Leather, Buenos Aires

Know about this? Rate It!

Liz & her new Jacket
    by cjg1
  • Leather
    by cjg1
    Good quality made leater for Ferni
    by Gypsystravels
  • ets's Profile Photo

Tarquino: Inexpensive soft quality leather!

by ets Written Oct 6, 2004

affordable quality leather!

Attentive, honest sales people providing quality leather goods at fair prices! Natasha and Pablo, the owners, will be more than happy to help you.

What to buy: I bought two leather jackets, each costing a litle over $100. USD. The same jackets would have cost me over $300. USD each in San Francisco. My friend from Buenos Aires said that I got a good deal and that the prices were not inflated even for a foreign visitor like me.

What to pay: $120. USD for a very soft quality leather jacket.

• sabrina_florida's Profile Photo

Leather: Great deals in excellent leather!

by sabrina_florida Updated Jan 13, 2007

Buenos Aires: leather paradise!

*Although Florida street in downtown hosts some good shops where to buy leather,all locals agree that the best place to do it is on Murillo street. There are plenty of shops there where you can walk around looking for the best design or the best deals.

*As for bags, wallets and belts the best brands in terms of design and quality are Prüne, Blaqué and Lazaro. These are usually found in shopping malls, as well as in the main shopping streets in Buenos Aires.

• VeronicaG's Profile Photo

Juan Lopez: Leather, in all forms!! Juan Lopez

by VeronicaG Updated Feb 4, 2008

At Juan Lopez a smartly dressed saleswoman presented several different purses for me to examine and pointed out the attributes of each one. She was extremely helpful!

This luxurious leather shop offered purses, belts, coats, etc. My daughter-in-law was taking a leather jacket back as a gift and they made it to order in two or three days. We had it in hand before departing Buenos Aires. I can't say enough about this shop! I bought two well made, stylish purses for $162 total. They'll last for a long time due to their exquisite craftmanship.

What to buy: LEATHER!!!!!!!!!!!

What to pay: So well made they are worth the price!

• cjg1's Profile Photo

Leather: Maybe Leather Factory

by cjg1 Written Nov 12, 2008

Liz & her new Jacket

Liz wanted to buy a leather jacket so off we went to Florids street. We wandered into this store and were greated by Fernando and Lilaj. They were very helpful and brought Liz a large selction of jackets in all types of leathers to try on. Liz wasn't finding anything to her liking when Fernando rushed to the back of the store. He appeared with a light brown sude jacket. Liz tried it on and it fit perfectly as if it was made for her. The color and cut were perfect. It was an unique style and was belted. It was an instant sale.

Fernando tried to find me something but I wasn't thrilled with anything I tried. Maybe next time.

It was an easy purchase and we were able to pay in American dollars.

What to buy: Jackets, pants,skirts, gloves and shoes.

What to pay: The jacket was $279 dollars which I think is a bargain for the uniqueness and quality.

• Architecture
    • Wine Tasting

• trvlrtom's Profile Photo

calle Murillo: Street for great quality and selection

by trvlrtom Updated Aug 19, 2007

Of the many places to shop for leather goods in BsAs, one area that has a great selection of jackets, purses, etc. is calle Murillo. If you have been to calle Florida, Murillo will be a welcome relief from the busy atmosphere and hawkers trying to get you into their stores. This two block stretch of calle Murillo has at least 15 different stores, with a good variety of leather goods. I bought a coat and a purse here, both of excellent quality and at a good price relative to what I saw in the busier places.

What to buy: Leather coats and jackets, purses. Good material, not touristy stuff.

What to pay: The same or less than on calle Florida.

• Women's Travel

• Gypsystravels's Profile Photo

Leather: American Leather

by Gypsystravels Updated Apr 3, 2009

Ferni in his new jacket

Ferni was looking for a new leather jacket to take back home. After spending some time walking around Florida Street we finally found something that he liked in the window of this shop.

We walked in and were greeted by two saleswomen, both very friendly and eager to show us what they had. The jacket in the window was a really nice botton down jacket with no open lapels, which is what Ferni wanted. He tried on the jacket and it fit perfect, only problem, I didn't like the leather. I asked the saleswomen if she had a much better quality leather and she brought out the same jacket made of lambskin, now that jacket looked and felt so much better.

Ferni quickly paid for the jacket and we were off.

What to buy: Leather lambskin jacket for Ferni was $890 pesos, a bargin!!

• swesn's Profile Photo

Leather: BUENOS AIRES: LEATHER

by swesn Written Nov 9, 2006

Tourists usually get accosted along Calle Florida by leather touts. I believe the prices there are much higher.

Walk along Avenida Corrientes to the area between Avenida Callao and Avenida Pueyrredon. You should be able to find shops selling leather goods, like wallets, belts, etc... that are reasonably-priced.

What to buy: Leather goods

• TexasDave's Profile Photo

Leather Factory Outlets

by TexasDave Written Nov 1, 2007

Store After Store of Leather Goods

This is a little off the main tourist scene, but within 4 city blocks there is a concentration of more than two dozen stores claiming to be factory outlets (some are not), but it makes it much easier to shop and compare before you buy. With the leather coat I bought they included altering the length of the sleeves for free- I just had to wait about 45 minutes while it got sent back to the factory.

• Nicckie's Profile Photo

Cul de Sac Bolsos y Complementos: Beautiful Leather Purses

by Nicckie Updated Dec 23, 2008

Super, soft chocolate brown oversized bag

This little gem located in Barrio Norte is a must-see if you're looking for great leather purses, bags, totes, clutches and belts. The leather is great quality, the styles are modern, yet practical and the colors are eye-catching.

The prices are comparable to stores you'd find in Palermo, but the quality is better than most others. I would say it is most similar to Carla Danelli, which has a slightly higher price point.

The store was really well laid out...all items were sorted by color. The staff would explain what alternative colors were available when looking at specific items. It was uncluttered, welcoming and smelled like fabulous leather!!

All the upscale stores provide a storage bag for the products and often the shopping bags are just as high end as the purchase inside, which is great for gift giving!! The sales folks at Cul de Sac knew I was purchasing gifts, so they gave me bags, tissue paper, and ribbons packed separately so I could assemble them on my arrival back in the states. Very friendly, courteous and helpful!

What to buy: When you're not eating the cow in Buenos Aires, you should be shopping for a piece of it in the stores. Leather is what Buenos Aires is known for. Purses, shoes, boots and belts!

What to pay: The very upscale leather purses ran from $80 - 250 US dollars. Many of these would be comparable to Michael Kors bags that average $350 US dollars. The one thing I noticed is that the detailed buckles and trim sometimes didn't appear as luxurious as you'd find with brand names.

Shoes were surprisingly not a bargain. I bought shoes that ranged from $50 - $150 and I don't spend much more than that at home...

• Leather: leather bags and shoes outlet store

by bocajane Written Jun 9, 2008

Prune outlet in the 600 block of Gurruchaga at Loyola in Villa Crespo has great leather bags at 50% off the price at the regular Prune stores found in the more expensive shopping areas. They are usually the end of season designs and colors. But if you are visiting from the USA then they are selling summer bags at the beginning of our summer and winter bags at the beginning of our winter. I just bought a beautiful leather handbag there for $70 that would have easily cost 200- 300 usd stateside. They are open on Sunday until 7pm. Regular hours the rest of the week.

• El Boyero: leather clothing

by ScottMcLean Written May 20, 2009

Last time we were in BA, we came really close to buying my wife a pair of leather boots in San Telmo. We were told one price, went to the atm, and when we got back it turned out it had been a "mistake" and the price was suddenly more expensive. Needless to say, we didn't buy them.
    This time we hit Florida street and checked out different shops, and ended up at El Boyero. We found that place to have the best quality stuff, and to have different kinds of leather. My wife got her revenge with a capybara pair of boots, and I got myself a fabulous goat suede shirt! My advice is if you are going to shop leather, capybara, etc. go to Florida instead of San Telmo.

What to buy: Capybara boots, goat suede shirts, and other leather goods

What to pay: it's not bargain prices, but it's top quality

• XKuger's Profile Photo

Many shops: Leather - Good Buy

by XKuger Written Oct 26, 2004

I bought some leather bags and a purse for my girlfriend. It was made from this unique wild rodent that is found only in Argentina.

It was very fine leather with a soft texture and very unique.

It was also resinabally priced.

What to buy: Most definitly Leather goods like bags, bealt, shoes etc.

• Silvia Eisele Cueros: Great leather jackets in Buenos Aires!!

by richardhope58 Written Jan 9, 2013

I was recomended by local friends to this excellent leather shop in Buenos Aires. We made an appointment with Henry to his cell (116 365 1602) and went to there private showroom in Recoleta. After taking our measures and showing us different options, they made a custom made jacket for me and my wife in just a few days. They fitted perfect and we are very happy with the result and with the attention of these very warm people.

What to buy: Jackets and pants

What to pay: Very reasonable prices

• Women's Travel
    • Gay and Lesbian

• fairy_dust's Profile Photo

Leather: Leather and fur

by fairy_dust Written Jan 9, 2014

Argentina is known for its leather goods, and there are lots of stores downtown that sell leather and/or fur. Usually, you'll find both in the same store.

What to buy: Coats, jackets, hats, scarves, gloves, etc made of leather and/or fur. Some of these things are also dyed in different colours.

What to pay: Very pricey, though it's usually good quality.

• namidub's Profile Photo

Duty Free Leather Shopping

by namidub Written Feb 10, 2006

Browsing Browsing Browsing

Row of duty-free shops offering many choices of quality leather goods.

What to buy: Men & Women's Leather bags,jackets,shoes..

What to pay: starting from USD40 ( for a pair of shoes )

Instant Answers: Buenos Aires