Lola Restaurant, Buenos Aires

• vtnyc's Profile Photo

Lola: Recoleta's Restaurant Row Recommendation

by vtnyc Written Mar 24, 2005

enjoy the wam breeze in Lola's garden

When I was in BA, I spent the night in Palermo Soho, so I only toured Recoleta during the day. When walking down restaurant row in front of the cemetary, this was the place I stopped at twice. And both times I was happy with my decision.

They have and outdoor seating arrangement like all the other places on restaurant row. Inside catapults you into haven of luxury and elegant decor.

Outside I didn't see a cubierto on my receipt, so I don't think they charge a cover fee for your plates, seat, and utensils.

Appetizers (coke, bottled water) 4 pesos
    Lunch entrees 18-22 pesos
    deserts 12 pesos

Favorite Dish: Ensalada de espinicas was good enough to order twice. Fresh baby spinach mixed with a great delicious dressing.

• lkdahl's Profile Photo

Lola: Dining next to the cemetry

by lkdahl Updated Mar 9, 2005

After last years so-so experience at Lola, I thought I'd give it another chance this year. By all accounts, Lola is a very trendy restuarant that attracts the wealthy and the famous. They have indoor dining or when the weather is nice, outside dining. I would suggest dining outside.

This time around I was very impressed by the food. The lomo was done to a perfect medium.

Favorite Dish: I had a very tasty crab soup for starters.
    Lomo as my maincourse.
    A good bottle of Malbec.
    An expresso to complete the meal. In Buenos Aires, when you get coffee, they bring a tray or plate of cookies and other sweets.

Instant Answers: Buenos Aires

Comments

Hotels Near Lola Restaurant
3.0 out of 5 stars