bistro, la Cabrera serves Argentine beef with innovative and superb side dishes. Hugely popular, this restaurant is located in the trendy Palermo Soho district and attracts an equally trendy clientele. Yet, the atmosphere is a very casual and comfortable one. The quantities of beef served are enormous, and for a low price that would shock the New Yorkers, Parisians and Londoners amongst us! La Cabrera is one of the many fine dining experiences in Buenos Aires.

• Nicckie's Profile Photo

La Cabrera: The biggest Steak Ever!

by Nicckie Updated Dec 23, 2008

Take a look at that massive mound!

So this place is popular with tourists and locals and is always crowded, which may be the reason they opened another restaurant just down the block at La Cabrera Norte. We checked out the original one first on a Friday night around 9:00 pm and sure enough, there was no way we were getting seated there without a reservation. They sent us down the block and we immediately got seated, although the restaurant was still very busy and was only getting more crowded.

As it was our last night in town, we felt compelled to order Malbec and meat! Each dish that came out seemed bigger than the next and no dish I saw was served on a plate. It came out on a cutting board and nearly filled the whole thing up!!

The cut we got was a Bife de Chorizo that 2 of us split. This came with a number of tiny side dishes and dipping sauces - trust me, it was plenty of food! Because we ordered the cut "en punto" (or medium in English) the order took a bit longer, but was well worth it. I am not a fan of blood red meat and this was cooked to perfection with just a touch of pink!

Highly recommend putting this on definite list to check out while you're there...Enjoy!

Favorite Dish: Steak :-) Take a look at the pics and let me know if I need say more!

• fachd's Profile Photo

Novecento: International Cuisine

by fachd Written Jan 18, 2008

Without hesitation I recommend Novecento Restaurant in Palermo to anyone. Kim and enjoyed our lunch. I had fillet mignon (medium rare) and Kim had risotto. It was mouth watering; the steak was cook to perfection. I am not really a steak eater but with this fillet mignon I think I can become a carnivore.

You can sit outside or inside, we sat outside. The street was a quite when we were there. There are many dishes to choose from. The house recommendation on the day was grilled pacific salmon, steak au poivre and chicken brochette. We had Argentinean house wine (sauvignon blanc), it wasn’t too bad. If you go at night time reservations is recommended.

Hours: Daily noon-4pm and 8pm-2am; Sun brunch 8am-noon

• La Cabrera: Excellente!!!!!!! dont miss it

by Joroma Written Dec 30, 2006

This is a great place. We camr across it by mistake, but god are we glad we did. After living in BA for 6 months, I have to say this is one of the best parillas I have been to.
    The meat is excellent and comes with an assortment of mini vegetables on a huge chopping board. They serve wine by the glass and the starters are gengerous.
    We had a shared cheese and ham cold plate as a starter, followed by lomo pamplona which is huge and more than big enough for two!! with two trays of mini vegetables. Two glasses of wine and a dessert. All for 75 pesos for two, what a bargin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Favorite Dish: Lomo pamploma

• kiwigal_1's Profile Photo

La Cabrera: La Cabrera - Grillado and Bar

by kiwigal_1 Written Jul 19, 2006

La Cabrera is a very good place to sample Argentinian beef done in the grilled style. The atmosphere is pumping from about 9pm til late. You can come here earlier but if there was one thing that I noticed about Argentina is that the eat very late at night. It was not unusual to see children eating at 11pm with their parents!

Favorite Dish: You should choose the "Bife de Lomo" or the "Bife de Chorizo". The dishes come to the table as a big chunk of meat and you cut off what you want to eat. The plates are shared with your dining companions.

• La Cabrera: Best meat in town

by flipperandy Written Apr 25, 2006

For the best meat in Buenos Aires head to La Cabrera.

Address:
    Cabrera 5099
    Corner of Cabrera and Thames
    Palermo Viejo

The meat is fantastic with the best cuts of meat that you will find in town. The Bife de Chorizo is my favourite and enough meat to feed 2.

Get there early (it only opens at 8:30 pm) as it gets real busy when the locals go out. If you don´t mind waiting they will serve you Champagne to keep you happy.

ENJOY!!!

Favorite Dish: Bife de Chorizo.

This is a fantastic cut of meat that is about 500g and will get grilled the way you want it. Simple but amazing. This will come with a eclectic bunch of small tasters where there will something that suits your taste. My personal favourite was the butternut.

• Business Travel

• ellielou's Profile Photo

La Cabrera, Norte: Beef and more beef

by ellielou Written Dec 5, 2005

The staff at our Palermo Viejo guesthouse suggested this place...they said that no one was ever disappointed, and we didn't upset their odds.

Although this isn't one of the "famous" steakhouses, I did have, without a doubt, the very best meat of my life there...

And, less formal waiters, though very professional, who also wanted to make small talk with us....since we ended up eating late...even by porteno standards...

Favorite Dish: Ok. Order the bife de ojo. Order it rare, which I did. (I think I ordered it very rare, which someone once told me translated into "good and bloody.") Don't think too much, order this. It's a huge cut, I guess from that name, an eyeround, which was the most flavorful, tender, and amazing bit of flesh that's ever crossed by lips.

Someone at our table also ordered a lomo, that was stuffed with ham in it. Good, and a little "liver-y" tasting, for some reason. We also ordered a bife de chorizo, with panchetta, which was excellent.

The meat is served on long wooden cutting boards, surrounded by little dishes. It also came with another plate with a variety of side dishes to share.

Instant Answers: Buenos Aires

Comments

Hotels Near La Cabrera
4.5 out of 5 stars