La Chacra, Buenos Aires

empanada
  • xaver's Profile Photo

La Chacra: Overpriced

by xaver Written Apr 28, 2013

I chosed this restaurant after reading some reviws here on virtualtourist and I must say I totally desagree with the good comments written about it. It is overpriced and the food is really among the worst I ate during my trip. I took and sado which was like chewingum and an empanada probably made a week before. The wine was good, the only good side of that dinner. I paid 300 pesos (45€) for an asado, a salad and one empanada.

Favorite Dish: Just the wine.

asado empanada meat
    • Wine Tasting

• aseem311's Profile Photo

lachacra: Probably The best steak i've ever had

by aseem311 Written Jan 10, 2010

There's a reason why Forbes magazine put this restaurant on it's to 10 steakhouses in the world. It lives upto its reputation. Had dinner here twice and both time steaks were just perfectly cooked. Try the tenderloin in pepper sauce...

• JeanLouisV's Profile Photo

La Chacra: Avoid... expensive and chewy steak

by JeanLouisV Written May 5, 2009

This restaurant in Cordoba corner 29 July (city center) is highlighted in a famous tourist guide as a typical local steakhouse, recommended for its steaks. It is a major disappointment: first, the bife de chorizo was chewy, hard, server half cold.... incredible for Argentina; second, it turned out to be quite expensive when you add the "couvert service" (10 ARP for some old bread and butter), coffee (also 10 ARP); the house wine was very basic, and again expensive. In my view it is the definitive tourist trap mutton, to appeal you dressed in its lamb clothes of a typical local, no-frills place. AVOID!

Favorite Dish: None

• WStat's Profile Photo

La Chacra: where Steaks are an art-form !

by WStat Updated Dec 11, 2006

La Chacra is one of B.A.`s famous "Parillas" ( Steak- and BQ-HRestaurants).A Parailla has an "Asador",an open fire of glowing charcoals around which a number of vertical metals ("asadores") holding pieces of various meats or whole carcasses of lamb, pork and goat. These rotate to get the heat regularly from most sides.The cook will come over eventually to cut off portions as they are ordered. The La Chacra restaurant is very representative of such Parrillas and offers the very best of this sort of classic Argentinian food.Besides, there are ofcourse all kinds of barbequed chicken, sausages etc and a rich choice of local Argentinian dishes, like Empanadas.
    Steaks come usually in 400 or 600 gram cuts (!)
    Open from noon to 1:30 a.m.

Favorite Dish: Bife di Lomo (Eye Filet of Beef) with mixed salads and a bottle of red Argentinian Malbec

the Chacra-Bull (right)

• Dabs's Profile Photo

La Chacra: Good central place for steaks

by Dabs Updated Apr 2, 2006

If the sight of the stuffed cow doesn't lure you into La Chacra, surely the display of meat on an open fire spit in the window will. We stopped here for lunch on our last day (recommended in Frommers), one more hunk of beef before we headed home back to a normal diet. Lunch at most Buenos Aires restaurants is not terribly busy, there were many empty tables. Also like many Buenos Aires restaurants, you are served by waiters in black pants and white dinner jackets and served on tables with white linen even though you will not feel out of place in casual attire.

Favorite Dish: For my last meal in Buenos Aires, I selected a ribeye steak (ojo de bife) which came without any sides so I ordered one last plates of french fries (papas fritas), a common side dish as well as salad. David ordered Lomo La Chacra, a tenderloin covered in cheese and a sauce with vegetables, his selection was better than mine even though I enjoyed the ribeye, I would heartily recommend the Lomo La Chacra.

Before our entree came, they served us an empanada, which was pretty tasty and the usual bread which I assume is the table service. Locals were getting sauce with their empanadas, I don't think our waiter knew enough English to explain it to us so he didn't offer us any.

Our bill came to 101 pesos ($33 US) including table service of 5 pesos each and 2 drinks.

La Chacra Gotta have my photo with the cow Tenderloin La Chacra Ribeye La Chacra

Instant Answers: Buenos Aires

Comments

Hotels Near La Chacra
3.5 out of 5 stars