Pecarás (it is called Eliot now), Buenos Aires

3.5 out of 5 stars 3.5 Stars - 5 Reviews

Honduras 5237 4831-1112

• Pecarás (it is called Eliot now)
    by cjg1
  • Pecarás (it is called Eliot now)
    by cjg1
    main dining room
    by vtnyc
  • Hexepatty's Profile Photo

Pescaras Restaurant: You gotta check this out. FRESH & SO Clean...

by Hexepatty Updated Apr 4, 2011

my favorite restaurant!

Fresh prepared upscale dining with lots of visual flare and great food presentation. Taste and Value matches the Ambience. Now KNOW this: I'm a FOODY... I real gourmand hound. This Place Rocks. I went there twice and only had 4 days in BA. I was turned on to the place by Sofia... Sofia was turned on to the place by Suda. I turned the place on to my friends. This is JUST that kind of place. GREAT wine prices on the Wine list too. Can't go Wrong here.

Favorite Dish: A raviolli or tortellini dish stuffed w/ pumpkin & mozzarella, with a cream sauce. Had this main dish BOTH times I was there. Soup of the Day first visit was Pumpkin Soup. Simply Magical. It wasn't on the menu 2nd visit. Had Veg. Tempura as a starter first visit. Above average. 2nd visit starter was squid w/ black beans. Excellent.

• cjg1's Profile Photo

Pecarás (it is called Eliot now): Here for meeting.

by cjg1 Updated Sep 14, 2006

Eliot was a disappointment for food. The meeting was good and I FINALLY met Sof here. The restaurant wasn’t ready for us to be what we were. Ok. That’s fine. A lot of places wouldn’t know what to expect in a VT meeting dinner.

But one person’s meal was forgotten. Then there were things that were not what was ordered. A couple other issues with the food.

That said. The manager tried to make up for it with service and put his best effort into it. I would recommend the service but sadly not the food.

We shared some decent wine here as well as topping the evening off with Quilmes before moving on to a couple bars before our night at the club.

• Beer Tasting
    • Wine Tasting

• sof76's Profile Photo

It was a nice restaurant...: Pecar?s

by sof76 Updated Feb 15, 2006

This used to be a very nice restaurant, everything there was very nice, the food, the music, the people...now they changed owners... The new name is Eliot... I went there to a VT meeting, but I didn't like the place that much. In my opinion it was just ok... Ask vtnyc!

Solia ser un restaurante muy lindo, todo estaba bueno, la comida, la musica, la gente... ahora cambiaron de dueños... El lugar se llama Eliot. Fui a una reunion de VTers pero la verdad es que el lugar no me gusto mucho. En mi opinion es un lugar ok, nada mas. Preguntenle a vtnyc!

Favorite Dish: .

• Wine Tasting
    • Beer Tasting

• vtnyc's Profile Photo

Eliot: Palermo Soho's Eclectic Mediterranean

by vtnyc Written Apr 6, 2005

main dining room

The first thing you'll notice when you walk in Eliot is it's ambiance. Here they don't miss -- at all. The ambiance is awesome and tastefully done. From a vintage red victorian couch to settle in on the right to a modern mix of artistic creations around the rest of the main room, the decor is is a hit.

There is an upstairs too. That would probably be a good place to people watch from as it sits on a balcony overlooking the main dining room.

When the crowd gets loud and busy, the music is hard to hear. But when you can hear it -- at least the night I was there alone -- they were playing a mix ranging from The Smith's to trance music.

When I was alone, the food was good. In other words, it was a "hit". But when I was there on the VT meet, the food was a "miss" My friend, Mike aka Wiggles_Malibu didn't get the original plate he ordered and then was forced to wait for his entreee until the rest of us were ready to get desert. Apparently, it takes the kitchen along time to cook a simple dish. To compensate for their mistake, the owner added some drinks on the house. So the service in that regard was a "hit", but the food was a "miss."

Personally, I like the salad. Mixed with salad greens and a tasteful dijon dip, it made a great accompaniment to some delicious Saint Felicien. The first time I was there, it was good. The second time I was there, it was good. The salad thus scores a "hit"

With deference to the opinions of my friends, the food was a "hit" or "miss". Some will like it, some won't. I liked it, but others did not.

The crowd here was not representative of the young, bohemian crowd that pervades Palermo Soho. Rather, the restaurant seemed to cater to a hip and trendy 30 something crowd.

• cochinjew's Profile Photo

PECARAS: Nice restaurant in Palermo Hollywood

by cochinjew Written Jul 1, 2003

Favorite Dish: QUEREMOS INVITARLOS ESTA SEMANA A DISFRUTAR DE PECARÁS RESTOBAR.

. LOS MEDIODÍAS, DE LUNES A VIERNES, MENÚ EJECUTIVO DESDE $ 6.

. HOY MARTES OFRECEMOS LA TRADICIONAL PIZZA CASERA LIBRE.
    . MIERCOLES: MENÚ ESPECIAL, CON RESERVA, PARA VER EN VIVO DESDE LAS 21 HS. EL PARTIDO FINAL: BOCA - SANTOS.
    . EL JUEVES: SUGERENCIAS, HAPPY HOUR EN TRAGOS Y BRAHMA, Y DESCUENTO DEL 15% EN PAGO EN EFECTIVO PRESENTANDO ESTE MAIL.
    . EL VIERNES: PROMOCIONES ESPECIALES EN CHAMPAGNE MUMM, BAILEYS, J&B Y BODEGAS GRAFFIGNA.

. EL SABADO, POR UN EVENTO PRIVADO, PECARÁS PERMANECERÁ CERRADO AL PÚBLICO.

Muchas Gracias. Los Esperamos.
    PECARÁS RESTOBAR. pecarasrestobar@hotmail.com pecarasrestobar.com.ar
    Honduras 5237 - Palermo. Te: 4831-1112.

Instant Answers: Buenos Aires